2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

All that had been announced before that point were Rokia Traore, Nas, Disclosure, Hot Natured, David Rodigan, SubFocus, Aluna George, Eats Everything, Rudimental and The Congos. So we got all 3 headliners and loads of others, more than has been on recent posters, all at the same time.

Interesting. I think from memory AM were ‘confirmed’ on here prior so it wasn’t a shock - and people were by this point expecting the Stones (if slightly nervous it wouldn’t ever happen) but people were still unsure about Mumford until that evening

Edited by strummer77

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Interesting. I think from memory AM were ‘confirmed’ on here prior so it wasn’t a shock - and people were by this point expecting the Stones (if slightly nervous it wouldn’t ever happen) but people were still unsure about Mumford until that evening

Sounds right but officially it all came out on the 27th March at 7pm. I had thought it was Radio 1, not Absolute as someone said further up, poster dropped at the same time. I remember sitting on my bed, laptop on, radio on, texting mates and watching eFests explode.

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sounds right but officially it all came out on the 27th March at 7pm. I had thought it was Radio 1, not Absolute as someone said further up, poster dropped at the same time. I remember sitting on my bed, laptop on, radio on, texting mates and watching eFests explode.

Was definitely on Radio 1 

The 2013 headliners thread only got to 459 pages before the headliners were announced.

Bloody amateurs.

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What was the reaction like to The Stones being confirmed?

The confirmation came in at page 108 of the dedicated Stones thread.

Edited by Gnomicide

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The usual mix. A lot of folk chuffed, a lot of folk going "Is it just me that isn't interested / the Pyramid's for squares anyway".

I think the reaction was a lot more positive than usual to be fair. Nobody really could say the booking wasn’t justified. The negative comments were more questions surrounding whether they were still any good live and would they live up to the hype (and it turned out, they could) 

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

My FB memories for today showed that U2/Coldplay/Beyoncé line up/poster dropped for 2011.

That early?? Thought it was normally April (apart from the last few years when it’s been late March)

Just looked at the thingy..... all hail the thingy! The last 2 have been announced 29th and 30th March with the 2 before that being the 14th and 4th April.  Another 4/5 weeks to go then. 

Edited by sisco

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

That early?? Thought it was normally April (apart from the last few years when it’s been late March)

Just looked at the thingy..... all hail the thingy! The last 2 have been announced 29th and 30th March with the 2 before that being the 14th and 4th April.  Another 4/5 weeks to go then. 

Well I’m concluding from my status as I’ve mentioned Elbow confirmed and then also mentioned U2/Coldplay and Beyoncé attending on the replies. Maybe it was just the headliners confirmed ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

My FB memories for today showed that U2/Coldplay/Beyoncé line up/poster dropped for 2011.

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

They'd all been announced in February. The poster came out on 14rh April.

Screenshot_20190303-100443_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a30e6c56cd9137e93aaf350ab45d94f4.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20190303-100443_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a30e6c56cd9137e93aaf350ab45d94f4.jpg

Nice one - so Elbow must of be one of the 13 I guess. Can’t recall the chems being announced same day but probably were. God I loved that Sat night in 2011

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Nice one - so Elbow must of be one of the 13 I guess. Can’t recall the chems being announced same day but probably were. God I loved that Sat night in 2011

They weren't.  I only have official announcements though so it may have been a self confirm.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/more-line-up-announced/

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I remember U2 were heavily rumoured after not doing 2010. Then they dropped a massive hint (pretty much confirmation) on their website way before tickets went on sale. Probably the only time I’ve ever been 100% sure a headliner playing. People connected to the band knew and it got out. Doesn’t seem like that’s happened since then