2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's complete and utter shit. The kind of act to turn to when Ed Sheeran is too edgy.

haha!  That Ed Sheeran eh?  With his unkempt hair and tattoos!  He doesn't even tuck his shirt in and his guitar is held together by gaffer tape.

Much safer to listen to that lovely turned out Ezra fellow, he seems like a good egg and a positive influence for the children.

2 hours ago, beau1 said:

I meant do we actually have confirmation that Robert Smith is actually appearing on R6 on Monday....

The original poster wasn't sure if that was what they had heard.

Sorry Beau, it was me that posted and I can't be 100% sure as I caught the tail end of what she said and it was to a background of the industrial machinery at work but i'm pretty certain that was what she said. I'll try and find it if I get time. I was hoping someone else here heard it properly and could confirm.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

are you suggesting a pattern...? :unsure::blink: 

There is no pattern. :P 

5 hours ago, mufcok said:

Dare I say if that is an announcement on Monday, there is a February headliner announcement pattern starting to emerge.. 

The Thingy has a new page to help with such conundrums. Introducing the When Does page...

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

With stuff like this...

Screenshot_20190220-220247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f146b29350d8cc2d8b1b9ac9b88e2355.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Because she’s not as big as she once was and her legacy is only enough to carry her to a prominent slot away from the top end of the bill? Dunno why you’re asking me, she’s clearly not headlining after all.

Maybe she will draw a bigger crowd in a traditional 4pm slot than the Killers will at 10pm but you’re out of touch with the world if you think people just aren’t gonna show up to see The Killers, who are a pretty much the go-to festival headline act in the UK.

I didn't say that, but I reckon more would show to Kylie... 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Kylie will attract a massive crowd, all ages, folk up for a party. The Killers would also be  huge, their appeal is wide.

I think Kylie and The Killers will have similar, but Liam pulling a bigger crowd that both won't be a shock and if Dua Lipa is there she will have a huge crowd, to be if she gets 3 strong albums out she'll headline, I think she'll sub Reading next year.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think Kylie and The Killers will have similar, but Liam pulling a bigger crowd that both won't be a shock and if Dua Lipa is there she will have a huge crowd, to be if she gets 3 strong albums out she'll headline, I think she'll sub Reading next year.

Actually getting quite excited about this year, just as much as we have been in the past. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Four sentences for the price of one!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Sorry Beau, it was me that posted and I can't be 100% sure as I caught the tail end of what she said and it was to a background of the industrial machinery at work but i'm pretty certain that was what she said. I'll try and find it if I get time. I was hoping someone else here heard it properly and could confirm.

No worries mate. Thanks for clarifying a bit. Hopefully you heard right!

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Don't 6 music normally announce their own festival thing about this time of year?

If Robert Smith is doing Lauren Laverne's show is it possibly to announce that?

I think they just said on 6 music that they're announcing the lineup of their fest on Lauren's show on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sunday 28th seems the most likely to me. The14th might be a little close to the balance window closing (although I see precedent above) and the 21st is Easter Sunday, which won't happen.

I'd agree with this, Easter is usually actively avoided. Wonder if thats due to the fact i's a bank holiday and See would have lots of staff off? Imagine they would need a lot of people in to deal with the demand. 

7 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'd agree with this, Easter is usually actively avoided. Wonder if thats due to the fact i's a bank holiday and See would have lots of staff off? Imagine they would need a lot of people in to deal with the demand. 

There's probably a few reasons why not but you're right, it's never been Easter Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

They'd have to pay people more as it's classed as a bank holiday would be the main reason I'd wager. Plus there's the whole Jesus business...