rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Probably The Cure if any. Wu Tang > The Killers and I imagine Stormzy probablys becomes a last choice on Friday night.

Gonna be looking at other stages a lot this year round I reckon. 

Aye, a last choice if they decide to close the whole of the SE corner before the end of the headliners.😁

It's going to be really interesting who headlines the other big stages around the festival this year. If they are popular it could be record low numbers at the pyramid. Then again, perhaps, I'm totally misjudging it and talking shite and this set of headliners are far more popular than I'm giving them credit for.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Tell me something, boy
Aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so softcore?

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

The Killers - 12,679,004 monthly listeners on Spotify. 320,655 in London.

KOL - 8,392,611 monthly listeners. 217,154 in London.

In comparison...

Stormzy - 2,879,123 monthly listeners. 233,500 in London.

The Cure - 6,970,609 monthly listeners. 156,698 in London.

Doesnt really work comparing KOLs listeners now, you would have to find a way to directly compare then to 2008 when they were at their peak. 

The Killers are pretty much the perfect festival band. They'll go down really well and pull a massive crowd. 

I still think the eavii are very stupid booking 2 prominent acts for 2017 for headline slots in 2019, it’s almost like a bump up of acts! It’s mad to think rock wretcher has the bigger/stronger line up!

• Downvote 1

Yikes on that video. “He shouldn’t have made that sign” ffs lmao. Then they replace the kid with the Scientologist guy from My Name is Earl.

That Rock Werchter setlist seems quite tidy. Minimal stuff off albums three and four (and uh the greatest hits album). Also, For Reasons Unknown is a blinding tune.

Thought it would be the Killers after 2017, and it wil unite our group to be fair. Snobbism aside I think it’s pretty decent booking. Universally popular except on here (and I have a lot of love for here). As a group we’d see them above most of those mentioned except probably Madonna and FM. 

2 minutes ago, dip said:

The Killers are pretty much the perfect festival band. They'll go down really well and pull a massive crowd. 

The sort of people who go to Glastonbury are the sort of people whose favourite band is The Killers.

4 minutes ago, chatty said:

Doesnt really work comparing KOLs listeners now, you would have to find a way to directly compare then to 2008 when they were at their peak. 

Does with Killers. Neither are at their peak.

When’s the poster being made @Mattymooz? Always are class and makes it feel real. Also funny when Radio X and publications/stations use it as a leak.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The sort of people who go to Glastonbury are the sort of people whose favourite band is The Killers.

Yep. Have to say though, when I saw them before in their prime I thought they’d be great but it sounded flat and soulless. One of the most disappointing gigs I’ve been to, cos I love the songs...happy to give them another go. 

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Its ok everyone, just go and see someone else when they're on. 

Agreed, saw them on at the john peel in 2017 and they played a really good set with all the sing along songs. but now they might've been booked for 2019 it'll take the specialness of the 2017 set away. bit annoying tbh will most likely be somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Green.flash said:

Thought it would be the Killers after 2017, and it wil unite our group to be fair. Snobbism aside I think it’s pretty decent booking. Universally popular except on here (and I have a lot of love for here). As a group we’d see them above most of those mentioned except probably Madonna and FM. 

No snobbishness here mate, I don't mind the killers, I just don't feel they are a particularly strong headliner taking into consideration the other two (if correct). How would it of went down if they were headlining last year before they played that secret set? My guess is it would be a lot worse than now. So basically they are getting this gig primarily off the back of their performance as special guests at the last Glastonbury.

If you add an act like Macca to any of the three mooted to headline it would look better but those three together look kind of weak to me.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yeah, but the KOL aren't being talked about as headliners in 2019 so the comparison isn't really relevant.

Or are you suggesting the KOL are in with a chance still? That would put the cat amongst the pigeons.😁

10 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It would only work if KOL were also headlining (or perceived to be anyway). They arent though so you gotta go back to the last time they did for a comparison on how good a headliner they make. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Forgive me if this has been linked already but came up in my feed. Also had the Somerset live but can't see it now. 

https://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/the-cure-killers-tipped-complete-2019-headliners/

Unusual comments from The Cure, has that been reported previously?

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, a while back. 

20 minutes ago, dip said:

That's not what I was thinking when I saw them last year at Werchter. And it didn't go down well at all.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yup, I remember reading about it last year. Now they're almost dead certs I'm hoping Michael continues to be in a forgiving mood and that paves the way for Queen next year! 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah, a while back. 

Cool, must've missed it at the time 

Genuine question about odds... they're listed at 

The Cure - 2/5

The Killers - 8/22

The Strokes - 100/30

Can someone tell me why it's not reduced to the lowest possible denominator or whatever that math term is, like 

The Cure - 2/5

The Killers - 4/11

The Strokes - 10/3

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Genuine question about odds... they're listed at 

The Cure - 2/5

The Killers - 8/22

The Strokes - 100/30

Can someone tell me why it's not reduced to the lowest possible denominator or whatever that math term is, like 

The Cure - 2/5

The Killers - 4/11

The Strokes - 10/3

Something to do with avoiding mixing odds up with times I think.

2 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Gammon comment 

Yeh. Reverse snobbery. Glasto’s a broad church. Don’t be a meff.