2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is it "looking likely" that Killers and Janelle will clash?

Barring some ludicrously good surprises on the poster... that would ruin the music side of Glasto for me this year.

Neil had info from somebody that The Cure are the Saturday which would put The Killers on the Sunday, but he isn’t putting much faith in it and I’m not expecting it to pan out that way either.

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is it "looking likely" that Killers and Janelle will clash?

Barring some ludicrously good surprises on the poster... that would ruin the music side of Glasto for me this year.

Think we've all expected The Cure to be on the Sunday as they tend not to do two nights in a row and they're in Werchter on Friday, which would leave The Killers on the Saturday. However, one of Neil's sources said they were 99% sure The Cure are Saturday but he was recalling this from 4 months ago so the answer is probably not but who knows.

16 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Think we've all expected The Cure to be on the Sunday as they tend not to do two nights in a row and they're in Werchter on Friday, which would leave The Killers on the Saturday. However, one of Neil's sources said they were 99% sure The Cure are Saturday but he was recalling this from 4 months ago so the answer is probably not but who knows.

Things may have changed since Neil's souce was told that also. For example, Macca could have said he could only so Sunday (or they wanted him to do Sunday) so for the cure it was Saturday or nothing. Then when Macca dropped out they could've moved the cure to Sunday and plopped the killers on Saturday. This would make what the source was told correct at the time but since then, they've moved around and now make sense 

2 hours ago, gbell36 said:

Now we're on page 817 for this years headliners - One theory I'm keen to explore and another stat I would like to be added to the 'thingy' in the quest for announcement patterns is... how many pages does the efestivals thread on headliners get to before we have them all? ...

If someone else could do the work on this also that would be great #IsThereAPattern

IMG_20181212_220331.jpg.2e6f89c3dc7b896690125ed0f3567bac.jpg

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Their strained relations with Glasto means I don’t they’d have said ‘okay’ to disregarding their rule of days off between shows, even for Macca. Certainly doesn’t make sense to accommodate a band like The Killers with no shows in the area at all.

I’d always thought that The Cure would be Sunday due to the 2 days between shows but with Neil’s info and the fact The Killers would be more Sunday crowd friendly I’m coming round to that idea. 

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d always thought that The Cure would be Sunday due to the 2 days between shows but with Neil’s info and the fact The Killers would be more Sunday crowd friendly I’m coming round to that idea. 

“Sorry we usually space our gigs out”

”I know, I know... but we have The Killers and they won’t scare the locals!”

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I think The Cure are Sunday and Killers Saturday. Tv crowd at home will be more into The Killers to bother tuning in whereas The Cure have easily enough hits for a Sunday crowd.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think The Cure are Sunday and Killers Saturday. Tv crowd at home will be more into The Killers to bother tuning in whereas The Cure have easily enough hits for a Sunday crowd.

Actually it would make more sense that The Cure weren’t up against The Prodigy 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I defo think the killer would be more local-friendly for sunday, just as I though the same for macca.

But I have conflicting info for days, with neither said as a solid thing and no real belief in either for different reasons. I'm not fixed on any day for either band.

19 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Jesus and imagine dragons. Not even sure I know an imagine dragons song. I'm sure I do but couldn't name it. What a let down for a 50th. 

ooo I really like Imagine Dragons - great memories for 4 years ago, saturday mid afternoon Other stage - but then again I'm a Killers fan so what do I know about music ;-)

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

ooo I really like Imagine Dragons - great memories for 4 years ago, saturday mid afternoon Other stage - but then again I'm a Killers fan so what do I know about music ?

I was really slagging them off per se, I was more juxtaposing the difference in the line up 50 years ago to today. Even with bands who could still play today it would still be a better show. 

10 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I saw the killers at Latitude last year. As someone says earlier it was pretty underwhelming, Very much Brandon Flowers doing his Las Vegas show act with a session band. Liam joined them on stage and he did his best but it was pretty cringeworthy.  I am not looking forward to this at all.........

I';ve seen the Killers probably 15 times and am a fan, and seriously Latitude was poor, the crowd was poor, Brandon was going through the motions, there was no atmosphere. Liam was slaughtered and its wasn;t good at all. The worst by far I have ever seen them. Brandon running off while the band is still playing at the end seriously p1sses me off, he used to go with his band at the end, say thank oyu to the crowd and wave and he seems to have turned into a diva who legs it off stage and lets his band finish off - just my interpretation

But I do love a band that comes forward at the end of the show, takes a bow all together and enjoys the moment

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I';ve seen the Killers probably 15 times and am a fan, and seriously Latitude was poor, the crowd was poor, Brandon was going through the motions, there was no atmosphere. Liam was slaughtered and its wasn;t good at all. The worst by far I have ever seen them. Brandon running off while the band is still playing at the end seriously p1sses me off, he used to go with his band at the end, say thank oyu to the crowd and wave and he seems to have turned into a diva who legs it off stage and lets his band finish off - just my interpretation

But I do love a band that comes forward at the end of the show, takes a bow all together and enjoys the moment

I saw them at Latitude last year too, and I thought they were brilliant... but I was baby free overnight for the first time since he was born, and therefore I was so smashed it could have been a Killers tribute band up there and I wouldn’t have noticed. 

Moral of the story: anything is good if you’re drunk enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

My first time at Latitude, was volunteering with Oxfam, and regarding the crowd I have to say crowd/atmosphere on the main stages was flat at best every time I was there or walked past. The whole thing is a bit ‘ersatz’, when compared to other festivals I have been to - inc G, Beautiful days, Kendall Calling, Bearded. It seemed to me that the Killers and Latitude deserved each other that night. I think I might be a bit unfair here but it is my abiding memory. Ho hum - will give it another go this year (Oxfam again)  to see if I am right. Everybody deserves a second chance ? ?

5 hours ago, Jake9502 said:

I think now I’m at peace with it being the killers and the bore (cure) I’m actually not too fussed about the next headliner announcement. I’m more excited for the poster drop with the undercard and some on the wow I wasn’t expecting them acts!!

That's more or less my position as well. I'm still holding out hope for a big pop act on at least one night, but far more interested in the undercard now.