rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

I actually said.... 

Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian is significantly stronger than Stormzy, Macca, The Cure.

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, it's "are". 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, it's "are". 

or if you want to be opinionated about it it's aren't

• Upvote 2

If Macca's pulled out, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply bump up an existing booking.

So Liam Gallagher it is (maybe!)

43 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

2014 headliners were/are big draws. All very well established. In my eyes, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian is significantly stronger than Stormzy, Macca, The Cure

So your problem is really with Stormzy, as if we're going by how well "established" a band is, I'm really not sure you can argue that about The Cure or Macca.

If we're going for general boredom inducement, then surely the inclusion of Kasabian in the 2014 trio really brings down their average.....

Just now, Honeybane said:

I might make a twitter account and bullshit about the cure pulling out and see who people on here pick out the hat to replace them 

Paul McCartney is free I believe.

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

I might make a twitter account and bullshit about the cure pulling out and see who people on here pick out the hat to replace them 

noel gallagher bump up

10 minutes ago, doogie said:

If Macca's pulled out, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply bump up an existing booking.

So Liam Gallagher it is (maybe!)

I think they'd only bump someone up if an act pulled out much closer to the event. If Macca has pulled out, they have 7 months to find a replacement. They still have a lot of time so they won't be scrambling trying to find a solution.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else feel like we're looking at full British line-up headliners? 

The way Stormzy was announced makes me think that they might be planning on announcing the other two in a similar fashion, in Oxfam shops near where the artist/band grew up.

(Or do they have Oxfam in America? Never been.) If there are Oxfam locations in U.S. Gaga is a possibility, if not, then I think it will be British musicians this year.

It's easy to see why people wouldn't see Gaga as a headliner, especially after being teased with Macca. Maybe I've been living under a rock for the last few years but prior to this film, I literally heard nothing of her since her early success. I quite liked her when the first couple of records come out, very different and catchy. But since then I don't remember hearing much.. if anything of her. Maybe that's just me it seems like the booking would be hugely influenced by the film.

If we hadn't been teased with Macca then maybe it would be different, you're going from arguably the greatest songwriter this country has ever produced to someone who I think it's fair to say (forgetting about the film), isn't as big as the last time she played. Stormzy is a great booking and The Cure.. are The Cure but it does need a big headliner to complement them, granted that may be difficult now if Macca has pulled out

Having said all that.. this may all be in vain and Macca may still do it.. and the Gaga rumours are based on nothing currently

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

and The Cure.. are The Cure but it does need a big headliner to complement them, granted that may be difficult now if Macca has pulled out

For me, The Cure do actually seem like the weakest of the three. They seem to be everywhere at the moment, so it's not like you're getting something rare and nostalgic, and although I recognise some of their tunes, it feels a lot like background music to me. Having said that, a few of my mates said they would go along, so what do I know....

Just now, Sasperella said:

For me, The Cure do actually seem like the weakest of the three. They seem to be everywhere at the moment, so it's not like you're getting something rare and nostalgic, and although I recognise some of their tunes, it feels a lot like background music to me. Having said that, a few of my mates said they would go along, so what do I know....

Yeah, they're a great band. I'll certainly be there watching them bar a ridiculous clash. I think it's because they've been around the block that much it doesn't feel like an inspired booking

I think it's fair to say (and doesn't do any of the acts in question a particular disservice) that a trio of Stormzy/The Cure/Gaga would be the weakest set of headliners since 2014. The festival has booked BIG since then. If you put Macca back in place of Gaga then you're back in big booking territory again. 

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Have your mates seen The Cure before? They are one of the few bands that I saw once and that's all I needed. 

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Have your mates seen The Cure before? They are one of the few bands that I saw once and that's all I needed. 

They have not... I do partly wonder if it's not just because they've heard of them and (for two in particular) they're newbies and are just excited about seeing everything! But then they've been round a long time so they can't be that bad (can they?).... it's more just the fact that I don't think it's that exciting rather than I think they're shit. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Does anyone else feel like we're looking at full British line-up headliners? 

The way Stormzy was announced makes me think that they might be planning on announcing the other two in a similar fashion, in Oxfam shops near where the artist/band grew up.

(Or do they have Oxfam in America? Never been.) If there are Oxfam locations in U.S. Gaga is a possibility, if not, then I think it will be British musicians this year.

good luck with someone spotting that one .... im doubting many Americans have heard of Glastonbury let alone getting someone to find a poster and get a photo of it on social media ... it was a relatively slow in this country getting the news to break .... what's the % of americans with passports ?  :) 

6 minutes ago, mrhandsome said:

A solo artist, We wont guess, They'll be surprised to have been asked.... I give you Michael Buble 

Bruno Mars - Called it 😋

3 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Sky Bet clearly think Mac is out. His odds down and all possible replacements gone to 2/1 ish

It’s working...

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gaga is a perfectly decent third headliner.

Rap // Pop // (Very) White blokes with guitars

What’s not to like?

You're right about how white they are.  I don't think Robert Smith has a funky bone in his body.

1 hour ago, Honeybane said:

You could really mess with people's heads if you had the login details for the SecretGlasto account.  

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're right about how white they are.  I don't think Robert Smith has a funky bone in his body.

Robert Smith getting funky would be as awkward as watching me and @Woffy getting in a muddle over whether we're handshaking or fist bumping, and then one of us getting completely the wrong vibe and trying for a hug.