Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jake9502 said:

Sky bet odds going down and now someone off the cure going on glastofm tonight at 7pm. Surely they’ll ask about links to glasto and maybe announce themselves tonight? 

F9254F39-5ADB-4BFD-AB3C-4498C22910C8.png

I read that as Simon Gallup (Cure Bassist) being featured on a song on the show rather than him actually being on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

...and Tina Weymouth single-handledley winning the coolest NYC band comp for Talking Heads too.

Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll concede that implying Interpol might be the coolest New York band was a bit far, the fact that not everyone told me off for it not being Beastie Boys is worrying though.

Gone through my recently acquired White Album 50th anniversary copy in full for the first time tonight with a few grapes, still gutted macca's not gonna be there. It's just annoying coz he probably never was gonna be, makes me wish I didn't spend all my time here, was a much easier place when there was no festival coming up in some ways ahah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Who the hell is wasting their money betting on Led Zeppelin? They don’t even exist 

Tbf people on here keep suggesting bands that don't exist or aren't active so I'm not surprised there are people out there who are much less obsessed who think it could be Led Zeppelin. Hell, we even get people on here every year who predict Led Zeppelin.

- Skybet give Led Zep low odds

- NME run an article on the favourites to headline Glasto according to the bookies

- People read it and stick a tenner on Led Zep to headline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Razza_bezza said:

This was the odds last night I’m fancying foals personally 

44C82D64-4B68-4F1E-A60C-88A2E6F6D68F.png

Other than Led Zeppelin, the band I’d want most out of those is The Strokes by some distance so if those are the likely options I’ll be well happy if The Strokes are headlining.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf people on here keep suggesting bands that don't exist or aren't active so I'm not surprised there are people out there who are much less obsessed who think it could be Led Zeppelin. Hell, we even get people on here every year who predict Led Zeppelin.

- Skybet give Led Zep low odds

- NME run an article on the favourites to headline Glasto according to the bookies

- People read it and stick a tenner on Led Zep to headline

A quick look at Robert Plant’s touring schedule in June would have saved them their hard-earned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

A quick look at Robert Plant’s touring schedule in June would have saved them their hard-earned. 

People who bet on Led Zeppelin to headline Glastonbury probably don't even know Robert Plant has a solo project, never mind having the forethought to check his tour dates :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

CG is heavily rumoured to sub.

No he's not.

screenshot-www-efestivals-co-uk-2019-01-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kalifire said:

No he's not.

screenshot-www-efestivals-co-uk-2019-01-

I wish people would stop going with that, the Eavis wanting him to play doesn't make him heavily rumoured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I wish people would stop going with that, the Eavis wanting him to play doesn't make him heavily rumoured.

it does give that particular rumour something extra over most of the others listed as just a 'rumour', tho. We know it will happen if the festival can make it happen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it does give that particular rumour something extra over most of the others listed as just a 'rumour', tho. We know it will happen if the festival can make it happen.

 

 

Aye, in terms of a source for a rumour you can't get better 🙂

As for Plant, how many decades does he have to spend saying it's not happening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, henry bear said:

A quick look at Robert Plant’s touring schedule in June would have saved them their hard-earned. 

Ha ha.

 

Or they could not check Robert Plant's dates and still not put a bet on Zeppelin as it's not happening irrespective of Plant's schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pyramid
Friday - Stormzy
Saturday - 
Sunday - The Cure

Other 
Friday - 
Saturday -
Sunday -

(No idea on days but looks like The Chemical Brothers and The Streets are 2 of the headers)

West Holts
Friday -
Saturday - Wu Tang Clan
Sunday - Janelle Monae

That is pretty much where we’re at so far isn’t it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it does give that particular rumour something extra over most of the others listed as just a 'rumour', tho. We know it will happen if the festival can make it happen.

 

 

Yes we do but that's just a rumour, I wouldn't say it's anything more as it's clear there are financial reason why he won't as it's not as if he would get headline. I would guess Wireless if they have him may want an exclusive too.

Also the last part of info saying Liam Friday and Noel Saturday which has been reached to on here hints towards that it's not happening.

Edited by thewayiam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes we do but that's just a rumour, I wouldn't say it's anything more as it's clear there are financial reason why he won't as it's not as if he would get headline. I would guess Wireless if they have him may want an exclusive too.

Also the last part of info saying Liam Friday and Noel Saturday which has been reached to on here hints towards that it's not happening.

On the back of Noel playing in Exeter on 30th June can we assume that he'll play glasto on Friday or Saturday? I'd be really surprised if he didn't play, seeing as Exeter is (relatively) close to glasto..

And what's the general consensus on stage slot for him? Personally I'd be thinking Other stage headliner or pyramid sub?

Sorry if i'm late to the party - haven't caught up with everything in a while 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

On the back of Noel playing in Exeter on 30th June can we assume that he'll play glasto on Friday or Saturday? I'd be really surprised if he didn't play, seeing as Exeter is (relatively) close to glasto..

And what's the general consensus on stage slot for him? Personally I'd be thinking Other stage headliner or pyramid sub?

Sorry if i'm late to the party - haven't caught up with everything in a while 

Neil has him on here as unknown stage Saturday and must feel the info so is enough for that, been said that Liam was Friday and they were being kept apart. I'd say either Other headliner or Pyramid sub yes, given that he's playing on Sunday in Exeter it's not like he's got a load of time to explorer and drink it up anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnsoprano said:

As I have said before, it's not happening...have seen Noel's schedule and Glasto isn't part of it.

I hope you’re right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspense is killing me. Just want to know who else is headlining 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnsoprano said:

As I have said before, it's not happening...have seen Noel's schedule and Glasto isn't part of it.

An absolute shocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnsoprano said:

As I have said before, it's not happening...have seen Noel's schedule and Glasto isn't part of it.

Ties in with Liam headlining 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After kind of seeing the killers from next to the hedge at the back of the JP field outside the tent I would love to see them as a pyramid headliner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...