2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I have a feeling Arctic Monkeys might be 2020 headliners and headline in reading in 2019...

Depends when the album's ready to drop. Looks unlikely that we'll get anything before the year's out now (nobody releases anything in December or January) but early 2018 could easily see them touring the album in time for Reading/Leeds next year and GF in 19.

13 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Drake ain't doing glasto. 

Why think you, Mash-o? Reading fest would likely go for him first, and Leeds festival after that (or perhaps the other way around), but after he's successfully headlined those two, he'd be an obvious option for the Glastonbury if they want to have new headliners.

Or they might just get Coldplay and Muse again.

I might have included him in a previous prediction of mine, but as is I don't see Drake doing it. Currently in the 'so big he wouldn't benefit from doing it' bracket and when/if he ever fell off then I doubt Glastonbury would want him, and anyway, with Kendrick currently making waves I can only see him as the next hip-hop headliner and Drake being ignored completely. It's not like they're having hip-hop headliners frequently or anything.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I might have included him in a previous prediction of mine, but as is I don't see Drake doing it. Currently in the 'so big he wouldn't benefit from doing it' bracket and when/if he ever fell off then I doubt Glastonbury would want him, and anyway, with Kendrick currently making waves I can only see him as the next hip-hop headliner and Drake being ignored completely. It's not like they're having hip-hop headliners frequently or anything.

Muse will be the next hip-hop headliner

• 1 month later...

Red hot chilli peppers and green day are the only huge rock bands who haven't headlined yet so I feel they'd book one of them in for 2019 and keep arctic monkeys back for the 50th anniversary because tbh they're probably the biggest British band right now - and that's after having done nothing for 4 years- imagine the scenes when they come back. They'd be ideal for 2020 alongside 2 legendary (older) headliners

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Red hot chilli peppers and green day are the only huge rock bands who haven't headlined yet so I feel they'd book one of them in for 2019 and keep arctic monkeys back for the 50th anniversary because tbh they're probably the biggest British band right now - and that's after having done nothing for 4 years- imagine the scenes when they come back. They'd be ideal for 2020 alongside 2 legendary (older) headliners

Oddly enough, I changed Arctic Monkeys to Red Hot Chili Peppers In my rolling iPhone notes Glasto prediction (c'mon I'm sure everyone has these) just today. Dunno what it is but RHCP just seem more viable since headlining Reading last year and it follows on well from Muse and Foos.

Whenever Arctic Monkeys return, I just hope they schedule Portishead opposite them again for all of us who chose poorly last time.

On 27/11/2017 at 4:18 PM, dentalplan said:

Do you reckon Run-DMC are beyond WH budget? Headlining Nass next year is a bit of a step down from IOW this year, might put them within reach.

I don't think they would be. DMC does loads of little events through his writing, I've spoken to him a couple of times (about comics!) but I don't think they'd be in it just for the money. 

Interesting fact - do you know how DMC kept his shoes on with no laces? He used to buy them half a size/size to small to keep them tight. 

Idk about RHCP, I was kinda under the assumption that they missed the boat with them, shoulda booked them 10-15 years ago when they were arguably in their prime. Their live shows nowadays seem to have mixed reviews at best.

Guess it's not out the question, but feel like 2019 would be too soon for them anyway to come back. They tend to have 4-5 year gaps between albums which would mean it'll probably be 2020/2021 till they're touring properly again. Guess they could do some random odd shows though a la Isle of Wight 2014.