2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Listen to that Fleetwood Mac question and answer for yourselves.

01:50:49

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002m9f

Hmmm, difficult to say either way. He might just prefer that people bought tickets to their Wembley show first or he might be playing it down very well. The Killers rumour still doesn't sit right with me and I'm still of the belief that there's something relatively unexpected up their sleeve. Maybe Fleetwood Mac is it? 

I'm kinda starting to wonder if The Strokes are subbing Stormzy. Grimmy had info they were playing and there really isnt anywhere else other than a secret set they could fit in (assuming that his info is correct). Would keep rock fans happier too.

However I they are headlining everywhere else they are playing. I dunno maybe this will become the new Cure headlining the Other stage but just something I considered

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hmmm, difficult to say either way. He might just prefer that people bought tickets to their Wembley show first or he might be playing it down very well. The Killers rumour still doesn't sit right with me and I'm still of the belief that there's something relatively unexpected up their sleeve. Maybe Fleetwood Mac is it? 

Not too much given away there. He actively avoids answering the question by talking about the heartbreakers and then Wembley. The Killers talk seems very strange to me too.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm kinda starting to wonder if The Strokes are subbing Stormzy. Grimmy had info they were playing and there really isnt anywhere else other than a secret set they could fit in (assuming that his info is correct). Would keep rock fans happier too.

However I they are headlining everywhere else they are playing. I dunno maybe this will become the new Cure headlining the Other stage but just something I considered

My sources tell me The Cure are likely to be headlining the band stand.

34 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Listen to that Fleetwood Mac question and answer for yourselves.

01:50:49

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002m9f

Keaveny’s usual buffoonery shortly after makes any considered interpretation nigh on impossible. Don’t know why he didn’t quash any rumours there and then, but then again it’s not his fault there are people like us over-analysing such utterances.

Quick, release the lineup now so that even if it’s not stupendous  it’ll look like the greatest lineup ever next to TRNSMT.

5 minutes ago, blazingstars said:

Is the Sunday night headliner usually 'the biggest'? Or is that not a thing?

Saturday is usually thought to be the biggie, although obviously it all depends on what days each acts can play so it doesn’t always pan out that way.

Is there anything George Ezra isn't headlining this year? All the festivals seem to vary in size as well which is slightly odd. Neighborhood, Parklife, TRNSMT Isle of Wight and Latitude... Also, did I miss the boat or something? Had no idea he was festival headliner material. 

11 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

That TRNSMT line up is awful , compared to their previous years really surprised 

Stormzy, catfish and george Ezra .  Reckon they spent too much on acts in recent years. First rumours I had heard a few months ago was the Who and Muse were playing. Muse didn’t have a Scottish date on their tour 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

46 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

It won’t be the ‘new Cure headlining Other Stage’ cos people have been suggesting Strokes subbing the Pyramid for years. And it hasn’t been happening for years.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Stormzy, catfish and george Ezra .  Reckon they spent too much on acts in recent years. First rumours I had heard a few months ago was the Who and Muse were playing. Muse didn’t have a Scottish date on their tour 

I don’t think it’s that they spent too much in previous years - just that there’s fuck all else available, especially big name headliners who are actually willing to do it. 

I may have bitched and moaned about The Killers, but looking at what a lot of other festivals have ended up with Glastonbury haven’t done all that bad, even if it’s not for me.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think it’s that they spent too much in previous years - just that there’s fuck all else available, especially big name headliners who are actually willing to do it. 

I may have bitched and moaned about The Killers, but looking at what a lot of other festivals have ended up with Glastonbury haven’t done all that bad, even if it’s not for me.

Probably right, but the feeling up here is that ticket sales will be extremely slow. As for the killers, I am actually looking forward to them !