2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I'll give a few set of headliners for the ones that keep repeating there are no big inspiring acts around.

Ariana Grande / Arctic Monkeys / McCartney

Drake / Gaga / Muse

Troll set: The Carters / Daft Punk / FM

A couple more acts to fill: Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala or even Calvin Harris.

AM looking like nothings planned. Fleetwood Mac charge too much, Gaga is on a Vegas residency, Drake is touring and would charge too much based on what he has charged for the tour, Muse are playing there own gigs, Ariana is playing her own gigs likewise McCartney. Kendrick is making his own music, Impala are 99% headlining the Other Stage and Calvin Harris wouldn’t headline Glastonbury. 

That’s why they aren’t playing aside from Impala who are headlining the Other Stage.

EDIT: For the record, I’m all for Daft Punk

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

AM looking like nothings planned. Fleetwood Mac charge too much, Gaga is on a Vegas residency, Drake is touring and would charge too much based on what he has charged for the tour, Muse are playing there own gigs, Ariana is playing her own gigs likewise McCartney. Kendrick is making his own music, Impala are 99% headlining the Other Stage and Calvin Harris wouldn’t headline Glastonbury. 

That’s why they aren’t playing aside from Impala who are headlining the Other Stage.

EDIT: For the record, I’m all for Daft Punk

I know the rationality behind why they are not playing but it all comes down to money. I wouldn't say there is a problem of big inspiring acts being available but them being within glasto budget / attraction. 

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know the rationality behind why they are not playing but it all comes down to money. I wouldn't say there is a problem of big inspiring acts being available but them being within glasto budget / attraction. 

I agree but Impala more than likely has been booked, I see that as a level headliner with a Stormzy. Seeing Impala, Killers and Cure would be too bad as headliners. Then Silver Hayes after the headliners. Better headliners could of been booked but I don’t find it that bad.

32 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I'll give a few set of headliners for the ones that keep repeating there are no big inspiring acts around.

Ariana Grande / Arctic Monkeys / McCartney

Drake / Gaga / Muse

Troll set: The Carters / Daft Punk / FM

A couple more acts to fill: Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala or even Calvin Harris.

Wait, is that supposed to support the argument?

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rihanna / Swizzle / Elton / Guns'n'Roses / Queen

Though realistically in 2020 I think we're looking at Coldplay and a reformed Blur or Pulp

Forgot about Elton but then there's reason to not expect the rest, and even Elton there's one last chance to secure. I think Depeche Mode are in the festival's future, so is Gaga, but probably also Green Day and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Was gonna throw Kendrick in there too but forgot that he charges the GDP of a small country per show.

But, I think Emily has said again this year that she's looking to bring the focus away from the main stages, and with the site changes I think there might be something in it. So in a few years' time, it could easily not be a problem if the privilege of headlining the Pyramid is no longer the golden goose that it was.

1 minute ago, beau1 said:

If people think Glastonbury have an underwhelming m set of headliners then they need to look at the likes of R+L, IOW and TRNSMT.

How is Reading and Leeds bad? One of the biggest rock bands of the current period, a band that won two BRITS and sold out a arena tour which had nothing but dazzling reviews and a great set design and a co-headline of acts that have sold out arena tours, in demand. Post Malone sold £80 plus tickets and Twenty One Pilots are very popular amongst the current RandL crowd. For me and many others RandL have smashed it out the park with what they have compared to last year and is the best lineup released so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How is Reading and Leeds bad? One of the biggest rock bands of the current period, a band that won two BRITS and sold out a arena tour which had nothing but dazzling reviews and a great set design and a co-headline of acts that have sold out arena tours, in demand. Post Malone sold £80 plus tickets and Twenty One Pilots are very popular amongst the current RandL crowd. For me and many others RandL have smashed it out the park with what they have compared to last year and is the best lineup released so far.

This is a fair argument.

I'm not sure you can say that it's the BEST lineup released so far but Reading & Leeds have definitely booked headliners that suit their current demographic. There's a lot of festivals out there not taking the same level of intelligence in identifying their audience and they will struggle long-term. 

36 minutes ago, beau1 said:

If people think Glastonbury have an underwhelming m set of headliners then they need to look at the likes of R+L, IOW and TRNSMT.

I totally agree with that. I’m more than happy with the cure and the killers if it’s them. There’s nothing else realistically I want that I can see playing. IOW this year is a real let down although it’s priced as a mid size festival this year. I do think for Glastonbury the support for the headline slots and the other stage will make up for it and will be very strong all the way down the line up

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Has gaga been ruled out by anything other than the killers-cure strong rumour? I was so sure it was gonna be her and it would be perfick!

There's never really been anything to suggest she's playing apart from a gap in her Vegas residency schedule and blind hope. I don't think she has any other shows lined up between then. Personally, having seen her show a bunch of times (including last year) I don't think there's anyone more suited to gracing that Pyramid on a Saturday night

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They very much have before and I only like one this year but I agree it's a strong set for the fest.