2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Main doubt remaining is it’d mean only one of RW’s four main headliners could possibly be considered ‘rock’, and none of them are meat and potatoes and/or heavy.

Rammstein are rumoured to be touring around June aren’t they? They could well fit in as the last RW headliner to be honest 

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah. All this “let’s listen to Zoe Ball on the off-chance there’s an announcement” stuff is eerily reminiscent of when the whole of efestivals tuned into a Jo Whiley interview with Madonna and they ended up mostly discussing gardening.

Would have loved to have heard those gardening tips tbh.

Kendrick's DAMN touring may be complete but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new album out around Glastonbury time.  It would be 2+years since DAMN and he's fairly prolific.   His albums are also released with little notice.   

We also know that Emily went to see him at the O2 earlier this year and posted it on her Instagram.   I still think he could be the Friday headliner and he'd certainly help to balance things out if we're having old white men on the other two nights (p.s. I love The Cure and Macca so no shade).

May I just remind you that it's not uncommon for RW to have co-headline constructions for one or more days. So it could very well be P!nk and Kendrick on the same day. And it now appears 'weak' for RW, but it could turn out to be Mumford and Rammstein on one night (not likely though). 

As a reminder, this year:

Gorillaz/QotSA
The Killers
Pearl Jam/Jack White
Arctic Monkeys/Nick Cave

Indeed, you could say QotSA, Jack White and Nick Cave are very strong subs.

Edited by StupidDream

My prediction for 3rd Headliner in order of likeliness :

1. Kendrick Lamar : The Sun once said it and someone who maybe got some stuff right about another festival tenuously implies it.

2. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

3. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsTaylor Swift : They breath.

Just now, Little Andy said:

My prediction for 3rd Headliner in order of likeliness :

1. Kendrick Lamar : The Sun once said it and someone who maybe got some stuff right about another festival tenuously implies it.

2. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

3. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & Sons, Taylor Swift : They breath.

:lol:

52 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Be interested to know what sort of fee Kendrick commands. That's a pretty strong set of headliners from where I'm sitting

I definitely read that his fee for Reading last year was enormous. It might even have been on here, but it was up there near Eminem type money.

EDIT: And by last year, I mean whenever it was he headlined. Can't be arsed Googling!

Edited by EamerRed