2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm becoming convinced that they've made enough money and are comfortable with the fact that they put out some good stuff in their prime so that they are now just fucking with us.

There is no other explanation for how you get from Plug In Baby to this.

They have basically gone hugely mainstream to try and still appeal as much as they can. 

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They have basically gone hugely mainstream to try and still appeal as much as they can. 

They haven't really, they've always been hugely popular, it's close to 15 years since they first headlined Glasto and they still sell out stadia and headline festivals, they don't need to appeal to anyone these days.

This is the culmination of a journey that started back with BHAR (listen to it again, the signs are all there), when they decided to move away from their good stuff and become Queen, but in space.

Friday artic monkeys

Saturday green Day

Sunday Florence and the machine

Other stage 

Friday chemical brothers

Saturday panic at the disco

Sunday disclosure

Other acts

Bastille

James bay

The script

Kings of Leon secret set

Stereophonics

Noel Gallagher high frying birds

The vaccines

Fall out boy

The 1975

Editors

Fat boy silm

Jamie XX

Thom Yorke

10 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Friday artic monkeys

Saturday green Day

Sunday Florence and the machine

Other stage 

Friday chemical brothers

Saturday panic at the disco

Sunday disclosure

Other acts

Bastille

James bay

The script

Kings of Leon secret set

Stereophonics

Noel Gallagher high frying birds

The vaccines

Fall out boy

The 1975

Editors

Fat boy silm

Jamie XX

Thom Yorke

Still waiting to discover what your end game is in all this...

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They haven't really, they've always been hugely popular, it's close to 15 years since they first headlined Glasto and they still sell out stadia and headline festivals, they don't need to appeal to anyone these days.

This is the culmination of a journey that started back with BHAR (listen to it again, the signs are all there), when they decided to move away from their good stuff and become Queen, but in space.

I agree to a point but BHAR was still far better than what followed. Take a Bow, MOTP, SBH and KOC were all great songs. I loved Starlight myself too but that is better version of Mercy imo. 2nd Law and Drones was what the hell is going on. Leeds 2011 for OOS in full was class, possibly the best Muse set I've seen. There was a good one at V one year also with Butterflies and Hurricanes in. 100% I would go to a Absolution in full tour.

Edited by thewayiam

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yep. Basically what Coldplay did too.

In a way yes. Probably started with Fix You from X&Y but it's a great song. I actually thought except for Viva la Vida itself that album was dull. Mylo Xyloto obiously went very mainstream but the part half at least of that was great. The thing with Coldplay is they were more a feel the music band and there is only so much slow moving song if you like you can do before you need to change it up. But it worked for Coldplay because they were brilliant at making pop music and to be honest as they continued to get bigger there wasn't really a stage I don't think...maybe once?, if there was that they took a bit of a dip. They would still headline anywhere that they did anywhere int he world and sell out stadiums like they did, I don't think Muse would sell out stadiums like they did and as many. Coldplay. You could argue that U2 were the biggest band in the world from around 87 to 2004/05 and the Coldplay were for the enxt 10 years...they had 4 consecutive US no.1s and that head full of dreams shit being no.2

5 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Coldplay took a dip creatively after Parachutes and a Rush Of Blood, and they never came back up from it. 

Writing wise for them maybe to a point but what I'm saying is they didn't turn and kill themselves. They gathered more fans, got bigger and were good at what they did whereas many change and screw themselves. U2 are one of few to have been able to keep as close roots as possible.

Think he'll sub if he plays. He might just mean he's going along to the festival though. I don't think he will have an album out by June, so he would be playing the same songs he played 2 years earlier, with a good few Oasis classics added obviously.