rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ah I see. I think Sam Smith probably fell short of jumping to headliner and subbing is a good shout now. Paramore isn’t, IMO; there’s a reason they only play R+L.

Still can’t believe that.

this brings back great memories of people on here seriously claiming that Bring Me The Horizon were Other Stage headliner level in 2016.

e: just saw Bisque's post :lol:

Edited by ghostdancer1

If they'd headlined I wouldn't have caught 5 or 10 minutes of them while walking by the Other Stage while I sought out a very different horizon.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they'd headlined I wouldn't have caught 5 or 10 minutes of them while walking by the Other Stage while I sought out a very different horizon.

Lost Horizon?

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

this brings back great memories of people on here seriously claiming that Bring Me The Horizon were Other Stage headliner level in 2016.

e: just saw Bisque's post :lol:

I loved their set in 2016 but agree they are not headliners for either stage. Their placing was just right in my opinion. 

Not been following this thread - do we know who the three of them are yet?

I do think it'll finally be the year fer Fleetwood Mac next time. Mick Fleetwood was hooting about it in autumn, and this big farewell tour was supposed to start in June this year but looks to be postponed a wee bit so there's little chance of them shutting up shop before June 2019. Couldn't give much of a toss personally but I think that'll be the saga for next year.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I do think it'll finally be the year fer Fleetwood Mac next time. Mick Fleetwood was hooting about it in autumn, and this big farewell tour was supposed to start in June this year but looks to be postponed a wee bit so there's little chance of them shutting up shop before June 2019. Couldn't give much of a toss personally but I think that'll be the saga for next year.

Rather have Songs For the Deaf.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

wallgammon.jpg

"It's not proper Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green"

Radiohead albums as portrayed by gammon.

44 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Rather have Songs For the Deaf.

Shut up ya little brat.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

wallgammon.jpg

"It's not proper Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green"

OY! It isn't!

I'm still holding out for a Rihannaisance to hit the mainstream. If you want a back catalogue full of enormous bangers and on-stage swagger befitting of the Pyramid, then there's two artists with the given name Robyn who'll deliver that in spades, but only one of them has the commercial heft to be considered.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm still holding out for a Rihannaisance to hit the mainstream. If you want a back catalogue full of enormous bangers and on-stage swagger befitting of the Pyramid, then there's two artists with the given name Robyn who'll deliver that in spades, but only one of them has the commercial heft to be considered.

She has a pretty awful live rep hasn’t she?

Allegedly, but I'm definitely of the view that with the right setlist she could walk it.  Even if Anti was a wobble, it's mostly pretty good.  Work is a gotdamn bop.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Allegedly, but I'm definitely of the view that with the right setlist she could walk it.  Even if Anti was a wobble, it's mostly pretty good.  Work is a gotdamn bop.

Yeah I wouldn’t begrudge her the opportunity. Don’t think it’ll happen now, mind.

I'd reckon that a lot of the more veteran folk posting on here would still see her as a Johnny Come Lately, but if you're in your early 20s she's been around most of your life releasing bangers.  Practically a heritage act.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anti her best album!

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anti her best album!

Agreed. In years to come people will re-discover Kiss It Better for the unrealised absolute banger it is.

RIhanna is one of the greatest. People moan that the live show isn't that hot but its banger after banger.