2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Shhhh! It has a rubbish title let it be forgotten and at the appropriate time someone will create a new one just called Headliners 2020.

All the 2020 threads have been archived. Although it’d have to be “2020 Headliners” or it’d be just as stupid as (the biggie).

25 minutes ago, GlastoGoer said:

Apologies if this has been covered already, but wasn't Jordan Rakei supposed to be self-confirmed? Really hope he's added to the lineup. 

If he was we didn't know about it - see https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml and the 'Self-Confirmed' thread. But an act of his size probably wouldn't have made the poster in any event.

24 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If he was we didn't know about it - see https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml and the 'Self-Confirmed' thread. But an act of his size probably wouldn't have made the poster in any event.

Hmm, maybe this information was incorrect then. He's bigger than a handful of acts on the poster, but then again as a fan I would say that.

rakei confirmed.JPG

39 minutes ago, GlastoGoer said:

Hmm, maybe this information was incorrect then. He's bigger than a handful of acts on the poster, but then again as a fan I would say that.

rakei confirmed.JPG

OK - he's bigger than I thought, but not of the size you'd necessarily expect him to be on the poster. As you've posted this came from GlastoFestFeed, you should look on their site, which has a link to a Twitter confirmation by his label PR that he'll be there.

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

OK - he's bigger than I thought, but not of the size you'd necessarily expect him to be on the poster. As you've posted this came from GlastoFestFeed, you should look on their site, which has a link to a Twitter confirmation by his label PR that he'll be there.

Ah - just found said link. Thank you. Definitely recommend catching him if you can, he's ace. 

• 1 month later...

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

Any tips on getting there/ when I'll need to start heading there?

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

I'm determined to be close (in front semi circle or bit behind it) for The Killers on Saturday. A few headliners have been ruined recently (Radiohead) due to being too far back with talkers (and shit visuals). 

I usually find heading far down on the sides and cutting across can work at most stages. Would right or left work better at the pyramid?

Any tips welcome. 

Cutting in from either side works ok. Obviously, earlier the better. If you want to guarantee a good spot get there before the band subbing finishes, a lot of movement in the crossover and you can get close in. 

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

Any tips welcome. 

If I've ever wanted to get closer to the front I've always chosen the left-hand side as you face the stage. Hug the fence that leads up to it, the crowd can be sparsely spread out here, then at the point where the barrier starts, cut inwards. Choose the right time, usually at the changeover point and politely and steadily work your way through. Do it with a big smile on your face and interact with your fellow Glastonauts as you move closer and it'll be a pain-free process

20 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

Cutting in from either side works ok. Obviously, earlier the better. If you want to guarantee a good spot get there before the band subbing finishes, a lot of movement in the crossover and you can get close in. 

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If I've ever wanted to get closer to the front I've always chosen the left-hand side as you face the stage. Hug the fence that leads up to it, the crowd can be sparsely spread out here, then at the point where the barrier starts, cut inwards. Choose the right time, usually at the changeover point and politely and steadily work your way through. Do it with a big smile on your face and interact with your fellow Glastonauts as you move closer and it'll be a pain-free process

Did exactly this part way through The XX for Radiohead, got as far as I could without having to squish past, waited for the switchover then made my way to the middle as fast as possible.

52 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question:

Any tips welcome. 

As others have said, make your way towards the stage during the sub headliner, slowly move your way along the bottom left. If you can get into the area before the subheadliner finishes, you'll have a lot of people near you wanting to leave and a lot wanting to go in, just smile and follow the quickest moving group. Make friends on your way in as the guys you're standing near you'll be next to for the next 45 minutes and then you get to find out why they want to see the band and enjoy the moments together. 

43 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

This . Been at the front (in circle) for muse Coldplay stones Kanye Radiohead  . Get towards the sides for the last 20 mins of the sub and get in when the crossover happens . I’ve sat through subs before just to guarantee it. I think crowd position is a massive influence in how much I enjoy a gig

9 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

This . Been at the front (in circle) for muse Coldplay stones Kanye Radiohead  . Get towards the sides for the last 20 mins of the sub and get in when the crossover happens . I’ve sat through subs before just to guarantee it. I think crowd position is a massive influence in how much I enjoy a gig

I find at regular gigs (depending on size) anywhere in the first 3rd / half is normally pretty good and lively deppending on the band. At festivals however especially on main stages, outside of the front circle is normally very calm and relaxed.