2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It hasn't worked at Glastonbury the last twice.  

Hasn't worked for who exactly? I keep reading that their 2 headline performances were garbage on here yet as a big fan, I thought they came off well on the TV in 2007 and when I saw the 2nd one live in 2013 I thought they were excellent, granted Turner seemed a bit worse for wear in 2013

Edited by mufcok
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Hasn't worked for who exactly? I keep reading that their 2 headline performances were garbage on here yet as a big fan, I thought they came off well on the TV in 2007 and when I saw the 2nd one live in 2013 I thought they were excellent, granted Turner seemed a bit worse for wear

I watched 07 on the TV and thought it was good. I'm not a big fan but it seemed a good show. Had some friends there as well and they said it was great. Didn't see 13 so I can't comment.

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't wait for Arctic and the lads to run out onto the Pyramid Stage, just stand there for a bit, mumble, look at their shoes and then, after 10 minutes of twiddling with their amps whilst the screens just show static, do that one about the moonbase.

Oh now you're just being silly old CG ? They could do that one yes, or they could do a mixture of things off of their other massively successful albums.

I hope he gives a big shout out or speech, and smiles all through his set though otherwise it won't be good. After all, I've not paid to listen to the tunes.

?

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Hasn't worked for who exactly? I keep reading that their 2 headline performances were garbage on here yet as a big fan, I thought they came off well on the TV in 2007 and when I saw the 2nd one live in 2013 I thought they were excellent, granted Turner seemed a bit worse for wear

Both were absolutely excellent. It's almost as if they were asked to come back and do it again after the first one!

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just caught up on ten unread pages in this thread... Christ.

You actually read them? I just skim read and pick out a post to which I can conjour up a vaguely amusing riposte

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't wait for Arctic and the lads to run out onto the Pyramid Stage, just stand there for a bit, mumble, look at their shoes and then, after 10 minutes of twiddling with their amps whilst the screens just show static, do that one about the moonbase.

Genuine question - did you watch the 2013 set?

38 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Genuinely laughing here at the turn this thread has taken. Boggled by the comparisons of Dizzee to Stormzy. Plus artists having the temerity to ask the audience to jump. Tell you what though if George Clinton asks me to put my hands in the air while he takes me to the bridge then they're going up. 

I was sat at the back of West Holts when George Clinton informed me "this ain't no sittin' down party, this is a gettin' up and shakin' what yo Mamma gave you party". Excellent stuff.

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I was sat at the back of West Holts when George Clinton informed me "this ain't no sittin' down party, this is a gettin' up and shakin' what yo Mamma gave you party". Excellent stuff.

Absolutely!

And to which I shook my Tupperware of triangle cut egg mayo sandwiches and the bag of 10p pieces (to give her a ring just to let her know ‘I got there ok’). 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I thought that many unread pages in such a short time meant something exciting had happened.

I was mistaken.

In summary...

A band plays live music. Some people think they do it well, others less so. There are questions over whether crowd interaction and the liveliness or otherwise of bands impacts the quality of the gig.

And something about Miles Kane. And Woffy's egg sandwiches.

Edited by Quark