2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Spice girls. 

They seem to have gone from flatly denying it to being really weird about it in interviews in the space of a week.

Nah this just isn't happening. They're just too much of a novelty act to be a headliner, and the festival would receive a hilarious amount of backlash, especially following the Stormzy announcement.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Arctic Monkeys.

The info has come thru a route that definitely has connections, but whether or not the info is correct i can't say.

Urgh I had a bad feeling it was them. That would be incredibly underwhelming.

Just now, eFestivals said:

after catching up on this thread, I just went and told the wife the developments, and she immediately said ...

Florence + the machine.

Be scared, be very scared. :P 

Playing Werchter that night.

Edit: Although one of the people saying he's pulled out said he's Sunday, in which case she isn't playing Werchter that night.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Suppose it was always going to be someone like The Arctic Monkeys if they needed to replace (I know it’s not really replacing) Macca.  

I know Glastonbury sells out but it also has that reputation of being the best festival in the world.  Throwing someone like Mumfords, Florence, Pink or whoever else to replace him would make this year seem a very week trio.

Arctic Monkeys, Bruce Springsteen... ermm I’m struggling after that who make it fairly like for like in terms of size.  So so gutted if it’s true though

Those replacements wouldn't line up with the info from the Twitter lady saying it's not a band. 

Now, I wouldn't call Spice Girls a band (very unlikely though), but AM haven't passed as Alex Turner's solo project thus far. Lady Gaga would make more sense. Bumping up Liam Gallagher would be a more last-minute solution. 

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Those replacements wouldn't line up with the info from the Twitter lady saying it's not a band. 

Now, I wouldn't call Spice Girls a band (very unlikely though), but AM haven't passed as Alex Turner's solo project thus far. Lady Gaga would make more sense. Bumping up Liam Gallagher would be a more last-minute solution. 

Oh yeah good shout, she specifically said it wasn’t AM didn’t she. Glad someone is on the ball this morning. Basically loads of rumours, none of which agree with each other. 

Some life in the old thread yet.

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

while AMs might not fit with twitter lady, that might be because they were asked but turned it down.

What twitter lady has tweeted has definitely made me reconsider that AMs info - as I'd initially dismissed it as 'can't be right'.

Edited by eFestivals

What if that passing comment about an American act pulling out was Gaga?

I've always had the idea that was planned for 2017, filming meant it couldn't happen so she was pencilled in for 2019. Maybe the Eavii went to her people earlier this year and she decided not to take up the option so the Eavii moved on. 

Would be a shame that it might be AM though a solid headliner nonetheless. I'd be back to my normal Glastonbury stance of skipping all headliners.

AM are 5/2 on Sky Bet. Probably the best odds they'll be. Might have a tenner on that.

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

What if that passing comment about an American act pulling out was Gaga?

I've always had the idea that was planned for 2017, filming meant it couldn't happen so she was pencilled in for 2019. Maybe the Eavii went to her people earlier this year and she decided not to take up the option so the Eavii moved on. 

Would be a shame that it might be AM though a solid headliner nonetheless. I'd be back to my normal Glastonbury stance of skipping all headliners.

AM are 5/2 on Sky Bet. Probably the best odds they'll be. Might have a tenner on that.

The girl who we've (potentially) learned Macca has pulled out from has outright said it isn't AM, though. Neil just heard they'd been approached, and if they were it sounds like they've said no.

Possibility of no Macca now? This has made this Sunday morning hangover ten times worse! I had high hopes to see him. 

Stormzy

AM

The Cure 

They can't be the trio. If it's not Macca it has to be someone like Gaga. Where are those straws for me to clutch at.... and my painkillers.