Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, GlastoGoer said:

Apologies if this has been covered already, but wasn't Jordan Rakei supposed to be self-confirmed? Really hope he's added to the lineup. 

If he was we didn't know about it - see https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml and the 'Self-Confirmed' thread. But an act of his size probably wouldn't have made the poster in any event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If he was we didn't know about it - see https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml and the 'Self-Confirmed' thread. But an act of his size probably wouldn't have made the poster in any event.

Hmm, maybe this information was incorrect then. He's bigger than a handful of acts on the poster, but then again as a fan I would say that.

rakei confirmed.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Bloc party are touring again, potential other stage headliner?

More likely John Peel but i'd jump at the chance to see them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GlastoGoer said:

Hmm, maybe this information was incorrect then. He's bigger than a handful of acts on the poster, but then again as a fan I would say that.

rakei confirmed.JPG

OK - he's bigger than I thought, but not of the size you'd necessarily expect him to be on the poster. As you've posted this came from GlastoFestFeed, you should look on their site, which has a link to a Twitter confirmation by his label PR that he'll be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

OK - he's bigger than I thought, but not of the size you'd necessarily expect him to be on the poster. As you've posted this came from GlastoFestFeed, you should look on their site, which has a link to a Twitter confirmation by his label PR that he'll be there.

Ah - just found said link. Thank you. Definitely recommend catching him if you can, he's ace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Bloc party are touring again, potential other stage headliner?

Nowhere near big enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

Any tips on getting there/ when I'll need to start heading there?

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

Any tips on getting there/ when I'll need to start heading there?

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

Cutting in from either side works ok. Obviously, earlier the better. If you want to guarantee a good spot get there before the band subbing finishes, a lot of movement in the crossover and you can get close in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

Any tips on getting there/ when I'll need to start heading there?

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

If I've ever wanted to get closer to the front I've always chosen the left-hand side as you face the stage. Hug the fence that leads up to it, the crowd can be sparsely spread out here, then at the point where the barrier starts, cut inwards. Choose the right time, usually at the changeover point and politely and steadily work your way through. Do it with a big smile on your face and interact with your fellow Glastonauts as you move closer and it'll be a pain-free process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Cutting in from either side works ok. Obviously, earlier the better. If you want to guarantee a good spot get there before the band subbing finishes, a lot of movement in the crossover and you can get close in. 

 

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If I've ever wanted to get closer to the front I've always chosen the left-hand side as you face the stage. Hug the fence that leads up to it, the crowd can be sparsely spread out here, then at the point where the barrier starts, cut inwards. Choose the right time, usually at the changeover point and politely and steadily work your way through. Do it with a big smile on your face and interact with your fellow Glastonauts as you move closer and it'll be a pain-free process

Did exactly this part way through The XX for Radiohead, got as far as I could without having to squish past, waited for the switchover then made my way to the middle as fast as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, Stubbsy55 said:

What slot will campelphat be playing? I’d imagine high up on one of the smaller stages 

Who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

Any tips on getting there/ when I'll need to start heading there?

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

As others have said, make your way towards the stage during the sub headliner, slowly move your way along the bottom left. If you can get into the area before the subheadliner finishes, you'll have a lot of people near you wanting to leave and a lot wanting to go in, just smile and follow the quickest moving group. Make friends on your way in as the guys you're standing near you'll be next to for the next 45 minutes and then you get to find out why they want to see the band and enjoy the moments together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Cutting in from either side works ok. Obviously, earlier the better. If you want to guarantee a good spot get there before the band subbing finishes, a lot of movement in the crossover and you can get close in. 

This . Been at the front (in circle) for muse Coldplay stones Kanye Radiohead  . Get towards the sides for the last 20 mins of the sub and get in when the crossover happens . I’ve sat through subs before just to guarantee it. I think crowd position is a massive influence in how much I enjoy a gig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

 This . Been at the front (in circle) for muse Coldplay stones Kanye Radiohead  . Get towards the sides for the last 20 mins of the sub and get in when the crossover happens . I’ve sat through subs before just to guarantee it. I think crowd position is a massive influence in how much I enjoy a gig

I find at regular gigs (depending on size) anywhere in the first 3rd / half is normally pretty good and lively deppending on the band. At festivals however especially on main stages, outside of the front circle is normally very calm and relaxed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is cutting in from the left much better than right? I ask because the lay of the land is higher on the right so it's always more preferable being that even bit more that side? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, Stubbsy55 said:

What slot will campelphat be playing? I’d imagine high up on one of the smaller stages 

 

2 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Who? 

typing mistake bastards... I have no fukcimg tyme for then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your on your own or there's only a couple of you, you can get down the left hand side pretty easily arriving at the change over. Just be friendly and you'll get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So: 3 for 3 then. Might have looked dicey on paper but an absolute romp for the Eavises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at 2015: you can have a stellar set on paper, looking unassailable a month out, but they all variously go through the motions, fluff their lines or break their legs.

Or this year: you have three admittedly from the reserve bench, but who all look thrilled to be there and play career-best sets.

I know which I’d rather 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...