2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

48 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

Oh you bet they do go to concerts. And not just that - they buy those overpriced lightbulbs that flash during the show and tons and tons of other merch. I even read they had to put extra restrictions on as to how early you can come to the venue because people would camp there for days ahead.

And though they need to shift 80,000 tickets, first you need to divide it by two because most of the fans will need to bring along a parent. And second they only have two European shows announced so far which could get a lot of international fans (I hate to admit it but me inclusive) to come over.

K-pop at Glasto and other major festival is bound to happen at some point, probably just not this year.

It’s great to see actual diversity in the pop scene. Also acts gaining success through singing in their own language and not translating just to have a crack at a western audience. 

For too long crowds here have neglected any music that isn’t sang in English. It definitely proves that culture is moving forward!

21 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Dogshit is harsh I think, but aye, they’re bang average. He’s been largely back on form since the album tour started though, so it’s swings and roundabouts. 

With the greatest of respect, an average band can play LG's set without too much bother.  Also, nobody's looking at the band

3 hours ago, Username taken said:

With the new mooted Killers / Cure headline thinking, are we now suggesting that the Strokes rumours were dud?  Or are we looking at a secret set / Other headliner?

rumours aren't dud, they're likely doing the same secret set they were lined up for in 2010

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No one gives a fuck about the songs on that album though. It’s all about him calling Noel a potato on Twitter.

This. I've not listened to a single song from his solo output but I'm all over his sub-headliner set. Not cos of the Twitter shite, but for the Oasis sing along. Never saw Oasis live and reckon it'd be a great atmosphere. Not saying he's a must see in any situation but out of all the touring acts I can't see anyone who'd be playing at that time that'd drag me away.

Liam subbing The Killers is the counterweight to whoever was there to criticise the Stormzy booking. 

Aside from the Janet rumour which im not sold on, any ideas of who could be due to sub Friday and Sunday? Im sold on Tame Impala and Chems on the other but enjoy a good pyramid sub when the suns going down so be nice to catch someone if I don’t get a chance to see Liam due to Chems/Tame being on the Saturday. 

Cant lie but Pharrell was a proper party in 2015, weather was cracking the flags. Loved The xx before Radiohead too, it was great seeing them play Loud Places in a state of ecstasy could you say!

41 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Never saw Oasis live and reckon it'd be a great atmosphere. Not saying he's a must see in any situation but out of all the touring acts I can't see anyone who'd be playing at that time that'd drag me away.

To be honest, Liam solo is probably going to be a better atmosphere than most Oasis gigs for about the last 10 years that they existed as a band.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There's still time for Cardle to pull it back.

Didn't he quit and go back to his day job like 9 months in because he hit the skids so badly?

God I remember that guy being such a w*nker. He was going around saying he was a serious rock man because he had tattoos and a beard and sang a Biffy Clyro song, and all X Factor types were trash and he wasn't like them, they were all Hannah Montana and he was so credible he could maybe make it into Q Magazine one day. And then it was like well done for insulting your entire fanbase, genius, now you've got no career.

• Upvote 1