Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

If it’s Stormzy, The Cure and the Killers it’ll be the weakest set of headliners for me personally. 

I’ll be celebrating my tenth Glastonbury this year though so I can’t complain about taking a year off the pyramid really. I’ve had a fair few incredible nights at it before. 

I was really hoping for gaga and the strokes on the pyramid. As long as the other stage pulls through with Tame Impala and The Chemical brothers, I’ll be very happy.

 

Edited by lobo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same way that being an arsehole doesn't justify racist banners, racist banners don't justify forgiving arelseholery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from a selfish thought process the (rumoured) headline trio is good for me as I believe it will give me a great chance in the resale.

I do think the Killers & Cure will end up being well received when they actually perform, but I can’t see there being too many casuals chomping at the bit to get a ticket following their announcements in the same way as for Ed in 2017, Adele in 2016 and Macca would have attracted this year. (Or Gaga)

I’d be spending all three nights away from the Pyramid but would harbour no ill will against the organisers for what is comparitvely to other recent years, an underwelming set of headliners. Sometimes there’s just not much they can do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jordan1471 said:

I’d be spending all three nights away from the Pyramid but would harbour no ill will against the organisers for what is comparitvely to other recent years, an underwelming set of headliners. Sometimes there’s just not much they can do.

A very sensible first post. Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie. 

None of the confirmed or rumoured headliners are who I'd go out of my way to see but i usually find more than enough to keep myself entertained anyway

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, damo101 said:

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie.

Maybe a tiny bit, but ultimately they can only book what's out there - and what's out there this year doesn't seem to be especially exciting and/or has played relatively recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, damo101 said:

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie. 

None of the confirmed or rumoured headliners are who I'd go out of my way to see but i usually find more than enough to keep myself entertained anyway

There may be a small element of that, but ultimately the festival can only book who's available. And a lot of the major acts simply aren't about or aren't affordable this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For next year:

Macca

Fleetwood Mac

Mark Morrison

The Mac band

Maccapacca B2B Mack the knife

 

Edited by gherkin8r
clicked too early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Ravenscroft just jokingly "announced" The Cure on 6 Music. 

It's pretty much the worst kept secret in the world now isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There may be a small element of that, but ultimately the festival can only book who's available. And a lot of the major acts simply aren't about or aren't affordable this year.

Yeah I think so too as all the other festivals have such poor headliners. However the flip side is that Emily did say that certain acts approached her to play 20 so i'd expect a couple of big names or heritage acts. 

Edited by Doug85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, damo101 said:

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie. 

None of the confirmed or rumoured headliners are who I'd go out of my way to see but i usually find more than enough to keep myself entertained anyway

nah, I don't really think so. Bands won't be lining up their touring schedules to hit a particular Glastonbury year in the hope they get asked to play that particular year.

There might be a headliner or two where that is a factor of what they're scheduling, but there's much more than just a headliner or two out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Upvoted for the suggestion you're a 17th generation eFestser. The first forum was distributed on scroll by carrier pigeon.

**Priest1 Unrolls scroll**

"Ye hath been verily making up shit with thine imaginary imagination"

😐

Aye, much harder to get upvotes back then, took a few pigeons to carry 1 GIF. Don't think we've ever been accused of talking shit though.

Back to the topic in hand, shoulda got The Cribs to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There may be a small element of that, but ultimately the festival can only book who's available. And a lot of the major acts simply aren't about or aren't affordable this year.

Yeah I don’t see the anniversary has having a major impact on headliners. It’s just who is about.

They hyped up the 40th anniversary but 2009 had the better/bigger headliners!

 

Edited by strummer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One nice thing to do if you are missing out on the headliners is to head up the hill and take in the view whilst the festival is going full tilt. In 2016 we forewent the company of Adele on the Pyramid for the smaller scale pleasures offered by The Turin Brakes on Avalon. After the show we headed back up to Worthy View via Strummerville and got see the site in all its Saturday night glory. Arcadia flaming away to the west, Adele and the lit up Pyramid to the north and buzz of the naughty corner to the east, it really was quite the sight.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know lots of you don't want them and think they're underwhelming and boring etc but I really want The Killers and am worried my hopes have been raised too high! Kind of regretting checking out all the rumours now in case I'm disappointed - which I may well be. How often are rumours right at this stage? Still feels like there are others it could be (namely Strokes but also maybe Arctic Monkeys?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

After the show we headed back up to Worthy View via Strummerville and got see the site in all its Saturday night glory. Arcadia flaming away to the west, Adele and the lit up Pyramid to the north and buzz of the naughty corner to the east, it really was quite the sight.

1

This sounds awesome. Going to be my first Glastonbury and if I'm uninspired by any of the headliners I'm definitely leaving halfway through to do this!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blazingstars said:

I know lots of you don't want them and think they're underwhelming and boring etc but I really want The Killers and am worried my hopes have been raised too high! Kind of regretting checking out all the rumours now in case I'm disappointed - which I may well be. How often are rumours right at this stage? Still feels like there are others it could be (namely Strokes but also maybe Arctic Monkeys?).

Well considering weve had rumours of about fourty different headliners so far probably not that solid but in your favour The Killers seems more realistically possibly than a lot of the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

One nice thing to do if you are missing out on the headliners is to head up the hill and take in the view whilst the festival is going full tilt. In 2016 we forewent the company of Adele on the Pyramid for the smaller scale pleasures offered by The Turin Brakes on Avalon. After the show we headed back up to Worthy View via Strummerville and got see the site in all its Saturday night glory. Arcadia flaming away to the west, Adele and the lit up Pyramid to the north and buzz of the naughty corner to the east, it really was quite the sight.

This always causes me huge conflict and distress.

I know how amazing it is to gaze over the site at night when it's going full gas, my eyes popping in wonderment at all the incredible venues below me...

...but if I'm doing that, then I'm not IN/AT one of the incredible venues below me...

...and, quite frankly, that just ain't right!

:)

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blazingstars said:

This sounds awesome. Going to be my first Glastonbury and if I'm uninspired by any of the headliners I'm definitely leaving halfway through to do this!

I'd be careful about saying 'definitely' to anything (unless you're me, but that's a whole different conversation...!)

If you leave a headliner half way through, you have no idea how many things there are on the Farm to way-lay you 'on your way up the hill'!!!

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This always causes me huge conflict and distress.

I know how amazing it is to gaze over the site at night when it's going full gas, my eyes popping in wonderment at all the incredible venues below me...

...but if I'm doing that, then I'm not IN/AT one of the incredible venues below me...

...and, quite frankly, that just ain't right!

:)

Ben

You can always pop back down it will still be open! 😀

It really is fab though and worth doing at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hotchilidog said:

You can always pop back down it will still be open! 😀

It really is fab though and worth doing at least once.

Oh I've done it, don't worry!

I just have a bit of a...erm...problem, regarding my festival and what I'm 'doing'. Suffice to say that my clashfinder is...busy...!

Ben

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blazingstars said:

I know lots of you don't want them and think they're underwhelming and boring etc but I really want The Killers and am worried my hopes have been raised too high! Kind of regretting checking out all the rumours now in case I'm disappointed - which I may well be. How often are rumours right at this stage? Still feels like there are others it could be (namely Strokes but also maybe Arctic Monkeys?).

I wouldn't worry about folks on here think. Enjoy The Killers it will be one big bouncing sing-along even it is not an ideal saturday night for many of us on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah, I don't really think so. Bands won't be lining up their touring schedules to hit a particular Glastonbury year in the hope they get asked to play that particular year.

There might be a headliner or two where that is a factor of what they're scheduling, but there's much more than just a headliner or two out there.

That's the key thing though isn't it? I don't think anyone's complaining about the undercard this year, it's the headliners. And wouldn't it be possible that massive touring-in-2019 acts like Paul McCartney and Elton John wanted to do the 50th instead (considering they're touring in both years)? Both or even one of those would make a big difference to the way the overall strength of the line-up is being perceived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Martini Police said:

That's the key thing though isn't it? I don't think anyone's complaining about the undercard this year, it's the headliners. And wouldn't it be possible that massive touring-in-2019 acts like Paul McCartney and Elton John wanted to do the 50th instead (considering they're touring in both years)? Both or even one of those would make a big difference to the way the overall strength of the line-up is being perceived. 

but as i pointed out, anyone who is making those arrangements would already be signed up, and would only number one or two.

There's many more acts who could headline.

If it even exists it's such a small factor in what happens this year it might as well not be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a general bit of confusion amongst my group of friends, where some are insisting that Emily near enough confirmed at one point that one of the headliners would be a woman? We were all banking on Madonna or Gaga for so long but in here it seems everybody is convinced it's Stormzy/The Cure/Killers. Now we're thinking one of us made it up to the rest of the group and then somehow we all ended up believing it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...