rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Remember Macca is playing the US on the Weds before, then again a couple weeks later. It’s not good news for anyone on that lineup, but it’s definitely doable.

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Imagine missing Hot Chip in 2015 for anyone other than Super Furry Animals! 

I missed most of it and I was there. From what I "remember" anyway.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I don’t like Vampire Weekend being on there then if there’s not much cross over.

They're in Europe for July at least, so Glastonbury could be the start of their European festival circuit. I'd be quite surprised if they don't show up on the Farm.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Superscally said:

Wow. If that was the festival I went to every year I'd shoot myself in the nuts after Courtney Barnett. Yes, I know I could just leave, but that's not a statement.

The lineups in the USA are really going downhill, plus a lot of festivals have been cancelled, "fallowed" or cancelled their second  weekend (sasquatch, okeechobee, electric forest, respectively). I think the festival bubble has popped and the scene is making a shift to try to accommodate, but unfortunately they're just creating shit lineups. 

The (festival) market in the USA is oversaturated and I think were going to see more discontinuations of smaller younger festivals.. I'd be shocked if Firefly was around next year after a lineup like that. 

Edited by MetaKate
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

The (festival) market in the USA is oversaturated and I think were going to see more discontinuations of smaller younger festivals.. I'd be shocked if Firefly was around next year after a lineup like that. 

Agreed. I think a lot of the newer festivals over here were backed with business plans that promised they'd be making money within 3 years. When that doesn't happen, the plug gets pulled.

Wayhome (near Toronto) is a good example.  Pretty solid line ups in 2015 (Kendrick, Neil Young) and 2016 (Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Killers).  In 2017 they cut one of the four stages, and had someone called Flume headlining.  It did not return.

The North American festivals are just all kind of the same. Last year, there seemed to be a pool of a few dozen bands that were interchangeable between every festival.  

32 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Agreed. I think a lot of the newer festivals over here were backed with business plans that promised they'd be making money within 3 years. When that doesn't happen, the plug gets pulled.

Wayhome (near Toronto) is a good example.  Pretty solid line ups in 2015 (Kendrick, Neil Young) and 2016 (Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Killers).  In 2017 they cut one of the four stages, and had someone called Flume headlining.  It did not return.

The North American festivals are just all kind of the same. Last year, there seemed to be a pool of a few dozen bands that were interchangeable between every festival.  

I'm Canadian,  and with it being a fallow year last year my plan was to go to a north American fest.  Every lineup was so bad. I ended up doing a new one in BC (skookum) but it was so poorly planned I'll never go back. 

• Like 1

Is there a chance The Cure won't headline the Pyramid? Two "Oldies But Goodies" acts seem excessive. Would like someone on top of their game, like Arctic Monkeys, to join Macca and Stormzy.

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Would love Macca to headline. Any chance?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Anarion said:

Is there a chance The Cure won't headline the Pyramid?

No.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Just seen that McCartney's added another US gig, the gap's getting smaller but still definitely possible.

Means he can still do BST the weekend after Glasto too.

Unless he adds a US date between the 26th June and 6/7th July, any extra tour dates make no difference to the equation. If anything they may even strengthen the chance of him headlining. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

If anything they may even strengthen the chance of him headlining. 

he's either headlining or he isn't. :P

Any new dates don't strengthen the chances or not. All they'll do is rule him out, or not rule him out. 

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he's either headlining or he isn't. :P

Any new dates don't strengthen the chances or not. All they'll do is rule him out, or not rule him out. 

Very true Neil. It was a shit comment looking back on it - my apologies 😄

9 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

someone called Flume

Cant tell if this is a joke or not, but Flume is great and not a world away size-wise from Kendrick in 2015...

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Cant tell if this is a joke or not, but Flume is great and not a world away size-wise from Kendrick in 2015...

Hang on while I check with my mum.

• Upvote 4

I feel the need to at least slightly defend the honor of US festivals and say that Hangout and Firefly always get announced well before the big ones and are always some of the worst lineups out there. They are both especially bad this year, though

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Well....yes, only half joking.  I know who Flume is.  Though, it came a year after the same festival had AF/LCD/Killers as headliners.  People were expecting something more along those lines.

33 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Well....yes, only half joking.  I know who Flume is.  Though, it came a year after the same festival had AF/LCD/Killers as headliners.  People were expecting something more along those lines.

Yeah just had a look and Imagine Dragons and Frank Ocean as the other 2 aint great.In saying that the undercard looks a lot more to my tastes that year lmfao (Solange, Porter Robinson, Justice, Illenium, Phantogram, Mura Masa, Royal Blood, THEY., Louis The Child, Death From Above, Honne, Mitski etc.)