2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There was a thread on here called ‘David Attenborough’, where the OP said there’s a rumour that he’s gonna be making an appearance.

It was Sawdusty Surfer wasn’t it? Not sure exactly what he does but he’s worked in the general Green Fields area for years I believe.

53 minutes ago, s30foster said:

According to my Time Hop Coldplay were announced 8 years ago today. It appears I wasn't pleased!

Oooh, while writing this BBC 6 Music are blasting out At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor. That would be nice on the farm.

export6924226510478389041.thumb.jpg.a74ad4e4e2ac73d7058b0316581a40fa.jpg

I was running in in El Paso a couple of years ago (their home town) and ran past a huge adult drive-in with a huge sign that proclaimed "couples welcome". Jesus... 
I wonder if that had any influence on their name...

10-rob-hann-el-paso-tx-fiesta-clic.jpg

Edited by Superscally
inserting photo

13 hours ago, chatty said:

Im not hugely excited by The Cure but I like then enough Ill prob go see then and enjoy it (bar some unexpected mega clash). Only headliner Ill prob bother with if the current projections are correct. 

No idea what ill do Friday night, Wu Tang Saturday and The Cure Sunday, ill take that, might just end up in the South East corner Fri. 

Having missed him in 2016 (Foals/Muse) and 2017 (Radiohead) I'm rather hoping Billy Bragg will headline Leftfield again on the Friday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Corbyn did a speech at the festival in 2017. They've had Tony Benn many times etc,

Assume Attenborough will be doing a speech about the environment and so on. Hes become increasingly vocal about it in the last few years.

Or he could be just plugging his new show. Or telling us when Dynasties is out on bluray. 

I did wonder if he might be introducing a film screening at Cineramanamanammanaegdeon, similar to Depp.

Hopefully it's him in Kings Meadow on Sunday morning telling everyone to take their shit home the next day.

22 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I did wonder if he might be introducing a film screening at Cineramanamanammanaegdeon, similar to Depp.

Hopefully it's him in Kings Meadow on Sunday morning telling everyone to take their shit home the next day.

It very well could be a screening of Our Planet, the documentary by the WWF that will hopefully make anyone not shitting their pants and changing their ways do so: https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/our-planet-trailer 
P.S. I am well aware that my avatar is Randy Savage... The other WWF, not the wrestling one.

15 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Don't even think they're gonna be there, Australian tour starts a couple days after and they've been told they're not winning anything so not going.

It won't have anything to do with not winning anything. They are on stage in Perth less than 60 hours after the Brits begins. Probably need to be out there before Friday with the flight....

3 hours ago, Rob_Murray92 said:

Yeh it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he's there, cool though. So nobody knows why he's suddenly become a strong rumour?

Do you need the info for Somerset / Bristol live headlines then ? .... you  do work for them dont you ?

Edited by crazyfool1

Not headliner related, but check out this bit of news

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/refunds-over-great-british-cycling-festival-event-1-5893336

Pertinent quote being:

He told BBC Radio Norfolk: “There happens to be a very large event happening in the UK that same weekend in Glastonbury and that has literally hoovered up most of the people who have the power to stop traffic.

Literally hoovered!

!!!Literally hoovered!!!

I have questions. How big's this fucking hoover for starters.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/refunds-over-great-british-cycling-festival-event-1-5893336

Pertinent quote being:

He told BBC Radio Norfolk: “There happens to be a very large event happening in the UK that same weekend in Glastonbury and that has literally hoovered up most of the people who have the power to stop traffic.

Literally hoovered!

!!!Literally hoovered!!!

Brilliant. Terrible day for the English language when the awful misuse of it was legitimised in 2013 though. 

41 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pertinent quote being:

Literally hoovered!

!!!Literally hoovered!!!

912911.jpg.036720eff2163e1d81550541143b8d56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It's an awful use of language. By which I mean it is so good it fills me with awe.

Or maybe language is living thing and words change.

That's a cop out. I hate it when linguistics come out with that bullshit. It's like a historian saying "well, there have been atrocities all through the centuries, this latest massacre is nothing new"

Just because language has always changed, doesn't mean that every single change is for the best.

How are we supposed to differentiate between a metaphor and something actually happening in a succinct way, now that "figuratively" and "literally" have the same meaning?

In other news, I turned 40 last year and fear change.

*principal Skinner gif*

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pertinent quote being:

Literally hoovered!

!!!Literally hoovered!!!

Fuck. I’m now literally dead with mild concern for the steamroller rally I had planned through central London on Marathon Day. 

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a cop out. I hate it when linguistics come out with that bullshit. It's like a historian saying "well, there have been atrocities all through the centuries, this latest massacre is nothing new"

Just because language has always changed, doesn't mean that every single change is for the best.

How are we supposed to differentiate between a metaphor and something actually happening in a succinct way, now that "figuratively" and "literally" have the same meaning?

In other news, I turned 40 last year and fear change.

*principal Skinner gif*

You can both be right really.

Literally everyone started using literally "incorrectly" so it's become a valid use.  But you are still allowed to hate it.  But it's not wrong.

10 minutes ago, uscore said:

Literally everyone started using literally "incorrectly" so it's become a valid use.  But you are still allowed to hate it.  But it's not wrong.

That's literally untrue - the "literally everyone" bit anyway is literally wrong

And I am literally the only one here who has used the word "literally" correctly

..until proven otherwise