2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Feels like we’ve not had a bullshit dumb rumour in yonks, someone tell me their mate’s uncle says snow patrol are headlining 

I stand by Gorillaz are headlining, gonna be a ball-ache trying to find my post-macca post so I can quote it and rub it in everyones faces.

6 hours ago, priest17 said:

The not releasing the line up before people pay argument to keep out people who don't get it is such a lame and elitist one, the festival requires new blood to stay fresh and coming across first timers in the process of 'getting it' at the fest is an absolute joy.

I agree that the festival needs new blood but I disagree that the line-up needs to be released for newbies to want to buy tickets. I think wanting people to come for the first time because they've heard about how brilliant Glastonbury is and seen it on the telly is much better than wanting people to come for the first time because of one particular act. Nobody wants to see the place full of just one band's fans.

9 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I agree that the festival needs new blood but I disagree that the line-up needs to be released for newbies to want to buy tickets. I think wanting people to come for the first time because they've heard about how brilliant Glastonbury is and seen it on the telly is much better than wanting people to come for the first time because of one particular act. Nobody wants to see the place full of just one band's fans.

It's not that they shouldn't release the line-up before tickets go on sale, I didn't know the line-up the first year I went, it's that I think people are entitled to be a little adjudicated when forking over £260 when they haven't been before. It sometimes comes across as a little snobbish (in my mind) when people almost look down on people who haven't been yet don't 'get it'. The smaller poster coming before the balance deadline seems like the fairest trade to me.

8 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

If they are then they'd better do a lot better than last time. Massive disappointment.

I'm in the minority that loved it, think they'll definitely do better this year when they headline on the Sunday night though.

27 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Yeh, this is pretty much how I feel. I first went in 2014 when I was 29. I knew all about Glastonbury by then and had been desperate to go for years, even though I knew there were plenty of other festivals where the headliners more closely matched my musical tastes. I wasn't too fussed about  any of the bands that had been announced by deadline day, but I couldn't care less. And obviously, when I finally got to the farm, I loved it and found so much more hidden in the lineup and at the smaller stages I wanted to see that I wasn't expecting. 

I confess the following year I went too much the other way, and didn't analyse the lineup nearly enough before arriving. But I sorted that out in 2017 with the help of EFestivals ?

5 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

I’ve read some where Michael Eavis is singing tonight on the open mic at the Pilton stage at 8pm. Recon anything will ‘leak out’ tonight around then? Someone is bound to ask him!

"This year will be the best festival ever"..... "headliners have been booked since 2017"......"best set of headliners we've ever had" etc. 

18 minutes ago, Armourman said:

I think the line up should be announced in a 'transfer window slammed shut' format with various members of this site holed up outside recording studios interviewing recently confirmed 'signings'....

"I'm thrilled you know, the Other Stage is one of the top stages in the world, it's a stage with a lot of history and a passionate fanbase. It was always my favourite stage as a kid, and now I'm finally getting the chance to play there I just want to get my head down, work hard and give it 110% you know?"

Interviewer checks notes....."In 2017 didn't you say that the John Peel Tent was your boyhood hero stage, and you always wanted to play that stage?"

"Umm, um, umm, ah, um...."

32 minutes ago, Armourman said:

I think the line up should be announced in a 'transfer window slammed shut' format with various members of this site holed up outside recording studios interviewing recently confirmed 'signings'....

And we're just getting word that it's the Killers...

alan-irwin-010.jpg.352be80f8a36c96904176d48a6b850da.jpg

Edited by Mardy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

"Yeh who wouldn't want Muse, who wouldn't want 'em, but they're Rock Wertcher's booking so I can't talk about that. Triffic, triffic band".

All we need is some berk in a yellow tie...

”I’m hearing that Rick Witter has been spotted arriving at Bristol Airport!!”

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

All we need is some berk in a yellow tie...

”I’m hearing that Rick Witter has been spotted arriving at Bristol Airport!!”

Yeh and someome making a massive dramatic "Breaking News" statement which you think is gonna be massive cos they get all excited and hold their ear pieces...

"Yes, yes this just in, yep, we can reveal that Kaiser Cheifs, WILL be playing SOMEWHERE at Glastonbury"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeh and someome making a massive dramatic "Breaking News" statement which you think is gonna be massive cos they get all excited and hold their ear pieces...

"Yes, yes this just in, yep, we can reveal that Kaiser Cheifs, WILL be playing SOMEWHERE at Glastonbury"

News just in... Marcus Mumford is waiting outside the Farmhouse Car Park in Pilton, but we understand there's no agreement between Emily and his management yet. 

(Peter Odemwingie reference - the best deadline day ever)

• Upvote 2