2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Does info and discussion on these threads ever make the festival respond with an announcement ? I mean now the likes of Glastonbury fest feed , NME and Somerset Live will without question be making the most of it .... or will they just stick to a pre planned date ... and let the speculation continue even if it's spot on ? 

I remember Emily saying they announced Radiohead so early because so many people knew/it had been leaked. Dunno what exactly she was referring to though.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Does info and discussion on these threads ever make the festival respond with an announcement ? I mean now the likes of Glastonbury fest feed , NME and Somerset Live will without question be making the most of it .... or will they just stick to a pre planned date ... and let the speculation continue even if it's spot on ? 

It depends as said above, Radiohead was announced 'early' if thats to be believed but some acts write contracts on when they're allowed to announce it/when the festival is allowed too (see Metallica) due to other commitments/tours needing to be sold. 

Forecastle is a nice little festival, but it's 30,000 capacity, its MUCH smaller than Bonnaroo, Coachella, or the other major US fests.

Last year at Bonnaroo The Killers attracted a pretty small crowd for their set. They've overestimated the North American festival market, essentially playing every fest at least once or twice. Kind of disappointed that I won't see a headliner at my first Glasto, but happy with Janelle, Chems, and Robyn (pleaseeeeee) being my headliners.

Can’t believe they would be able to top 2017 in the JP so will be looking elsewhere. They have enough songs for an hour 15 at top. After that they fall off cliff. But pleased that they get a chance to redeem themselves after lacklustre previous Pyramid performance.

If it is the Killers I think they might become the band Ive bumped to see the most times for me now. Ive seen them twice and probably turned down tickets or went to see someone else on at least eight occassions. 

Cant think of anyone of my head Ive bumped more times. 

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely Chems and The Streets are pretty much certain? 

I reckon it’ll be someone like Catfish and the Bottlemen for the Friday 

Chems will be Saturday's headliner. I feel The Streets could sub Stormzy rather than headline Other as it doesn't make sense for two UK rap acts to clash. 

From recent rumours Friday could be Wolf Alice/Tame Impala & Sunday The Prodigy/Orbital.

3 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

Forecastle is a nice little festival, but it's 30,000 capacity, its MUCH smaller than Bonnaroo, Coachella, or the other major US fests.

Last year at Bonnaroo The Killers attracted a pretty small crowd for their set. They've overestimated the North American festival market, essentially playing every fest at least once or twice. Kind of disappointed that I won't see a headliner at my first Glasto, but happy with Janelle, Chems, and Robyn (pleaseeeeee) being my headliners.

I normally only average maybe 1.2 headliners each year but yeah, would be a bit crap not having one on your first visit. Hopefully there'll be something else on the pyramid during the day that will draw a massive crowd that you are into.