2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

for Emily, just once that might be said that I know of.

And Emily assures me that when she ruled out Stevie Wonder he wasn't in the frame to play.

However ... the wife was saying to me the other day that Emily didn't actually rule Madge out, but instead used more vague words. I haven't checked that tho.

.... used more vogue words. I haven't checked that tho.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And Emily assures me that when she ruled out Stevie Wonder he wasn't in the frame to play.

However ... the wife was saying to me the other day that Emily didn't actually rule Madge out, but instead used more vague words. I haven't checked that tho.

I definitely did not read that as "Vogue words" and definitely did not take that as an incredibly subtle clue to get excited about

11 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Radiohead are the anti-blokey band if anything, surely? 

Unless of course this was about the band literally containing males but the gender representation thing has been done to death.

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting Radiohead are blokey in any way, in comparison to the original post of Stormzy - Strokes - Cure I suppose Radiohead and The Cure can cancel each other out in the anti-blokey band category.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But fool me thrice?

Haha - twice at festivals where I've tagged along with friends who are massive fans, and then another time they supported the Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park, have never knowingly purchased tickets to see them.

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Haha - twice at festivals where I've tagged along with friends who are massive fans, and then another time they supported the Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park, have never knowingly purchased tickets to see them.

I agree - it was quite good to have on in the background at Bestival is the best I can offer

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But fool me thrice?

(Re: Tame Impala)

It took a while for them to click with me. With AM at Fins park was weak. Since then they've developed serious meat live. Last couple of times the light show has been spectacular, and is a real key part of their set (See: Mad cool).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from the same source that macca came from. :P

(a big mover who'd definitely know these type of things)

Surely that puts the kibosh on things? I mean taking a paycut to play the festival is one thing, and I know a lot of artists do as a one off, but this would be a cut of 80-90%. Would she agree to that?

1 minute ago, Hawros said:

(Re: Tame Impala)

It took a while for them to click with me. With AM at Fins park was weak. Since then they've developed serious meat live. Last couple of times the light show has been spectacular, and is a real key part of their set (See: Mad cool).

I've never really paid much attention to them to be honest, never seen them live, never knowingly listened to any of their stuff.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll keep clutching at straws. I'd never pay to see her but I'd definitely turn up to see her at Glastonbury and I would imagine that Madonna would drive a hard bargain but she is a savvy businesswoman and if they pointed out the uptake in music and ticket sales following a Glastonbury performance she might be convinced. 

Emily may not have been lying at the time as negotiations could have stalled. Also. would back up whoever was saying that the person they had approached didn't usually do festivals. 

Edited by gigpusher

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

If you listen to Radio X (I can't get 6 in the car), they've never been away!

Probably one of the most listened to stations among Glasto fans. And 6 Music probably have a Strokes hit on now and then.

But as you know, it’s not about what people who go to Glasto know, it’s about impressing those coworkers who don’t care about Glastonbury or music or anything really.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I get your point but it wouldn't rule it out....the band would be well rehearsed, all the rig would be ready to go....

They’ll have all gone back to their normal jobs I reckon. Waters doesn’t really muck about with odd shows outside of tours does he? And he doesn’t seem to be doing anything so it’s a big deal to start up the machine for just a Glasto show.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

she ruled her out in her talk in Taunton along with Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin in October time but Did say she would like to book her.... is it not possible that at the point they thought they were sorted and things have happened since,  maybe involving Madonna ? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

she ruled her out in her talk in Taunton along with Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin in October time but Did say she would like to book her.... is it not possible that at the point they thought they were sorted and things have happened since,  maybe involving Madonna ? 

Very slim chance, I doubt she would be booked as second choice to Macca. You book Madonna or you don’t...