Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

By the length of the straight.

Plus we might get an Atoms for Peace secret set if Thom Yorke pops in.

If the socks-on-cocks slap bass merchants are the answer then I don't wanna know the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If the socks-on-cocks slap bass merchants are the answer then I don't wanna know the question.

Which band is overly reliant on slap-bass, wear socks on their cocks and have a track record of sexually harassing women journalists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was told a few months ago off someone who has shitloads of contacts that it was Fleetwood Mac. I did mention it on here but the consensus was there was no chance. 

As was I, way back when I thought Macca was 100% so neglected to mention it. Now starting to think it may have been right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

As was I, way back when I thought Macca was 100% so neglected to mention it. Now starting to think it may have been right

 

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was told a few months ago off someone who has shitloads of contacts that it was Fleetwood Mac. I did mention it on here but the consensus was there was no chance. 

Was the pre or post Emily ruling them out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

 

Was the pre or post Emily ruling them out?

Off the top of my head I'd say pre but I'd have to do some digging on when I was sent the message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Which band is overly reliant on slap-bass, wear socks on their cocks and have a track record of sexually harassing women journalists?

I did not know Miles Kane had started utilising slap bass.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If the socks-on-cocks slap bass merchants are the answer then I don't wanna know the question.

Fancy some slap and tickle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Which band is overly reliant on slap-bass, wear socks on their cocks and have a track record of sexually harassing women journalists?

Level 42 and 'Thunderthumbs' Mark King - the acceptable face of slap-bass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of Stormzy’s fee I was told - by the person who told me Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes - that he was playing for “practically free”.

Additionally, I was told yesterday, by a different person from a management company, that neither of the other headliners had been properly booked yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LiamMcMillen said:

In terms of Stormzy’s fee I was told - by the person who told me Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes - that he was playing for “practically free”.

Additionally, I was told yesterday, by a different person from a management company, that neither of the other headliners had been properly booked yet...

I seem to have something in my mind about him giving a fee to charity (Grenfell maybe?) I can't remember if that was last time, this year or maybe something non Glastonbury related. This thread has turned my head to mush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it does indeed end up being Stormzy, Fleetwood Mac and The Cure... bar 2009 we've not had two 'legendary' headliners in the same year this century IIRC?

Edited by djdavejohnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

In terms of Stormzy’s fee I was told - by the person who told me Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes - that he was playing for “practically free”.

Additionally, I was told yesterday, by a different person from a management company, that neither of the other headliners had been properly booked yet...

He won't be playing for "practically free", he might be donating his fee to Grenfell or another charity but the festival will still be shelling out £250k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At a talk in Taunton this evening, Emily Eavis has said Glastonbury have NOT booked Madonna, Fleetwood Mac or Led Zep.

 

#Glastonbury #Glasto

 

GlastoThingy twitter post from October. That is literally it in terms of ‘ruling out’ FM this year. 

Ladies and gentlemen, Fleetwood Mac are your 2019 Saturday night pyramid headliners. Or I will eat my hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculation guess but if Stormzy and the Cure were doing it virtually for free. They could give all the allocated headline budget to Fleetwood. I imagine that’s what they must of done in 2013 with the stones (despite what jagger says). Arctic’s and Mumfords would deffo do it for free

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also they could well have asked them after macca pulled and they responded with a yes. Technically their tour dates make it feasible to pay as it is tied in with a much larger tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Speculation guess but if Stormzy and the Cure were doing it virtually for free. They could give all the allocated headline budget to Fleetwood. I imagine that’s what they must of done in 2013 with the stones (despite what jagger says). Arctic’s and Mumfords would deffo do it for free

 

Why would any act headline for free?

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FMs tour schedule and current status (pushing a Greatest Hits) gives me some hope that it could be them.  They've got their huge money spinning show at Wembley already, and a televised Glastonbury extravaganza would give the album sale a huge boost before moving on.  I'm not saying its likely, but I don't think it would be the worst business decision in the world for them to take a lower than normal fee and headline.  IIRC they've only recently started doing outdoor shows (I think Stevie Nicks felt it affected the sound of her voice?).  They are doing festivals.

Obviously this all ignores Emily's denials, but the idea that she would have been told not to give any clues, or that negotiations were ongoing at the time, would fit my wishful narrative.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Why would any act headline for free?

Why?

I don’t know either. But some acts have done and do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...