2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

10 minutes ago, Phil Tramp said:

The Sun on Sunday says Janet Jackson has signed up to headline this year.

The S*n on S*nday bases itself upon rumours and she a) won’t be big enough to headline the pyramid and b) Neil has information to say it will be Stormzy, The Cure and The Killers. That paper does have a good record with Glastonbury and I reckon she will turn up, maybe sub. But not headline. 

25 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The S*n on S*nday bases itself upon rumours and she a) won’t be big enough to headline the pyramid and b) Neil has information to say it will be Stormzy, The Cure and The Killers. That paper does have a good record with Glastonbury and I reckon she will turn up, maybe sub. But not headline. 

Could she not be playing the Pyramid?

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I said sub, that’s the pyramid. I didn’t say she couldn’t. I reckon it’s pyramid or nothing tbh

Aye I know. She could headline but not the Pyramid, she's 3rd at best and I don't want to think she could sub. Like who is going to turn at to watch her sub?, it's a definite that you could put Ariana or Miley in that place and people will care more but the same could be said for Nick Cave.

Edited by thewayiam

If they were to get Janet, it would be a massive deal. She’s played in the UK three times in the past 20 years, and obviously never done a UK festival. By the time The Jacksons were playing, they were playing anywhere and everywhere. She would have to go on Pyramid, for publicity reasons for one.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

18 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

If they were to get Janet, it would be a massive deal.

Really? I'm not doubting her success, but her booking would be more 'here's someone for you to swat up on' than 'here's someone we'll know you'll enjoy'.

Edited by kalifire

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I will receive my judgement as I couldn't .... maybe fortunately :) 

There was 2 different sound problems.

Firstly, that anyone in the back half of the field could barely hear anything.

Secondly though, even if you made it to the front part and could hear it, the vocals were mixed so low that they might as well have not been there.

Hugely disappointing.

8 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

If they were to get Janet, it would be a massive deal. She’s played in the UK three times in the past 20 years, and obviously never done a UK festival. By the time The Jacksons were playing, they were playing anywhere and everywhere. She would have to go on Pyramid, for publicity reasons for one.

But no one would see it as massive I doubt?, she did however tour here back when she was something big enough to be at least 3rd Pyramid and being American may well push her to sub. Many others I'd rather have mind as unless you're old enough to really know her it's not a big deal.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Really? I'm not doubting her success, but her booking would be more 'here's someone for you to swat up on' than 'here's someone we'll know you'll enjoy'.

That may be right, it’ll still be a massive deal though. The attention it’s got already shows it. It’s already been in national press several times and not even be confirmed yet. Regardless of how good her performance is, I suspect her name on the poster will get the most reaction to it, especially if the other two headliners are as rumoured.

37 minutes ago, incident said:

There was 2 different sound problems.

Firstly, that anyone in the back half of the field could barely hear anything.

Secondly though, even if you made it to the front part and could hear it, the vocals were mixed so low that they might as well have not been there.

Hugely disappointing.

I was on the front barrier and the sound was dreadful there. So looking forward to see some of my idols from my childhood. Wish I was at the Foos now.