2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I just mentioned in another thread, The Killers are playing a festival in Canada the week after Glasto. Their only May/June dates are in the US so are they really going to fly over here, play Glasto then bugger off again?

I’d say the opposite.  When the rumour came out that it was The Killers they weren’t active in the slightest, now they have shows around the time of Glastonbury (whether they’re overseas or not)

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I just mentioned in another thread, The Killers are playing a festival in Canada the week after Glasto. Their only May/June dates are in the US so are they really going to fly over here, play Glasto then bugger off again?

Probably ?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Under normal circumstances I think it would make it less likely but given the whole secret set situation in 2017 I think they're probably exactly the kind of act who would be up for making that arrangement with Glastonbury if it meant playing the big one. 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d say the opposite.  When the rumour came out that it was The Killers they weren’t active in the slightest, now they have shows around the time of Glastonbury (whether they’re overseas or not)

Perhaps, but just looking at their site they’ve got a few US dates in May. Then a festival in Milwaukee on July 5th and ones in Ottawa and Kentucky the week after.

I suppose it’s possible they could come over for a European jaunt in June but feels like they’re cutting things fine.

Either way I’m just throwing it out there as a potential area of doubt.

Edited by Hugh Jass

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Perhaps, but just looking at their site they’ve got a few US dates in May. Then a festival in Milwaukee on July 5th and ones in Ottawa and Kentucky the week after.

I suppose it’s possible they could come over for a European jaunt in June but feels like they’re cutting things fine.

I hope you're right... but I'd say if they're headling this year the arrangements were made long ago after the secret set went down and none of the other dates would have been set so I'd say it's more likely they'd be coming over just for glasto

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was always suggested that they’d be coming over especially. Wasn’t a case of ‘let’s see if they announce any European dates’ like it would be for most artists cos we don’t expect it necessary of The Killers.

Does anyone have any ideas on any surprises that could be possible down the order?. The rumours for the headliners are pretty run out and most seem to think Killers and the Cure are on or something else obvious that’s been mentioned. I’m feeling like this year could be the most predictable and boring yet!, although stormzy was a shock but not a good one imo. The other stage I’d imagine will have a top band on the Friday. Looking at the bands touring around this year nothing seems exciting that will play

Edited by utwothefly

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Mumfords are on standby.

1 hour ago, utwothefly said:

Does anyone have any ideas on any surprises that could be possible down the order?. The rumours for the headliners are pretty run out and most seem to think Killers and the Cure are on or something else obvious that’s been mentioned. I’m feeling like this year could be the most predictable and boring yet!, although stormzy was a shock but not a good one imo. The other stage I’d imagine will have a top band on the Friday. Looking at the bands touring around this year nothing seems exciting that will play

This is the thread for you. Also check the one called 'Other Stage' - likely that top band you speak of is Tame Impala.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, utwothefly said:

We are lucky that it's just a joy to be on the site regardless of pyramid headliners being to everyone's liking.

I reckon I probably average less than 1 pyramid headliner each year but getting nil from three for consecutive years of 2015 and 2016 probably helped to pull the average down -- now they were awfully dull headliners!

I've been every Glasto since 2014 and only seen 2 pyramid stage headliners, Kanye & Kasabian. 

At this point I've stopped caring about who the headliners will be because of the magnitude of acts they have across the festival, I just want the full May line up now ?!

50 minutes ago, LSTx said:

I've been every Glasto since 2014 and only seen 2 pyramid stage headliners, Kanye & Kasabian. 

At this point I've stopped caring about who the headliners will be because of the magnitude of acts they have across the festival, I just want the full May line up now ?!

you'll have to wait until at least April for that.