2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 hours ago, strummer77 said:

The Killers are clearly headliner sized, will go down really well and probably deliver a solid headline set that sends most onlookers into the night really happy. 

As far as headlining a popular music festival goes, they’re still a safe and solid choice. 

The disappointment really is that for us on the forum they’re a boring choice and a bit naff. I won’t be watching but it’s an understandable mainstream choice in my opinion with what’s on offer and the Stormzy ‘risk’ they’ve taken with the mainstream rock lot. 

Sensible summary!

2 hours ago, Anarion said:

Thanks! I enjoy importing setlists from setlist.fm to Spotify. Any particular Cure-list you can recommend?

A good starting place, I'd suggest, is there set from Hyde Park last year. If you want it to be instantly accessible / recognisable, listen in reverse order.

• Like 1

If it’s Stormzy, The Cure and the Killers it’ll be the weakest set of headliners for me personally. 

I’ll be celebrating my tenth Glastonbury this year though so I can’t complain about taking a year off the pyramid really. I’ve had a fair few incredible nights at it before. 

I was really hoping for gaga and the strokes on the pyramid. As long as the other stage pulls through with Tame Impala and The Chemical brothers, I’ll be very happy.

Edited by lobo
  • Upvote 1

Coming from a selfish thought process the (rumoured) headline trio is good for me as I believe it will give me a great chance in the resale.

I do think the Killers & Cure will end up being well received when they actually perform, but I can’t see there being too many casuals chomping at the bit to get a ticket following their announcements in the same way as for Ed in 2017, Adele in 2016 and Macca would have attracted this year. (Or Gaga)

I’d be spending all three nights away from the Pyramid but would harbour no ill will against the organisers for what is comparitvely to other recent years, an underwelming set of headliners. Sometimes there’s just not much they can do.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan1471 said:

I’d be spending all three nights away from the Pyramid but would harbour no ill will against the organisers for what is comparitvely to other recent years, an underwelming set of headliners. Sometimes there’s just not much they can do.

A very sensible first post. Welcome!

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie. 

None of the confirmed or rumoured headliners are who I'd go out of my way to see but i usually find more than enough to keep myself entertained anyway

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, damo101 said:

Anyone think this years lineup maybe affected by the big birthday next year? Some bands might be lined up for next year seeing its a biggie.

Maybe a tiny bit, but ultimately they can only book what's out there - and what's out there this year doesn't seem to be especially exciting and/or has played relatively recently.

9 minutes ago, damo101 said:

None of the confirmed or rumoured headliners are who I'd go out of my way to see but i usually find more than enough to keep myself entertained anyway

There may be a small element of that, but ultimately the festival can only book who's available. And a lot of the major acts simply aren't about or aren't affordable this year.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There may be a small element of that, but ultimately the festival can only book who's available. And a lot of the major acts simply aren't about or aren't affordable this year.

Yeah I think so too as all the other festivals have such poor headliners. However the flip side is that Emily did say that certain acts approached her to play 20 so i'd expect a couple of big names or heritage acts. 

Edited by Doug85

34 minutes ago, damo101 said:

nah, I don't really think so. Bands won't be lining up their touring schedules to hit a particular Glastonbury year in the hope they get asked to play that particular year.

There might be a headliner or two where that is a factor of what they're scheduling, but there's much more than just a headliner or two out there.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Upvoted for the suggestion you're a 17th generation eFestser. The first forum was distributed on scroll by carrier pigeon.

**Priest1 Unrolls scroll**

"Ye hath been verily making up shit with thine imaginary imagination"

?

Aye, much harder to get upvotes back then, took a few pigeons to carry 1 GIF. Don't think we've ever been accused of talking shit though.

Back to the topic in hand, shoulda got The Cribs to do it.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I don’t see the anniversary has having a major impact on headliners. It’s just who is about.

They hyped up the 40th anniversary but 2009 had the better/bigger headliners!

Edited by strummer77

One nice thing to do if you are missing out on the headliners is to head up the hill and take in the view whilst the festival is going full tilt. In 2016 we forewent the company of Adele on the Pyramid for the smaller scale pleasures offered by The Turin Brakes on Avalon. After the show we headed back up to Worthy View via Strummerville and got see the site in all its Saturday night glory. Arcadia flaming away to the west, Adele and the lit up Pyramid to the north and buzz of the naughty corner to the east, it really was quite the sight.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I know lots of you don't want them and think they're underwhelming and boring etc but I really want The Killers and am worried my hopes have been raised too high! Kind of regretting checking out all the rumours now in case I'm disappointed - which I may well be. How often are rumours right at this stage? Still feels like there are others it could be (namely Strokes but also maybe Arctic Monkeys?).

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

After the show we headed back up to Worthy View via Strummerville and got see the site in all its Saturday night glory. Arcadia flaming away to the west, Adele and the lit up Pyramid to the north and buzz of the naughty corner to the east, it really was quite the sight.

This sounds awesome. Going to be my first Glastonbury and if I'm uninspired by any of the headliners I'm definitely leaving halfway through to do this!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blazingstars said:

I know lots of you don't want them and think they're underwhelming and boring etc but I really want The Killers and am worried my hopes have been raised too high! Kind of regretting checking out all the rumours now in case I'm disappointed - which I may well be. How often are rumours right at this stage? Still feels like there are others it could be (namely Strokes but also maybe Arctic Monkeys?).

Well considering weve had rumours of about fourty different headliners so far probably not that solid but in your favour The Killers seems more realistically possibly than a lot of the others.