Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is like watching an elderly elephant swaying it's head sadly in the corner of the pen, ever more lost in its own madness and despair as it contemplates the never ending cyclic nature of captivity, both of body and spirit; knowing that no matter what effort it might make it will always be there, in that grey concrete walled corner day in day out, unable to change a damned thing til the day it gratefully lays down to die shorn of all dignity and hope.

29 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

What the fuck is your problem? Is it seriously this hard for you to understand that people enjoy experiencing the festival differently to you? Or are you now just belittling people for the sake of it?

Mine was I thought a completely valid question phrased in a way that I don't believe was belittling to anyone (we can't all phrase questions as tactfully as 'what the fuck is your problem?' sadly).  Yes, I do understand that people enjoy different things, I just don't honestly understand what someone would get up to for five days at Glastonbury without the music. Hence the question 'what would you get up to for five days?'

Just now, Spindles said:

This thread is like watching an elderly elephant swaying it's head sadly in the corner of the pen, ever more lost in its own madness and despair as it contemplates the never ending cyclic nature of captivity, both of body and spirit; knowing that no matter what effort it might make it will always be there, in that grey concrete walled corner day in day out, unable to change a damned thing til the day it gratefully lays down to die shorn of all dignity and hope.

He's got a point.

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Mine was I thought a completely valid question phrased in a way that I don't believe was belittling to anyone (we can't all phrase questions as tactfully as 'what the fuck is your problem?' sadly).  Yes, I do understand that people enjoy different things, I just don't honestly understand what someone would get up to for five days at Glastonbury without the music. Hence the question 'what would you get up to for five days?'

Well it was bellitling because you are patronising anyone in this thread who disagrees with you. People have explained to you what they get up to when they are not watching bands and you still continue to wind them up. I honestly couldn't give a toss whether you prefer Wednesday, Friday, Sunday or even fucking Monday. Pick whatever day you like. It really pisses me off that you obviously think you're better than anyone who enjoys doing something other than watching bands at Glastonbury. 

Edited by BlackHole2006

14 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Well it was bellitling because you are patronising anyone in this thread who disagrees with you. People have explained to you what they get up to when they are not watching bands and you still continue to wind them up. I honestly couldn't give a toss whether you prefer Wednesday, Friday, Sunday or even fucking Monday. Pick whatever day you like. It really pisses me off that you obviously think you're better than anyone who enjoys doing something other than watching bands at Glastonbury. 

I think you're probably taking this all a little bit too seriously mate.

Apologies, I've found this thread fairly ridiculous for a while now and it's amused me somewhat to keep it going by continuing to take it at face value. I'm def not a troll but I can see how it may have looked like it. I'm going to shut up now. 

Happy Glastonburys all round!

Basically, the more eloquent version of this 'speech' is the elephant analogy from the previous page...

1 minute ago, plaskins said:

Sunday PM I am welling up during sets 

I got close to that on Sunday night in 2007, when I found myself unable to move away from a burger van that was playing ' Working 9 to 5' on a loop system. I really wasn't sure whether they were playing it because it can be a joyous song, or whether it was the burger vans crew taking the piss about the lot of us having to go back to work. It all got a bit too existential and I had to retreat to my tent and just lie there with 'the fear'.

• 3 months later...

Just wondering what everyone's big Wednesday highlights were.

Clean pants?
Bimble?
Recently washed hair?
Not watching any bands of note?
Heat exhaustion?
Standing in a huge queue?
Cheering when a cloud went over?

Edited by Homer

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just wondering what everyone's big Wednesday highlights were.

Clean pants?
Bimble?
Recently washed hair?
Not watching any bands of note?
Heat exhaustion?
Standing in a huge queue?
Cheering when a cloud went over?

Hahaha love the fact you couldn't let this one sit. 

Im with you 100% though. 

Just now, mjsell said:

Hahaha love the fact you couldn't let this one sit. 

Im with you 100% though. 

Thanks! I like to think  my 'gift' for pedanticism stems from my love of Lee and Herring. That and:

Edited by Homer

For 2019, I'd like a Sunday headliner that I can really love please. I've gone for Justice, EWF, Chemical Brothers, Disclosure and Bobby Womack in the past 5 years and while all have had their various merits, none have really hit the sweet spot.

It's difficult to love a Sunday night as our alarm's set for 5am Monday morning to try and get back to the north east at a reasonable time. 

12 minutes ago, Badlands said:

For 2019, I'd like a Sunday headliner that I can really love please. I've gone for Justice, EWF, Chemical Brothers, Disclosure and Bobby Womack in the past 5 years and while all have had their various merits, none have really hit the sweet spot.

It's difficult to love a Sunday night as our alarm's set for 5am Monday morning to try and get back to the north east at a reasonable time. 

Ive been really lucky with my Sunday headliner being my highlight the last three years: Chems, LCD, Justice. Eat Static v System 7 was fairly amazing in 2013 too. 2014 was rubbish to be fair though.0

Wednesday easily, although everyone's after traveling, queing and setting up camp, just a better vibe in the air, not all the night venues are open and they tend to shut earlier, but there's hardly any que's for anything.

By the time Sunday comes everyones fucked from the week, tend to find people get alot grumpier and more agitated on the sunday

Love Sundays, always find them so chilled out and has that anything will set you off for a weep, and then you're ready for a big final night, dancing your socks off for one last time. Last 3 years had fantastic bands have been on sunday Justice this year, LCD and PJ last, Patti Smith and Dalai Lama even!! Can't compare it with a wednesday as joyous as they are to be back in the field! 

I think it's a fair point to make that the enthusiasm and buzz of some can be seen to be at a low ebb on the last day. If you've been going full belt since Tuesday night, then Sunday can be a hard slog.

Thinking about it, I'm probably more likely to start a conversation with strangers and be more sociable on the Wed, than the Sunday. There's no denying the atmosphere leading up to the Friday is something you rarely get at other events. 

The music gets you through though, Chic and Bazza this year were amazing, what a double bill that was. Wish the Flaming Lips had been Sunday, to finish my weekend on that would have been something else.