2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Expecting some downvotes for this BUT Calvin Harris could headline the Pyramid. It would look epic for the generic Glasto goers & would probably be a change in direction for a headliner type act. He could bring on plenty of special guests if he didn’t go full DJ mode & he would surely know the importance of doing it.

Other stage headliner would be better though.

Would prefer Daft Punk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

Expecting some downvotes for this BUT Calvin Harris could headline the Pyramid. It would look epic for the generic Glasto goers & would probably be a change in direction for a headliner type act. He could bring on plenty of special guests if he didn’t go full DJ mode & he would surely know the importance of doing it.

Other stage headliner would be better though.

Would prefer Daft Punk.

It could happen if there was an emphasis on the live show, but I still think it’d be more suited to the Other. Daft Punk are the only DJs that come to mind that could do the pyramid. 

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How is Reading and Leeds bad? One of the biggest rock bands of the current period, a band that won two BRITS and sold out a arena tour which had nothing but dazzling reviews and a great set design and a co-headline of acts that have sold out arena tours, in demand. Post Malone sold £80 plus tickets and Twenty One Pilots are very popular amongst the current RandL crowd. For me and many others RandL have smashed it out the park with what they have compared to last year and is the best lineup released so far.

Personally, I think it is pretty average, not bad; definitely better than last year. One good headliner (Foos), One Average (1975) and two poor (Post Malone and Twenty-One Pilots). It suits the R+L demographic and that is fine but it would be underwhelming if each of bands headlined Glastonbury over a period of 2-3 years, nevermind all in the same year. I'd rather have the (rumoured) Glastonbury headliners than the ones at R+L though.

Post Malone? I'd have a lot more respect if he performed rather than basically mime.

Edited by beau1

This is probably irrelevant but gonna throw it out there just in case it isn't. There's been heavy rumours overnight that Taylor Swift's new album will be released in mid-April which could bring her back into the frame if true. I had originally ruled this possibility out due to the fact that she's currently not touring and her albums normally get released in the autumn but she has got a new record company so could be mixing things up with releases. Not to mention the fact that she's currently in the UK filming Cats and could easily stick around a bit after filming ends in order to headline/play Glasto.

It's probably more hopeful than anything but thought I'd mention it just in case. 

2 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

This is probably irrelevant but gonna throw it out there just in case it isn't. There's been heavy rumours overnight that Taylor Swift's new album will be released in mid-April which could bring her back into the frame if true. I had originally ruled this possibility out due to the fact that she's currently not touring and her albums normally get released in the autumn but she has got a new record company so could be mixing things up with releases. Not to mention the fact that she's currently in the UK filming Cats and could easily stick around a bit after filming ends in order to headline/play Glasto.

It's probably more hopeful than anything but thought I'd mention it just in case. 

Paging Martin Ashford...

6 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

she's currently in the UK filming Cats and could easily stick around a bit after filming ends in order to headline/play Glasto.

I would have thought that this is a reason why she couldn't do it, she'll not have been playing or rehearsing so not ready to do a big show like Glasto.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I would have thought that this is a reason why she couldn't do it, she'll not have been playing or rehearsing so not ready to do a big show like Glasto.

Depends on when the filming finishes I s'pose. If the album's coming out April then I'd imagine filming may have finished by that point or at the very least not much left and she has been known to put together a big show in a short space of time, especially between an album release and the tour, so wouldn't be beyond all realms of possibility. 

I'm note saying it's definitely gonna be her just that she could be an option. 

Have been thinking about the headliners over the weekend.. and sparked a conversation with some of my friends, wonder what people think.

It seems like a lot of festivals are having pretty fallow years, and we were wondering if it’s due to the state of modern music. The UK charts are almost exclusively filled with grime/hip hop/rap acts + a few mega pop acts (Ariana Grande etc) 

It seems that music isn’t really producing festival style acts at the moment, and the ones that could do festivals wouldn’t really “fit in” at Glastonbury/ other “rock” festivals.

On top of this, I get the sense that even the pop/ RnB acts that are coming through at the moment don’t really seem to have a massive drive to play glasto. Perhaps the American ones now see coachella as an easier alternative.

Do we think Glasto needs to embrace the change a little? Previous mentions of Post-Malone etc made me think... he’s an artist who’s had critical success, as well as a very successful album, yet if he were to even sub glasto would probably receive great backlash... 

Unless the festival embraces modern style of music surely we’re going to have some fallow years to follow also?

3 minutes ago, Jupperrs said:

Have been thinking about the headliners over the weekend.. and sparked a conversation with some of my friends, wonder what people think.

It seems like a lot of festivals are having pretty fallow years, and we were wondering if it’s due to the state of modern music. The UK charts are almost exclusively filled with grime/hip hop/rap acts + a few mega pop acts (Ariana Grande etc) 

It seems that music isn’t really producing festival style acts at the moment, and the ones that could do festivals wouldn’t really “fit in” at Glastonbury/ other “rock” festivals.

On top of this, I get the sense that even the pop/ RnB acts that are coming through at the moment don’t really seem to have a massive drive to play glasto. Perhaps the American ones now see coachella as an easier alternative.

Do we think Glasto needs to embrace the change a little? Previous mentions of Post-Malone etc made me think... he’s an artist who’s had critical success, as well as a very successful album, yet if he were to even sub glasto would probably receive great backlash... 

Unless the festival embraces modern style of music surely we’re going to have some fallow years to follow also?

Post Malone can fuck so far off...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2