2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Adrian Mole and the lads are at the G more or less every year. It'd be like missing the Stones to go and see Lekkido Lord of the Lobsters.

Upvoted for Adrian Mole, but it's not like that because the Rolling Stones have multiple good songs.

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Upvoted for Adrian Mole, but it's not like that because the Rolling Stones have multiple good songs.

It's early so maybe I'm reading this wrong, but surely you're not suggesting that the man who bestowed Penny Lane and The Long and Winding Road on the world has no jams?

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even if other stages are quiet come showtime they'll fill up after the Macca boxtickers move on.  The Stones' crowd thinned out a bit when they laid Can't You Hear Me Knocking and the goddamn Midnight Rambler on people.

I have no idea where in the crowd you were, but there was no thinning up the hill where I was, nor nearer the front where my friend was closely packing in.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I have no idea where in the crowd you were, but there was no thinning up the hill where I was, nor nearer the front where my friend was closely packing in.

Not where I was either. I know because I was desperate for a wee for most of the set, but it never seemed possible to get out and back to my mates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even if other stages are quiet come showtime they'll fill up after the Macca boxtickers move on.  The Stones' crowd thinned out a bit when they laid Can't You Hear Me Knocking and the goddamn Midnight Rambler on people.

Midnight Rambler is a godsend at Stones gigs, give you time to go to the loo, get a drink, some food, maybe even visit the merch stall if that takes your fancy...

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Midnight Rambler is a godsend at Stones gigs, give you time to go to the loo, get a drink, some food, maybe even visit the merch stall if that takes your fancy...

The single greatest song at the greatest gig I've ever been to and you're off to weigh up a £50 t-shirt?

Never been a big fan of The Beatles, so I think I have to go for Hot Chip. Missing their set in 2015 is one of my big Glastonbury regrets. Was supposed to see Florence and Hot Chip, but then Dave Grohl had to go and break his leg and my friend was intent on seeing Florence.

If I go to Paul McCartney I would just be waiting for Hey Jude and Let it be and not really caring for all the other songs.

McCartney's the closest I get to a box-ticker.  I'd never normally do it, but it'll almost certainly be the last chance to do so.  So I'll defer my decision until closer to the time, when I'll probably be in some bar miles away and choose another pint instead.

I saw Hot Chip in 15 and it was damn near perfect, so that itch is scratched really.

Listen, I like Hot Chip, they're great live and undoubtedly have a solid back catalogue of bangers, but c'mon. We're talking about Macca here. Taking one of his shows from the last month this is just an example of *some* the sort of stuff we're likely to get;

A Hard Day's Night

Can't Buy Me Love

Got To Get You Into My Life

I've Got A Feeling

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

Maybe I'm Amazed

I've Just Seen A Face

Blackbird

Lady Madonna

Eleanor Rigby

Something

Band On The Run

Back In The USSR

Let It Be

Live And Let Die

Hey Jude

Birthday

Sgt Peppers

Helter Skelter

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, jparx said:

The clash is made painful by not only being Hot Chip, but on West Holts too. Perfect band/stage combo. It's like attacking a level 100 Dragonite with a level 70 Pikachu. Pikachu would be super effective, but Dragonite is just too damn strong for it to matter.

No way I'm having this on a net negative vote. Not this day, no sir.