2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

52 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Let me grab you some straws :D

Nah dude you just misunderstood the conversation. @zoomusicgirl said Metallica was listed as TBC on the poster. I said I've never seen TBC on a poster. Then we talked about special guests and I said I couldn't remember specific posters. Lucky I love you.

Edited by Superscally

A lot of people been mentioning Foals for Other headliners.

Are they definitely not big enough to headline Pyramid? They can’t  be far off and with new album out before the fest I reckon they’d go down really well.

I think now that Stormzy has been announced it makes it even more unlikely but if he hadn’t I could see them headlining one night with two older/more established artists making up the headline trio

18 minutes ago, Beeefy said:

Are they definitely not big enough to headline Pyramid? They can’t  be far off and with new album out before the fest I reckon they’d go down really well.

I think now that Stormzy has been announced it makes it even more unlikely but if he hadn’t I could see them headlining one night with two older/more established artists making up the headline trio

I think they’d go down well as an announcement - they seem really popular now on social media and a lot of people want to see them make it. Just doesn’t correspond with what Emily and Nick think would be a good move I guess.

They’re definitely not headlining this year’s if they’re taking the Noel trail around fests. I think we have our Other headliners pretty much sorted but there’s space for them to sub Pyramid again.

Edited by dentalplan

18 minutes ago, Beeefy said:

No. Foals don't pass the Mum Test.

46 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nah dude you just misunderstood the conversation. @zoomusicgirl said Metallica was listed as TBC on the poster. I said I've never seen TBC on a poster. Then we talked about special guests and I said I couldn't remember specific posters. Lucky I love you.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Re: Foals. I really can’t see Glastonbury having the same headliner with Truck Festival.

You know the board has tired when this is even talked about. If they are going to do that then Idles may as well get the bump up too and play 500 festivals plus headline Glastonbury 

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We’ve reached that time of year where impatience starts to creep in. Without wishing to generalise it’s always the younger, less experienced posters who start. Those of us who’ve done this a few times know this always how it is.

Still another month I reckon.

Isn’t the payment window 1-7 April (or very close to those dates).

It would be unusual to be just after, or in and around a resale date wouldn’t it?, so would be at the end of April onwards (welp, but can’t see that), and given the fallow year, the structure would have been in place more than other years for an earlier drop, like 2013, you would assume.

I can see them wanting to do it before the week of Brexit media washout... 

18-21 March - gives enough time for media attention and reminding people to get the £200-odd together to pay off.

But then again, my ‘logic’ can mean fk all in the grand scheme of things now. 

Gaga is coming. 

5 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Yep. So the Stones and Mumford were basically announced at the same time

All that had been announced before that point were Rokia Traore, Nas, Disclosure, Hot Natured, David Rodigan, SubFocus, Aluna George, Eats Everything, Rudimental and The Congos. So we got all 3 headliners and loads of others, more than has been on recent posters, all at the same time.