2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Nowt wrong with that. The Cure has the same fanbase, onlt the Cures fans wear eyeliner, grow the back and sides of their hair out to make it look more ridiculous and look depressed when watching their favourite band. Ill still have beers and a sing along with them though. 

Very fair, can't argue with that one.

Glad you're happy with The Cure being there, anyways, gonna be a good time.

I understand that the “who” factor should never be a reason why an act should not be booked for glastonbury because even if they booked Rihanna theyd probably have some gammon on Facebook like “who?”

but for real if they booked Eagles it would be a resounding “who”. 

The only people who would say “who” at the cure are people who still don’t know who arcade fire are. (Ie, not worth your time)

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Very fair, can't argue with that one.

Glad you're happy with The Cure being there, anyways, gonna be a good time.

Ill wait till its announced before I start getting properly up for it. Ive spent the last month listening to Wings for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I understand that the “who” factor should never be a reason why an act should not be booked for glastonbury because even if they booked Rihanna theyd probably have some gammon on Facebook like “who?”

but for real if they booked Eagles it would be a resounding “who”. 

The only people who would say “who” at the cure are people who still don’t know who arcade fire are. (Ie, not worth your time)

TBF Arcade Fire have headlined Glastonbury and people are still non the wiser to who they are. 

1 minute ago, chatty said:

TBF Arcade Fire have headlined Glastonbury and people are still non the wiser to who they are. 

It’s something I find absolutely hilarious. What more does the band have to do to be well known? They have had fantastic commercial success and yet I encounter people daily who know nothing about them.

its some kind of indie magic I tell you 

29 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Is that why you want it to be The Eagles? So you haven't wasted time listening to Wings?

Nah, I dont expect The Eagles to play at all nor will be bothered if they dont. Even if I dont like the headliners Ill find something to watch so Im not all that worried. 

Maibly just joking around, I havent listened to Wings all month but have been blasting a mixture of them, McCartney and The Beatles though. 

8 minutes ago, chatty said:

Nah, I dont expect The Eagles to play at all nor will be bothered if they dont. Even if I dont like the headliners Ill find something to watch so Im not all that worried. 

Maibly just joking around, I havent listened to Wings all month but have been blasting a mixture of them, McCartney and The Beatles though. 

I was just trying to make a joke about eagles having wings tbf.

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Bit rich coming from him ? 

The GOAT tbh.

This fucking thread. 

After reading the last 20 pages of wild speculation... 

I also think it might be Madonna. EE did a redirect because everyone thought it was her already. I think the Macca rumors were another misdirect and he was never doing it.

The deception runs deep. Oh Emily, why do you play these games.

7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

That didn't happen at Leeds 2012 where the average age is generally lower than Glasto, it's almost certainly not gonna happen at Glastonbury.

I don't recall the Cure crowd being big to start with though at Reading, not as small as Arcade Fire a couple of years before but I recall having plenty of space in the middle not miles back so I think most people there were Cure fans, I suspect they would have a much bigger crowd at Glasto anyway due to the different audience and it being the Pyramid so it probably would increase the chance of people leaving.. dodgy logic probably!

Haven't read last few pages, but understand Macca is out. Did Emily actually rule Madonna out or just say she would be amazing? Apparently she's up for doing a turn on eurovision this year, new album about to drop, I can see it happening. I know people have said about her fee, but just because that's her usual doesn't mean she's not flexible for right coverage..which she would get tv wise.

Well this thread changed overnight !

We've gone from the coolest NYC bands back to name calling and ridiculous statements about The Cure being bigger than The Eagles !

The Eagles = Boomers era. 

The Cure = Middle aged people ( or gammon to some ) era.

The two shouldn't really be confused, except that to some they are all old and tories and fat and male and shouldn't be at Glasto as it's only for young hip people who know The Cure retrospectively.

And while we're on the subject of The Cure, isn't it about time they grew out of their EMO phase ?