rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The post at the start of the Stormzy thread just says that because Stormzy is correct it suggests the other rumoured ones are correct too.

And if the replacement for Macca is a bloke then Emily's comments still stand.

If we're believing twitter though, his replacement isn't confirmed.. there's just been an approach

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

She was initially just speaking to someone she knew.  Wasn’t like she was publicising it

Yeah fair point. You'll have to forgive me attempting to become Sherlock Holmes, you may or may not have gathered that I'm pretty desperate to see Paul McCartney headline Glastonbury 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Yeah fair point. You'll have to forgive me attempting to become Sherlock Holmes, you may or may not have gathered that I'm pretty desperate to see Paul McCartney headline Glastonbury 

I’m with you, very very desperate to see him myself 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

She hasn’t been publicising it! It was off the back of me and someone else asking her questions.  She isn’t gaining anything out of it in the slightest. 

No one really gains out of it but there was something said originally for her to be questioned.

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Paul Weller? At this point I am thinking of possibilities.

Last time he played in 2015 he was a (IMHO) weak sub. Before that he was third down in 2007. I'm not aware he's done anything to deserve being bumped up to the top slot.

6 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Is Bob Dylan a possible?

Unlikely I'd say but you could argue he fits in with the vague hints given on Twitter. My thought with Dlyan is if they wanted him, and he wanted to do it, it would have happened already though.

Madonna? She's been rumoured the past few years.

Would get my vote, Like A Prayer is the GOAT pop song.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Solo artist imo 

I thought Mumford was.

Mr Mumford and his backing band "Sons"?

No?

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No one really gains out of it but there was something said originally for her to be questioned.

Yeah... her friend was disappointed with a Stormzy so they started discussing it 

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Madonna? She's been rumoured the past few years.

Would get my vote, Like A Prayer is the GOAT pop song.

My thought there is if they could get her, it would be done and signed already. You would think Madonna would be one of the first feelers they put out.

1 minute ago, youngatheart2 said:

Robbie williams ends his american stint in march

wonder how Robbie subbed by Liam would go...

NEVER!

Go to your room immediately. And leave your phone downstairs.

Bob Dylan and Childish Gambino both seem to fit the description (solo, have a gender, unexpected, prob say no) although she reckoned a Macca fan wouldn't like them, so maybe not Dylan

But then we've got two rappers headlining - modern times eh?

Edited by billum

Seems a bit early to be panicking into a shock replacement though doesn’t it? I mean Prince pulled out in April and they got The Who. 

If it was Macca pencilled in and he’s pulled the plug, he was surely the ‘safe’ bet out of the headliners. Surely they would be aiming at a safe one to replace him?

Edited by strummer77

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah... her friend was disappointed with a Stormzy so they started discussing it 

We’d all be disappointed with a stormzy ⛈

Just now, strummer77 said:

Seems a bit early to be panicking into a shock replacement though doesn’t it? I mean Prince pulled out in April and they got The Who. 

Yes but that just kinda proves it - that did seem a very panicky rebooking with havning to cancel a gig and fans revolting etc.

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Yes but that just kinda proves it - that did seem a very panicky rebooking with havning to cancel a gig and fans revolting etc.

But there’s lots of years headliners are apparently not even booked until the new year? So this should be fairly par for the course. 

Also, without trying to sound too grim, if you line up a headliner a year or so in advance who is in his 70s I reckon you tend to have some sort of backup plan. This is some time ahead of having to announce anything so the idea they were scrambling from the other source or going for weird ones from her seems strange. 

Edited by strummer77