2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 hours ago, Doug85 said:

It's who is available though and who they want to headline. Stormzy is a no brainer really after the hype he got from 2017 and then the Brits, throw in the fact he has a new album coming out then they will probably be glad they gave him his shot now. Whether or not you or other like him is really irrelevant as he will get a decent sized crowd if 2017 is anything to go by. The Cure is the strangest one of the 3 for me. The Killers will have a big crowd- they sold out BST and majority if not all of their last UK arena tour. 

It could have been Ezra, one of the gallaghers or the courteeners like other festivals so i'd say it's still better than whats available.

Don't think The Cure is that much of an odd choice really. They sold out BST in record time last year, sold out arenas in 2016 and headlined R+L in 2012. They are doing a festival tour this year where they are headlining most of the big euro fests. 

11 hours ago, duke88 said:

Just checked mine, averaged 20 miles a day! Did 23 on the Friday. Should aim to get in at least one full marathon this year.

Do you know that clapping adds loads and loads of steps to your totals. My job has me opening big valves and this adds hundereds of steps. The only way to get an accurate distance would be to have a Garmin with the GPS on all day long.

Edited by SighMo
spelling

59 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

2019 is actually The Cure's big year. Anniversary, finally a new album, a huge Euro tour (including Glasto), Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction. They're also more popular than ever. Or at least since the late 80's/early 90's.

If there's any fitting year for booking The Cure, it's this year.

Completely agree.

The one headliner I’m looking forward to seeing. Does seem odd for the Sunday though, seems out of what has been booked for last few years.

Im not hugely excited by The Cure but I like then enough Ill prob go see then and enjoy it (bar some unexpected mega clash). Only headliner Ill prob bother with if the current projections are correct. 

No idea what ill do Friday night, Wu Tang Saturday and The Cure Sunday, ill take that, might just end up in the South East corner Fri. 

22 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Do you know that clapping adds loads and loads of steps to your totals. My job has me opening big valves and this adds hundereds of steps. The only way to get an accurate distance would be to have a Garmin with the GPS on all day long.

It was off my phone’s distance tracker, not from something on my wrist though. If you think about it we’re all walking (and if not, dancing!) for 16-plus hours a day, it’s going to be a fair amount of distance.

Just now, duke88 said:

It was off my phone’s distance tracker, not from something on my wrist though. If you think about it we’re all walking (and if not, dancing!) for 16-plus hours a day, it’s going to be a fair amount of distance.

I'm just not getting how people are coming up with this high mileage. I've run an average of over 3,000 miles/year for the last 4 years and regularly do between 70 and 100 miles per week and just can't see how you'd get anywhere near this just walking around inbetween gigs for 4 or 5 days; dancing and waving your arms does add up to lots of false steps but if you're using a distance tracker (not sure how this works with an iPhone if GPS isn't on) dancing wouldn't add any distance. Amazing if accurate. I'll try setting my Garmin to walk mode and leave the GPS on all day this year just to test.

11 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I'm just not getting how people are coming up with this high mileage. I've run an average of over 3,000 miles/year for the last 4 years and regularly do between 70 and 100 miles per week and just can't see how you'd get anywhere near this just walking around inbetween gigs for 4 or 5 days; dancing and waving your arms does add up to lots of false steps but if you're using a distance tracker (not sure how this works with an iPhone if GPS isn't on) dancing wouldn't add any distance. Amazing if accurate. I'll try setting my Garmin to walk mode and leave the GPS on all day this year just to test.

Agreed. I ran 6 miles a day at Glasto, walked more than most and no way would I approach 15 miles. That's five full length trips of the site and my run. Nope.

• Like 1

I just looked at mine for 2017 and from weds-sunday I did slightly over 100km... which is about 60 miles... and in 2016 I did 45km on one day alone. 

Idk it feels reasonable because we literally never stop moving from stage to stage. In 2016 I came home weighing 15lbs less than i started!