2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick, The Cure, Macca would work well to please regular and average joe

not sure how well Kendrick’s set will go down with the Glasto crowd but it would be good to see.

the 1975 playing a longer set beneath him would work out well I guess. But has that ever happened at Glastonbury?

I know he tends to play short sets but why doesn’t Kendrick go for an 1:45 set time? He has the material for it?

kendrick could give one of the most important, social conscious shfiting , mindbogglingly all time great performance and most of the glasto will be like..

all he said was bitch and the n word.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

kendrick could give one of the most important, social conscious shfiting , mindbogglingly all time great performance and most of the glasto will be like..

all he said was bitch and the n word.

depends if he brings a young white girl up to sing Maad city with him or not. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

No because they didn't announced a date and  change it after a few months like they did in 2015. Their usual date is the first weekend of the summer holiday and now it's one week earlier so it's supposedly harder to shift tickets. 

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Yeah, was thinking about that, but that's why I said 'both headliners', would be lot of work otherwise. :P As we're in the Glastonbury headline thread, I focused on GF headliners and then the RW names that headlined/co-headlined. I am fully aware of the 2015 Florence situation, hence the "Florence", could also have said Foos, still meaning the same. 

Relevant here are the names you'd potentially move weekend for as festival.

Actually, Tour de France will be starting in Brussels on their usual weekend and cycling is supposedly very popular in Belgium. It's not that big of a country to host a internationally acclaimed festival and a major sporting event at the same time plus the thing with tickets and there you go.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well yeah because Gaga is headlining, which I conclusively proved yesterday. But in general I think people put far too much stock in Glastonbury having some sort of policy of booking female headliners when there's clearly nothing of the sort. There's been only three this century, out of those we know Florence was a very last-minute bump up, and Beyonce is said to have been a last-minute bump up when Prince didn't come through. Really Adele is the only female headliner they've gone for, and they didn't do it for any notion of gender balance at the top of the bill, they did it because she's massive. They just focus on who is the biggest fish they can catch, often to their detriment.

Sorry I must have missed it. Could you link it or explain briefly again, sorry.

25 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

Actually, Tour de France will be starting in Brussels on their usual weekend and cycling is supposedly very popular in Belgium. It's not that big of a country to host a internationally acclaimed festival and a major sporting event at the same time plus the thing with tickets and there you go.

Interesting you bring up the Tour de France... I did that an hour or so ago in the Rock Werchter thread :P Thought to discuss it there first to see if it would make any sense before digressing in here. 

Edited by StupidDream

19 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

So you're saying it's Kraftwerk, right?

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Would P!nk headline? 

This thread was up and down yesterday - I thought the consensus had settled on Kendrick, The Cure and Macca for now?

I'd be more shocked if she headlined than any of the other serious contenders (that doesn't include Mumford or Taylor Swift) that have been mentioned in this thread. Really can't see that

15 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Arctic monkeys just released a behind the scenes production video, if you go to 8.29 mins in you can see a very familiar outline. I think the writing is on the wall guys make of it what you will

Worthy Farm; home to the world's only triangle.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Arctic monkeys just released a behind the scenes production video, if you go to 8.29 mins in you can see a very familiar outline. I think the writing is on the wall guys make of it what you 

N∆ they aren't