2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 hours ago, battleborn said:

I'm sure his management would understand the significance of headlining Glastonbury.

Regards the earlier price, if the biggest festival in the UK can't afford a band like Guns N Roses's we've got a bit of an issue. Download could afford them...

One of the most ignorant posts I've probably read. You're an idiot, find out and realize what Glastonbury is before you decide what they can and can't do, should and shouldn't do. 

12 hours ago, Retro P said:

Mate for 69 Euros you can see them at Paris download (which I’m doing). So much cheaper and a different experience in itself. 

Is it staggered there as there is 5 bands max on main stage and etc through the day?. I'd see 10 acts...8 I'm bothered by but it's very split over the days but id get to see all. Download UK I'd see 12 but only 8 due to clashes though so for the prize I could see them individually cheaper. GNR though is more affordable in Paris at 69 euro compared to 30 quid more here. 

14 hours ago, battleborn said:

if she was looking for bands she'd have been better off going to Slamdunk north after the success of Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes last year. Reel Big Fish, Jimmy Eat World, Sleeping with Sirens, Lower Than Atlantis, Goldfinger, Twin Atlantic, Every Time I Die and Good Charlotte would all be good bands to book, but we're way off headliners here...

I’d rather have nofx, pennywise and millencolin 

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

What kind of comment is that?

He's a incredibly good showman, a talented pianist and has a good back catalogue of hits. 

No shit, why would he be third down then you absolute whopper. Legend slot or headliner. 

Can you stop clogging up the forum with your inane bollocks. 

• Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, battleborn said:

He's headlining the Sunday night and closing the festival you utter pillock. 

Do you need everything spelt out:

Friday  Arctic Monkeys

Saturday Queens of the Stone Age

Sunday  Elton John  Sunday Legend Crosby, Stills & Nash (& hopefully Young)

and Other Stage just to clarify

Friday  Disclosure

Saturday The Streets (if the new album does well)

Sunday Underworld

Not even remotely obvious given you had The Killers third down a couple of hours ago you plum. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Not even remotely obvious given you had The Killers third down a couple of hours ago you plum. 

Tbf I was bare confused by your reply. Thought you were rinsing him for not knowing who Billy Joel is by just insinuating he doesn't know any old musicians :lol:

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf I was bare confused by your reply. Thought you were rinsing him for not knowing who Billy Joel is by just insinuating he doesn't know any old musicians :lol:

Lmaoo, need to stay off efests when I'm knackered. Rustled big time last night by Battleborn

11 hours ago, battleborn said:

He's headlining the Sunday night and closing the festival you utter pillock. 

Do you need everything spelt out:

Friday  Arctic Monkeys

Saturday Queens of the Stone Age

Sunday  Elton John  Sunday Legend Crosby, Stills & Nash (& hopefully Young)

and Other Stage just to clarify

Friday  Disclosure

Saturday The Streets (if the new album does well)

Sunday Underworld

You definitely are the biggest idiot on here, there is two things that may happen here at the very max.

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

CSN threaten to get back together periodically and would fit the legend bill perfectly.

Disagree. They played a few years ago to a largely disinterested Pyramid crowd. Of course, they could play again (once Crosby has started talking to the others again),  but it won’t be the legends spot as (despite the fact they are a legendary act), their songs just aren’t universally known here. 

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

If CSN aren't big enough for the legends slot because their songs aren't well know enough/singalong enough, we're running out of people who are. Most of the people who could are dead or have already done it or another prominent Glastonbury set. 

Granted, that generation are dying off, but still plenty that could do it; Elton John, Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Cher, Carole King, Barry Manilow, Carly Simon, Ringo Starr and plenty more. And then you’ve got the next generation that could do it - Blondie, Sting, Annie Lennox, Duran Duran and the like. The last fout don’t interest me, but have loads of hits to get the crowd going. 

6 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Looking back through Glastonbury history there's some really odd scheduling. Were The Verve really big enough in 2008 to be billed above Leonard Cohen, I remember them being pretty big but?

A reminder that whatever we think is obvious next year might not be the case?

Reunion hype init.

And yeah what we think is obvious often doesn't end up happening; you'll get used to that after a few years following rumours/discussion.

For instance you said Arctic Monkeys are almost nailed on earlier, but they could quite easily take the bigger payday of R&L or be in America or something during Glasto.

26 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Looking back through Glastonbury history there's some really odd scheduling. Were The Verve really big enough in 2008 to be billed above Leonard Cohen, I remember them being pretty big but?

A reminder that whatever we think is obvious next year might not be the case?

It was odd at the time.

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Doing some more reading into it and for some reason unknown Cohen refused to let the BBC film his set, which might have had something to do with it. No way would the BBC be going "tonight's headliner is Leonard Cohen, but we can't show you that"

Yeah, you could be onto something there.  Not that the BBC has as much clout as you might imagine, but given the two weren't too dissimilar in size at the time (reunion hype can bump an act up a couple of slots), the non-televisual aspect may have been the decider.  But, let's be clear - the BBC does not dictate terms on scheduling at the festival.  They may pay lots of money for the rights, but they are by no means a co-organiser.

@eFestivals I seem to remember you having some insight as to the role of the Beeb.  Could this have been a consideration in putting Verve last?