Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, uscore said:

do what you like, but that's not true.  On Wednesday there's a shared experience of first day.  When you arrive on Thursday you can really sense that everyone is already acclimatised.  It's not terrible, but it's not as simple as saying Thursday is your Wednesday.  The site is different too, you can see it's started to be worn down, it's not fresh any more.

And you also spend Wednesday at home or work,  chomping at the bit.

But like I said, you do also miss a lot of the faff of getting in, so that's a bonus.

Last year I saw Beck followed by LCD Soundsystem. But this untrampled grass development has got me wondering if I made the right decision after all...

Definitely Wednesday...

The sheer elation that you're there hasn't quite sunk in yet

No pressure to go see any band or act so you can happily stroll around and do whatever you like

You can enjoy the first embrace with those 'meet at every Glastonbury' mates

Sup your first cold alcoholic beverage heartburn free

Your tent doesnt wreak of tramp flaps

Soooo much to look forward to. Pure optimism.

5 minutes ago, uscore said:

Saying "if you arrive on Thursday then it's your Wednesday" is like saying you can celebrate new year's eve on the evening of January 1st instead of December 31st

It isn't if all your positives are of the kind expressed in the post above (and in loads of other posts too).

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last year I saw Beck followed by LCD Soundsystem. But this untrampled grass development has got me wondering if I made the right decision after all...

I mean, I get it, you like the bands.  But you are making the assumption that people want the same festival as you.   For many it isn't just about the music.

If it was just about bands, I'll probably pick Reading over Glastonbury.  

Some people might be going to loads of festivals, so they might be seeing all the bands anyway, and so they pick Glastonbury Wednesday because that day's experience is unique, compared to another day of seeing bands.

Lots of people at this festival, lots of different ways to enjoy ourselves.

Edited by uscore

13 minutes ago, Smeble said:

it quite clearly isn't

yeah, it's an imperfect analogy. But from my pov, the atmosphere is quite different on the Wednesday to the Thursday.  Your arrival is different to the communal experience of EVERYONE's arrival.   When I base my decision on which day I have to lose (and believe me I hate having to lose a day, but it's what I have to do in order to go) it will be weighing up my personal enjoyment of that experience vs the bands playing on Sunday. Last year Wednesday won by a clear margin.  I kinda hope the lineup makes it a harder choice this year.

Edited by uscore

39 minutes ago, uscore said:

Saying "if you arrive on Thursday then it's your Wednesday" is like saying you can celebrate new year's eve on the evening of January 1st instead of December 31st

not really as OP was asking whether to sacrifice Weds or Sun, it has to be Weds as Sun is a band day, but I suppose its whether OP likes who's playing on the Sun at end of the day...

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Isn't the efests meet on the Wednesday?

Yes it is, watch out for a pinned post and be free at 6pm! 

I love Wednesday (and Thursday) walking round enjoying new food stalls, seeing the changes to the site, meeting friends and making 5 minute friends. I also love it when the music starts and decisions need to be made as to who to see. But if I had to choose it would be Wednesday, because it is so laid back. :D