rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't need to know any salespeople, this is just a fact I know about. It's a truth which is self evident, if any reasonable person takes the time to think on the matter then they can reach only this conclusion.

Oh, I get it! ... GLAstonDurY GlAstonbury GlAstonbury

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a band with a new album, a relationship with the festival, have played most other festivals since their last headline slot and are headlining European festivals at the time but sure... it’s someone other than Mumford and the Sons.

Only non-ticketholders see the truth.

Your right, I can’t see it. Break the ice. Tell us!!!

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Mumford aren't rumoured, it's a big piss take.. surely to god

LOL. I got caught up in it for a moment, but ye I think so! :D

My revised and final list :

1. 1975
2. Everyone else who has pre-ordered a banjo for the summer.

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Mumford aren't rumoured, it's a big piss take.. surely to god

The info thing was a piss take that I went along with, which was intentionally made too ridiculous to believe.

The imminent threat of Mumford headlining based on what we already know to be true is no piss take.

8 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Oh, I get it! ... GLAstonDurY GlAstonbury GlAstonbury

I can imagine the conversation in 1969

Festival Asst: why are we calling it Glastonbury, it’s not even in Glastonbury.

Michael: I have seen the future, and in the future there will an artist called Lady GaGa, by calling it Glastonbury we will be able to announce her headlining the festival by a tortuous code involving using the festival name three times.

Just now, Phoenix Girl said:

Andy, I was enjoying the lists to be fair

Lol, cheers. But all it proved was I was gullible enough to think Marcus Mumford would order Glastonbury 2019 elbow patches! :D

I know it may not be relevant to most of you as this is just one point of view.

I wasn't born or raised in the UK but I have still known every single Glasto headliner for the past 25 years. They have always been huge acts well known around the globe.

You are talking about Stormzy or The 1975 headlining, both of them I've literally never heard before in my life. It would be such a disappointment to have any of those two headlining this year. Even Mumford, band which I personally dislike, would be a better choice than a ramdon guy with one album. It may be the case that I end up loving both but I still think they are way below Glastonbury standards. 

My cousin's wife makes dresses out of meat and has had a high priority order placed by a confidential client for delivery in late June of next year.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a band with a new album, a relationship with the festival, have played most other festivals since their last headline slot and are headlining European festivals at the time but sure... it’s someone other than Mumford and the Sons.

Only non-ticketholders see the truth.

Such a laughing stock as Mumford and Sons will never be allowed back, Emily actually denies they ever headlined at all if asked. They're the Star Wars: A Holiday Special of Glastonbury headliners.

Just now, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know it may not be relevant to most of you as this is just one point of view.

I wasn't born or raised in the UK but I have still known every single Glasto headliner for the past 25 years. They have always been huge acts well known around the globe.

You are talking about Stormzy or The 1975 headlining, both of them I've literally never heard before in my life. It would be such a disappointment to have any of those two headlining this year. Even Mumford, band which I personally dislike, would be a better choice than a ramdon guy with one album. It may be the case that I end up loving both but I still think they are way below Glastonbury standards. 

You knew about Skunk Anansie?

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

My cousin's wife makes dresses out of meat and has had a high priority order placed by a confidential client for delivery in late June of next year.  

Morrisey confirmed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, yosoyyoberdi said:

Kasabian.jpg?x46277

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kasabian.jpg?x46277

That's such a great River Island photoshoot.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Do Mumford's still play the banjos? I thought they'd gone all "bad boy" - leather jackets and guitars?

91A5E22E-A2FE-4028-9470-D103828BD8AD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Not getting the Stormzy shouts at all. Not even done an arena tour yet and his biggest festival slot was headlining Wireless, where BBK have also headlined. At the very most a sub, surely. He doesn't have the material to do a 90+ min slot at the moment unless he delves right back into his mixtape days.

Seen a few people mentioning Lana Del Rey over the last few pages, has there been info to suggest she'll be there?

No info but she's playing in Ireland the week before. Puts her firmly in the frame to appear.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

I don't see how Stormzy could headline, or is that just me - only last year he was headlining Wireless...

Wireless have booked several headliners who are big enough to headline Glastonbury, though.

56 minutes ago, billum said:

That would be very welcome - but isn't he more likely to turn up in the legends' slot in a year or two?

(Prob Elton next year by all accounts, so maybe 2021 if he's still performing, and he may well be)

Sometimes I feel I've got completely skewed judgement of size of artists ... Elton would surely headline, not play the Legends' slot. No?

I'd be there too.

47 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

They were absolutely cracking when they last headlined. Really tight live band. Arctic Monkeys are dire as fuck live and people don’t complain about them.

Utter bollox. 

Did Mumford play that one with the banjo about hearts?

Edited by Stokesy10

50 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

They were absolutely cracking when they last headlined. Really tight live band. Arctic Monkeys are dire as fuck live and people don’t complain about them.

That's the best thing about music though isn't it, opinions? It would be pretty boring if we all just liked exactly the same stuff.. 

I'm flying 11 hours on Thursday to watch AM in America. If Mumford were playing outside my house, I'd pull the curtains on. Opinions...

• Upvote 2

Arctic Monkeys are pretty lacklustre as a live band, but to put them on the same footing as Mumfords is unduly harsh.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Arctic Monkeys are pretty lacklustre as a live band, but to put them on the same footing as Mumfords is unduly harsh.

Seen AM roughly 10 times and the vast majority have been excellent live performances. Very tight and technically brilliant. The odd one or two has been lacklustre. They're one of the best live bands going.

Edited by Stokesy10

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

They're one of the best live bands going.

And I thought the elbow patches were an outrageous lie...