2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

My 5yr old nephew loves imagine dragons and I make fun of him for it. It's like maroon 5 garbage. They're HUGE on the radio in Canada but it's awful awful pop shite. 

That’s harsh, my 6 yr old niece adores George Ezra but I can’t bring myself to rinse her for it. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

It really is just a sign of our times that we have The Killers and Imagine Dragons headlining the 50th anniversary of Woodstock. Its utterly depressing in comparison. 

Who cares? They’re just making a buck off the name. It’s not like the legacy of Woodstock is being tarnished here. The Isle of Wight 50th anniversary was last year and that had The Killers too. In fact why aren’t The Killers playing Glastonbury next year?

• Like 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Who cares? They’re just making a buck off the name. It’s not like the legacy of Woodstock is being tarnished here. The Isle of Wight 50th anniversary was last year and that had The Killers too. In fact why aren’t The Killers playing Glastonbury next year?

Thats kinda why it bugs me. A buck off the name. Doesn't really matter to me of course cos I would never have been attending regardless. 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Thats kinda why it bugs me. A buck off the name. Doesn't really matter to me of course cos I would never have been attending regardless. 

Well people would be going just for the name of it too, considering it’s 100+ miles from the historic site.

And it would be hard to actually run it in a Woodstock ‘69 and ‘99 type way where they book artists of the time, because there’d be boomers seething at all NBA YoungBoy and Trippie Redd and Doja Cat all over the bill. :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

My 5yr old nephew loves imagine dragons and I make fun of him for it. It's like maroon 5 garbage. They're HUGE on the radio in Canada but it's awful awful pop shite. 

Yeah, can confirm.   My 9yr old son plays hockey, and each week a different kid gets to pick the pre-game song.  It's mostly Imagine Dragons. Though, there's been a recent uptick in AC/DC selections which gives me hope for the future.

47 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

To be honest I think your nephew is ahead of the game at 5 years old. At least they’re a band and very popular amongst the teen/trendy demographic. 

Being 5 is no excuse!

I really came here to add another festival to the killers lineup. 

They're headlining every festival this year that they missed last year I think. 

Bluesfest (Ottawa) is the latest... the backstreet boys are also headlining... what is happening. 

I feel like someone has broken the timeline and I'm genuinely worried. 

Edited by MetaKate

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah, getting a bit tired of the wellies v hiking boots and what’s the best burger debates. 

But I have a very important question regarding whether I should buy a second special Glastonbury/general festival pair of my wonderful (waterproof and comfy) new Nellie Chukka Timberlands, or just commit to cleaning them after. They claim to be nubuck - does that do well in mud? And will the rainwater get in the top if I stand in a deep puddle? Does anyone have them in purple?

Surely these ARE the important discussions when we think a headline announcement is just going to be The Killers anyway :lol: It certainly seems like we're going to get a lot less traction from posting potential set-lists than we did with Radiohead....  

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

@deebeedoobee is doing a great job of keeping the secret mic night secret. If Michael's 'performing' there, in amongst the others, we may get something leaked out. Probably just confirm Rodney Branigan will be back.

It’s no secret. Yes Rodney Brannigan is there on Friday along with 5 other acts. One of which may involve the man himself. And no it’s not the vodka jellies or karaoke. In fact he has been rehearsing for Friday with a band! 

Of course if I had a t shirt with a rumoured headliner on it I could wear it and see what his reaction is. But most of my shirts are Grateful Dead t shirts.

4 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s no secret. Yes Rodney Brannigan is there on Friday along with 5 other acts. One of which may involve the man himself. And no it’s not the vodka jellies or karaoke. In fact he has been rehearsing for Friday with a band! 

Of course if I had a t shirt with a rumoured headliner on it I could wear it and see what his reaction is. But most of my shirts are Grateful Dead t shirts.

They're vintage streetwear now! You could be sat on a goldmine. 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Brandon Flowers actually has “available for 50th birthdays” printed on the business cards he hands out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1