2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Used to absolutely love RHCP, saw them a couple of times in 2011, just missed the boat on Frusciante which is a shame, but they put on a couple of decent shows (for a fan at least)! Knebworth especially was great, don't know if they'd be any good now but there are certainly better alternatives, they undoubtably could fill a setlist with familiar hits though

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Why do people cry when I have a pop at bands they like?

I don't like RHCP at all just find it bizarre that it would evoke such strong reactions from someone. Literally saw you doing it yesterday on the Other Stage thread and then saying you don't do it.

Can't wait for The Killers to play n you to be livid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I don't like RHCP at all just find it bizarre that it would evoke such strong reactions from someone. Literally saw you doing it yesterday on the Other Stage thread and then saying you don't do it.

Can't wait for The Killers to play n you to be livid.

From yesterday...

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

No no. Definitely interested in seeing The Cure and I’ve said a few times that I’m perfectly happy to see The Killers if nothing else takes my fancy.

Yes I have a pop at a few (and it's always the same four or five), but then who doesn't on here? It would be pretty boring if everyone either liked the same things or just said "well they're not for me but I respect them as musicians" or some such lame shite. Why are people so precious about it? Part of the fun of this forum, and being a music fan in general, is slagging off the stuff you don't like. Do you think I'd genuinely prefer to see Di's funeral up there or was I just exaggerating for comic effect? Do you see me crying when someone has a dig at something I like?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

From yesterday...

Yes I have a pop at a few (and it's always the same four or five), but then who doesn't on here? It would be pretty boring if everyone either liked the same things or just said "well they're not for me but I respect them as musicians" or some such lame shite. Why are people so precious about it? Part of the fun of this forum, and being a music fan in general, is slagging off the stuff you don't like. Do you think I'd genuinely prefer to see Di's funeral up there or was I just exaggerating for comic effect? Do you see me crying when someone has a dig at something I like?

It's weird isn't it? There's a couple of people who get super upset about RHCP specifically I've noticed. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Totally agree it would be boring if everyone liked the same thing that's exactly my point, imagine you'd just joined this site n wanted to know if Courtneers or Catfish or whoever you liked where possibly playing this year. Can tell you for sure the person would be shot down immediately. Contrast that to if Radiohead ar mentioned it'll turn into a 10 page discussion on how great they are.

It's off-putting for newer/lurking users. And no, before you say it again, im not crying about it just making a point.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Totally agree it would be boring if everyone liked the same thing that's exactly my point, imagine you'd just joined this site n wanted to know if Courtneers or Catfish or whoever you liked where possibly playing this year. Can tell you for sure the person would be shot down immediately. Contrast that to if Radiohead ar mentioned it'll turn into a 10 page discussion on how great they are.

It's off-putting for newer/lurking users. And no, before you say it again, im not crying about it just making a point.

Fecking Radiohead....! There back catalogue is the musical equivalent of Princess Di's funeral..

but yes, you are correct, there is far too much unnecessary slagging off of bands on here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah what happened to him? Occasionally he drops in for a browse, but tantalisingly left on 19,999 posts.

I still think he's saving his big 20,000 for the Nick Cave headline confirmation.

No idea. Same goes for Scruffylovemonster whose username just disappeared too. Would love to know.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah what happened to him? Occasionally he drops in for a browse, but tantalisingly left on 19,999 posts.

I still think he's saving his big 20,000 for the Nick Cave headline confirmation.

Just need a post that suggests Adele's right with her view on taxes, Floyd not headlining in 2008 instead of Kings of Leon was a good thing and a huge Nick Cave dis and I think it'd be enough to bait him out of retirement.

22 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Fecking Radiohead....! There back catalogue is the musical equivalent of Princess Di's funeral..

Radiohead are an abomination. They disappeared up their own arses around 20 years ago and I find it almost unbelievable that people tolerate them. I hate them nearly as much as I hate Mumford & Sons.

• Upvote 2