2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, blazingstars said:

Hi! I'm a big Killers fan too. This will be my 9th show. I'm going to see Dave play in London next month. I'll be very surprised if he plays Glasto having missed the entirety of the last tour. They got a really slick rhythm going with the touring lineup. I'd love to see him back but I would put big bucks on it being Ted and Jake.

My only reasoning is that the Glasto secret set was two weeks before Hyde Park, which was so close that surely the new members were all up to speed and ready for the tour. But Mark and Dave were still involved at Glasto as a one off. I dunno, we'll see, I think it could easily go either way.

56 minutes ago, Odessa said:

My only reasoning is that the Glasto secret set was two weeks before Hyde Park, which was so close that surely the new members were all up to speed and ready for the tour. But Mark and Dave were still involved at Glasto as a one off. I dunno, we'll see, I think it could easily go either way.

I always feel a little guilty because I saw them when it was all 4 at glasto for that secret set but when I took partner(who was gutted about missing secret set), it was the touring musicians, though I won't lie I couldn't tell the difference, not exactly the face and personality of the band

On 3/16/2019 at 3:59 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Agreed. It's not The Killers without Dave Keuning.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, reflekting said:

I guess I shouldn't be a hypocrite as I saw the Pumpkins when they played and loved it, but I'd never seen them before, the Killers have been around the UK every year more or less, with no difficulty seeing them as a fan. If Dave is back I'd be keen but I just can't get on board with this otherwise. 

20 hours ago, charlierc said:

I saw them with their new live band at Lollapalooza Paris last year having ducked the UK Tour. They did hold up pretty well - the new players knew the parts, plus had a lot of the same gear. There wasn't an obvious discrepancy between the two (or indeed Hyde Park the year before, when Dave was there but Mark wasn't). But I do agree I'd prefer to have Dave/Mark about for their live shows as its weird without them on board.

I like the idea of them returning for Glastonbury, like they did for the John Peel slot in 2017. Whether they do is another matter.

To be fair, a part of me was more keen to wonder either if this means their new album will be out in time, or if they do a small theatre show beforehand that I inevitably fail to get tickets for.

Having seen them at Benicassim for the first time in around 10 years I noticed the difference, even though everyone with me who saw them for the first time told me I was being very pedantic. 

Its so strange but it was in how they presented the show - it was the Brandon flowers show, him prancing around like some Vegas entertainer (I know why but still seemed different). 

I generally think the killers are 'ok' but there are some songs I love and mainly because of the guitar riffs - all these things, when you were young and read my mind. It felt to me like those solos were background music, no lights accompanied them, no spotlight on guitar players and honestly they sounded flat and even slightly turned down. Watching the peel set on tv reminded me of the gigs from the past and just seemed more like a band than a singer focused show.

I hope they make the effort and I imagine from how much they love the festival that they will - they did say they'd be coming back for special occasions so this surely is one

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 3/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Brandon Flowers is my special soldier and I'll come for anyone that compares him to something found in a bin out the back of Madame Tussauds.

I think you'll  find he's most definitely 'not a soldier'.

1 minute ago, Livvy13 said:

Has there been any news as to when Stormzy's second album is out?

No official news yet, no. Definitely thought there’d be at least a single out by now to ramp up excitement. Three months is still plenty of time but it’d be wise to get it out sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

No official news yet, no. Definitely thought there’d be at least a single out by now to ramp up excitement. Three months is still plenty of time but it’d be wise to get it out sooner rather than later.

Especially as he was on Jonathan Ross in November and said that the album was finished at that point.

I remember Gang Signs was released quite quickly after it was announced and so I imagine the same would happen again.   He'll need it out before Glastonbury - he doesn't want to be playing that headline slot with a bunch of unreleased tunes!