2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Sub the pyramid again. I mean they might headline, but more likely to sub the pyramid again. They aren't as popular now as when they subbed.

Because they'd just released and were touring a new album when they subbed, and will go back to being just as 'popular' when they release another new album.

Although I don't know why I'm even replying as you clearly don't know a thing and I really doubt Tame Impala will be back so soon.

Edited by FloorFiller

I really doubt Kenny has even heard of Glastonbury, let alone gives enough of a shit about it to agree to play for Eavis’ usual offer of three bread rolls and a McFlurry. They didn’t even book him when he was breaking through, there’s nothing to suggest he’d suddenly be inclined to turn up now that he’s a megastar who could pick any festival on the planet to headline.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I really doubt Kenny has even heard of Glastonbury, let alone gives enough of a shit about it to agree to play for Eavis’ usual offer of three bread rolls and a McFlurry. They didn’t even book him when he was breaking through, there’s nothing to suggest he’d suddenly be inclined to turn up now that he’s a megastar who could pick any festival on the planet to headline.

Glasto has a poor record with hip-hop. I wouldn't be surprised if they never even tried for him when he was breaking through. I think he's now more likely than ever to play, but it'd come down to whether he or his management could see the other benefits to headlining Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I really doubt Kenny has even heard of Glastonbury, let alone gives enough of a shit about it to agree to play for Eavis’ usual offer of three bread rolls and a McFlurry.

Can't be true. Chris Martin wouldn't be seen dead near gluten I expect. 

23 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I'm sure his management would understand the significance of headlining Glastonbury.

Regards the earlier price, if the biggest festival in the UK can't afford a band like Guns N Roses's we've got a bit of an issue. Download could afford them...

Download is hardly strapped for cash.

4 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Are you saying Download doesn't have expenses beside the headliners? My point stands that Glastonbury really should be able to afford Guns N Roses. If 3 million is too much money for someone to entertain over 100,000 people for several hours for you then you're not running your business at an optimum. 

There’s loads of things Glastonbury could do to ‘run business at an optimum’. Sponsorship opportunities for a start, not sending money to charity, cutting 100 stages or so, relocate, etc.

If you want to just see GNR at any old fest then you can go to Download.

57 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Are you saying Download doesn't have expenses beside the headliners? My point stands that Glastonbury really should be able to afford Guns N Roses. If 3 million is too much money for someone to entertain over 100,000 people for several hours for you then you're not running your business at an optimum. 

ha!

it's taken a good few months now, but you've finally made me giggle.  

15 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I don't want to see them at any old festival, I want to see them play the Pyramid stage as they deserve to do alongside other greats of the rock and pop industry. The atmosphere at Glastonbury is unlike any other festival, and a G N R gig their would far surpass any other place. 

I'd prefer it if GNR just took the pay-cut in recognition of how amazing an opportunity is, but they're unlikely to do it so Glasto should pony up.

What's so funny?

13 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I don't want to see them at any old festival, I want to see them play the Pyramid stage as they deserve to do alongside other greats of the rock and pop industry. The atmosphere at Glastonbury is unlike any other festival, and a G N R gig their would far surpass any other place. 

I'd prefer it if GNR just took the pay-cut in recognition of how amazing an opportunity is, but they're unlikely to do it so Glasto should pony up.

The atmosphere is because they invest in so many different areas and into making the festival experience better rather than meeting the seven-figure asking price of bands who don't give a toss about appearing.

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

It would be a great booking but you've answered your own question - they are a band that are unwilling to take a pay cut and Glastonbury isn't in the position to pay the fees. Unless something changes it's unlikely to happen.

Over the years my attitudes towards headliners have changed. As a kid going to festivals I always wanted headliners that fit my tastes and ones that would tick off 'must sees' on my list. Now since i've started in my recent years really loving the festival for reasons beyond big acts i'm not too bothered. If GNR were booked i'd probably go and i'd probably have a good time so why not.

I'm more open-minded to anything that they'd book now. I feel the festival continues to be exciting when it books a huge variety of acts and stuff that is difficult to see. I'm quietly hoping that Fleetwood Mac end up playing (after years of me slating them on these forums as some users may remember).

On 5/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, Badlands said:

Emily is off to Wales for the weekend according to Instagram, and you’d reckon it’s not to convince Ed for another stab at it next year!!

Just came back from there didn’t see Emily or anything other than the usual suspects doing 30min slots. Most of main stage have performed at Glastonbury before and probably will again.

They did call the lineup Clashfinder on the £10 program lanyard thing (no mention of Halvin) and the tent was named The Other Stage.....

Edited by morph100