2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I just heard that. He definitely didn't say no, but to me at least that did not sound like a "yes but I'm not allowed to say".

I'd agree. I got the impression he was probably just confused as to why he was being asked the question. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm well up for some aggressive FM rumour mongering, if only to distract us all rom the depressing reality of it being The Killers for a few sweet moments.

FLEETWOOD MAC IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!! Ill take a hit of that!! 

Seriously though.... I would do some cartwheels if its true.  

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was :D

Haha so I see!

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I just heard that. He definitely didn't say no, but to me at least that did not sound like a "yes but I'm not allowed to say".

Fair enough. Pretty standard stuff then.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

FLEETWOOD MAC IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!!!!

There you go then, TBC.

Was just thinking how we are struggling to think of all three subs. I could see George Ezra being the Friday sub. His dates line up with it, and I reckon he’d definitely be someone willing to sub glasto despite headline slots elsewhere.

also him fitting under Stormzy wouldn’t be that weird.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Was just thinking how we are struggling to think of all three subs. I could see George Ezra being the Friday sub. His dates line up with it, and I reckon he’d definitely be someone willing to sub glasto despite headline slots elsewhere.

George would play the festival outside the long drops with a portable amp he loves the place so much. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

George would play the festival outside the long drops with a portable amp he loves the place so much. 

Yup. I thought that the lack of discussion of him playing was probably because he’s playing so many shows elsewhere. However there is definitely a space for him on the lineup.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yup. I thought that the lack of discussion of him playing was probably because he’s playing so many shows elsewhere. However there is definitely a space for him on the lineup.

Yep, after listening to his and EE podcast I’d certainly say it’s a possibility.  He also bigs up Stormzy during it too. 

If anything I'd say we have too many possibilities for subs - Liam G, Gambino, Vampire Weekend, The Streets, Janet Jackson, Christine & The Queens, Lauren Hill and more to fit into the lineup somewhere...

I would be very very very! surprised if he doesn't play in some shape or form. I like the lad he's a lovely bloke and has some catchy sing a long tunes. I could quite happily not hear shotgun ever again though its been played that much haha 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If anything I'd say we have too many possibilities for subs - Liam G, Gambino, Vampire Weekend, The Streets, Janet Jackson, Christine & The Queens, Lauren Hill and more to fit into the lineup somewhere...

Hmm. Depends on how you think the lineups gonna look. I think Liam G is a shoe in due to info so that’s one gone.

Janet is seemingly confirmed so she is probably taking the second.

The third is the one that we are struggling with.

Vampire Weekend, Christine & The Queens, Gambino arguably could. But they could also (omitting Gambino) play much lower without any objection. Also there’s info that Christine is subbing the other stage right? I think the lack of EU dates for Gambino likely rule him out.

Lauren Hill I just don’t see it - based on nothing but I’d be surprised if it was.

The Streets are incredibly likely to headline the Other Stage.

I just think that George Ezra is obviously not this boards first choice for a slot this year - but arguably would be for the bookers. His gap in his tour dates looks suspicious too... he’s off the entirety of Glastonbury weekend

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm. Depends on how you think the lineups gonna look. I think Liam G is a shoe in due to info so that’s one gone.

Janet is seemingly confirmed so she is probably taking the second.

The third is the one that we are struggling with.

Vampire Weekend, Christine & The Queens, Gambino arguably could. But they could also (omitting Gambino) play much lower without any objection. Also there’s info that Christine is subbing the other stage right? I think the lack of EU dates for Gambino likely rule him out.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I can't see Janet Jackson subbing.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Liam G - Saturday

Janet - story said Sunday so if she's there it'll be then. And probably unlikely to be a sub.

Streets - more likely Other

Christine - Other sub (as per info) or 3rd down, won't sub the Pyramid

Lauryn Hill & Gambino - possible but more likely not there at all

Vampire Weekend - seem more likely to be 3rd down or subbing the Cure than on before Stormzy but could happen

Conclusion - I agree there's still one slot open for a nice surprise, or Ezra.

Edited by The Martini Police