2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 hours ago, tumbles said:

Sun out after couple of shite wet days, Elbow, Chems, Orbital in Arcadia and Sunrise on stone circle. Hoping for some sort of Orbital and Chems sat night this time around.

I hope the Chems are Friday or Saturday, as I tend to leave on the Sunday night and that isn't a gig I want to be sober for! Didn't someone on here have info that Orbital were Friday headliners?

Edited by vintagelaureate

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

The Jacksons were awful. Worst headliner I've seen at Glastonbury.

I must have been absolutely fucked because I loved it. Was it Alt J on the other stage that night?  Whoever it was, even to my easy going pissed up ears was much worse than the Jacksons.

i couldn’t get through the pyramid masses but foos did sound ok

20 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

I must have been absolutely fucked because I loved it. Was it Alt J on the other stage that night?  Whoever it was, even to my easy going pissed up ears was much worse than the Jacksons.

Hang on, did you see three headliners that night?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, did you see three headliners that night?

Watched father John Misty in JP then got a bit lost and ended up walking down a field of tents by the pyramid. Walked across an empty other stage field and ended up at west holts when initially aiming for the park.

heard some foos, saw whoever was on other as I went past and ended up at Jackson’s.

Good night all round 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

It was Alt-J, playing to an almost empty field. We watched the Jackson for a bit then wandered up to Arcadia and back down to the Other Stage where we pretty much strolled up to the edge of the stage! We had a great night but were absolutely exhausted! Didn’t see any of the Foos, which was exactly as planned. 

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I hope the Chems are Friday or Saturday, as I tend to leave on the Sunday night and that isn't a gig I want to be sober for! Didn't someone on here have info that Orbital were Friday headliners?

I tend to leave Sunday too. Friday night would be awesome. I still think they’d smash West Holts 

4 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I tend to leave Sunday too. Friday night would be awesome. I still think they’d smash West Holts 

I am always surprised how many people go Sunday daytime etc . I never really understand why as look forward to it all year why would you cut it short . Even that long drive home tired and in need of a shower feels part of the experience to me 

3 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

I am always surprised how many people go Sunday daytime etc . I never really understand why as look forward to it all year why would you cut it short . Even that long drive home tired and in need of a shower feels part of the experience to me 

Some people have no choice due to work and family commitments etc. For me, I always leave very early Monday morning, just out of choice, around 6am (I'm home in bed by 9am which I love!).

2 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Same.

Everyone's situation is different I guess but I look forward to it that much, I wanna be there for the maximum time possible and make sure have the annual leave off in advance etc

I have a friend wanting to go Wednesday night this time, absolutely no chance. I haven't been sat waiting for 2 years to miss a day of the festival!

1 hour ago, sime said:

Some people have no choice due to work and family commitments etc. For me, I always leave very early Monday morning, just out of choice, around 6am (I'm home in bed by 9am which I love!).

Yes we always leave very early Monday morning too which means a fairly sensible Sunday night (we normally sit and have a drink by the cider bus after the Sunday headliner and then take a slow wander back to our tent). We normally end up getting home around 2pm on the Monday, then we shower and make ourselves vaguely presentable and head back out in the car to collect the dog (and from this year also the baby!) from my parents house and back home in time for dinner. Then it’s bedtime ready for back to work on the Tuesday. 

The first year we went we drank hard on the Sunday and then ended up not leaving site until later on the Monday, and ended up being stuck in traffic getting out of the car park and then it was slow going all the way to the motorway and ended up not getting home until 8pm. It’s just not worth it, I always feel happy with an early finish Sunday as long as I know I’ve made the most of Wednesday - Saturday!!

2 hours ago, sime said:

We stay in East CV (arrive tuesday afternoon) and look to leave by 7am monday... (with a stop it is probably 6 hours till home). Tried leaving after Sundays headliner once but the drive was a killer...

Having Jonelle Monae as a headliner may make my 'sober sunday' a little more difficult this year.

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I would agree .. but think that for me it was down to sound issues where I was stood rather than the performance 

Agreed, we were there, left after 20mins, stood just to the side of the sound desk, could hardly hear a thing & what we could hear just sounded rough.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The schlep back to Edinburgh on the Monday is a gruelling motherfucker that ages me at least 5 years every time I attempt it.

Oh god. This will be the first year I attempt that (albeit to Glasgow). I'm not looking forward to it one bit.... A fine balance needs to be found between totally knackering myself out so I'm sparko for the whole journey and not getting so obliterated that I'm vomiting into a bag the whole way....

3 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Pre-coach days we used to leave sunday night, but pack up the car on the sunday afternoon. to our neighbours it would have looked like we had left during the afternoon, I suspect a lot do the same.

these days we get to drink all sunday because our coach tends to be one of the later ones to depart on the monday

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god. This will be the first year I attempt that (albeit to Glasgow). I'm not looking forward to it one bit.... A fine balance needs to be found between totally knackering myself out so I'm sparko for the whole journey and not getting so obliterated that I'm vomiting into a bag the whole way....

EasyJet is your friend.  

But even then the shuttle bus - taxi - flight combo is brutal with a bad hangover.

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

One huge advantage of public transport - all you have to do on Monday is drag your carcass on to the coach and sleep all the way home. 

I did the coach in 2016 and going in was a nightmare took about 14 hours. But on the way back was an absolute dream, slept all the way to Gloucester services got a sausage butty and drink then slept all the way back home, was showered and in bed at 2pm.  

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

EasyJet is your friend.  

But even then the shuttle bus - taxi - flight combo is brutal with a bad hangover.

Bristol Airport has a particularly bad vibe on the Monday, I think actually prefer being trapped on a bus for a day than the extra admin and bad juju that comes with the flight.

The service part way up the M5 are a joy. Zombies. Zombies everywhere. 

They're pretty well organised, loads of staff on at Maccies and the rest, someone constantly sweeping/mopping up the mud, the murmers of joy as people use a proper toilet then wash their hands with warm water for the first time in a week. Then the shocked gasps as they clock themselves in the mirror for the first time. 

The approving looks from the other clientele always a highlight.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The service part way up the M5 are a joy. Zombies. Zombies everywhere. 

They're pretty well organised, loads of staff on at Maccies and the rest, someone constantly sweeping/mopping up the mud, the murmers of joy as people use a proper toilet then wash their hands with warm water for the first time in a week. Then the shocked gasps as they clock themselves in the mirror for the first time. 

The approving looks from the other clientele always a highlight.

Love the services stop on the way home. It's like a zombie apocalypse. The looks we get from "normal" folk about to start another week at work are priceless