2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I wouldn't go and see him headline but Kendrick is exactly the sort of headliner the Eavii should be booking. 

I know it came from Neil but tbh I still can't quite get on board with The Cure being a pyramid headliner. And he did say he had a bit of conflicting information. I dunno, just doesn't feel quite right to me. Reckon we have one headliner still up for grabs. It's not confirmed they are headliner RW either. Mumford and Pink were all announced on their twitter as headliners. The Cure just got 'will play....'

In your series of tweets they announced the Cure first, ok they said "will play" but the next one says "we can reveal another headliner".

54 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Assuming he'd have to do the Friday at Glastonbury, isn't June 26th in Phoenix a bit too close?. 48 hours before with significant time difference

If he does that I wouldn't mind learning his tactics around avoiding jet lag

He'd probably be doing the sunday, gives him enough time. Itd probably benefit him being switched around anyways, sleep all day, party all night. 

15 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Genuinely laughing here at the turn this thread has taken. Boggled by the comparisons of Dizzee to Stormzy. Plus artists having the temerity to ask the audience to jump. Tell you what though if George Clinton asks me to put my hands in the air while he takes me to the bridge then they're going up. 

You know it's not an actual bridge, don't you? ;)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I wouldn't go and see him headline but Kendrick is exactly the sort of headliner the Eavii should be booking. 

I know it came from Neil but tbh I still can't quite get on board with The Cure being a pyramid headliner. And he did say he had a bit of conflicting information. I dunno, just doesn't feel quite right to me. Reckon we have one headliner still up for grabs. It's not confirmed they are headliner RW either. Mumford and Pink were all announced on their twitter as headliners. The Cure just got 'will play....'

Smart move by RW moving their festival to Glastonbury weekend and being able to share acts. I wonder if that came from being frustrated with bookings previously?

Of course they're heading RW. They've still got a lot to announce too, as they have 8 headliners each year.

Edit: Apols - just your retraction. There's a lot more RW to come though, including Kenny, possibly.

Edited by Hawros

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

Happy Birthday for it either way :) 

Next year my birthday's ticket balance deadline day, hoping that's a good omen somehow.

Thanks mate, same to you. I will help if you want, already got mine. Inbox the details and I will try and score some.

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just had a look at the post.

Basically the other day when he hinted at P!nk he posted saying:

"Na na na na

Na na na" 

And now, two days ago, he made a random post in the RW19 thread saying:

"damn"

where is this? can't see anything in the RW thread on here?

e: oh, i see it's about a festileaks account posting it.

also, awkward: :lol:

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thanks mate, same to you. I will help if you want, already got mine. Inbox the details and I will try and score some.

Oh no, got our deposits in cheers. We've been quite silly though, we'll be in Prague that day, booked it before the ticket sale.. Good job pints are cheap over there eh, might do me some good to live on beans on toast from then to the festival..

Edited by RichardWaller

Why the love-in for Kendrick on here? Just out of interest. I've always wondered it as it doesn't seem a very 'eFests-type' act from my perspective, yet everyone here seems to fawn over him!

I must admit I saw him at Benicassim and thought it was dreadful, but I'm starting to think it's far more likely that I'm wrong and everyone else is correct. Might be the time for me to give him another listen!

3 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Why the love-in for Kendrick on here? Just out of interest. I've always wondered it as it doesn't seem a very 'eFests-type' act from my perspective, yet everyone here seems to fawn over him!

I must admit I saw him at Benicassim and thought it was dreadful, but I'm starting to think it's far more likely that I'm wrong and everyone else is correct. Might be the time for me to give him another listen!

Yeah it’s you that’s wrong. Listen to Good Kid Mad City and To Pimp A Butterfly. If you don’t like them your loss. 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Yeah it’s you that’s wrong. Listen to Good Kid Mad City and To Pimp A Butterfly. If you don’t like them your loss. 

Clearly touched a nerve ?. I was being sincere in the fact that I might well have got him wrong, I wasn't taking the mick!

7 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I've tried to get into him but find it utter cack. I might like him live. Having said that I'd like to see him as a Glasto headliner booking to mix it up a bit and he seems to have a good following. (And reduces the chances of me being at the Pyramid over those 3 nights which I want to avoid!)

Edited by Stokesy10

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Critically acclaimed, fresh and political, a POC suitably prominent enough to get the proper haircuts frothing. Everything the efests community loves.

I can see why he wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste - his flow falls behind the beat sometimes, and anyone whose only knowledge of him is his guest verses on that Maroon 5 song or that Sia song would understandably have no motivation to do any further listening. But I think he’s great.

27 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

where is this? can't see anything in the RW thread on here?

e: oh, i see it's about a festileaks account posting it.

also, awkward: :lol:

The forum is https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/rockwerchter-2019-nieuws-geruchten/page/26/

The bloke posts under 'Greg'

It's in shee Crazsshhy dutch language but chrome should translate

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

The forum is https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/rockwerchter-2019-nieuws-geruchten/page/26/

The bloke posts under 'Greg'

It's in shee Crazsshhy dutch language but chrome should translate

There are some brilliant 'lost in translation'. This is currently my favourite:

"Oh yes, Pink. Girlfriend is a fan, so maybe I'll get her to Werchter, badger or fun again."

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Emily’s doing an interview with Zoe Ball on 10th November. Reckon we’ll get an announcement of some kind then.  

Although i'd love to think we are close to an announcement of some sort, Emily doesn't tend to reveal Headliners during these types of interviews- we may get an announcement similar to 2016/17 when PJ Harvey and Kris Kristofferson were announced. 

Thinking back to 2017 they made a big deal of announcing Radiohead and then the whole Frome gig/video for Foo Fighters which was pretty cool. Fucking Sheeran announced it with a screen of cows in the background though- about as shit an idea as his music.