2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but I do think The Cure has more overall known songs than Led Zep. I think my parents couldn't name a single Zep song (Well maybe 1), but would instantly recognize songs like A Forest, Just Like Heaven or Boys Don't Cry.

The Cure played at my first Glasto. In 1986. Lloyd Cole played, and at the end of his set said ‘looks like rain’ or something. The Cure came on and it lashed it down for the rest of the night. Our tent blew away. We had to sleep in my Cortina. Good times. I don’t know why I quoted the message above. I think I maybe felt temporary affinity with the parents of lighthouse. 

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but I do think The Cure has more overall known songs than Led Zep. I think my parents couldn't name a single Zep song (Well maybe 1), but would instantly recognize songs like A Forest, Just Like Heaven or Boys Don't Cry.

I think your parents are probably in the minority there tbf. 

My seven year old sons fav band is Led Zeppelin just of listing to the Immigrant Song on Thor. They also have mega famous songs in Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Rock N Roll, Misty Mountain Hop, Communication Breakdown, When The Levee Breaks, not mentioning Stairway to Heaven which has an argument for the most famous song of all time. 

Im being mirked here right? 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:26 PM, chatty said:

Now seems like a good time to have a rant tbf. I used to hate The Killers and basically they stopped getting on my nerves because of how irrelevant they became yet somehow the c**ts have managed to push themselves into the mix for headlining a major festivalnin 2019. The mind boggles. 

Calling the band The Killers and having a lead singer called Brandan Flowers ffs. The only killing these lot do is is the killing of brainwaves when you listen to their music. 

Are we human or are we dancer? 

That doesnt even make sense you spazzy pretencious w*nker. Shit lyrics by a shit writer sang by a shit singer in a shit band. Shit song, shit album. 

From all the bands that came out around 2000-2005 how come these w*nkstains of humanity are still in some sort of prime position, they should have been bottled out of the first pub they played as teenagers and that would have been the end of it. Humanity spared some atroucious crap for a couple of decades. Job done. 

But no, people started getting some sort of conscience around that time period. What has beeing nice got us? 

Say what you will about KOL but at least they had three decent albums before they went ro shit, three more than The Fucking Killers. 

KOL would be shite headliners in 2019 but if they played one song from. Their forat three albums then they would at least play a set better than The Killers by one song. 

Fuck my life.

I guess it could have been Kaiser Chiefs. Being stuck with the second worse band is still better than being stuck with the first. 

Headlining it. Again. 

Is right. 

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Raise your hand whoever here, at any stage in their lives, has looked as good as Kylie Minogue does right now at 50.

Yeah I fucking thought not.

Well that's not fair, she's had 24 years longer than me to get ready.

She'll probably edge it though judging from my dad (no offence Priest16)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Killers are clearly headliner sized, will go down really well and probably deliver a solid headline set that sends most onlookers into the night really happy. 

As far as headlining a popular music festival goes, they’re still a safe and solid choice. 

The disappointment really is that for us on the forum they’re a boring choice and a bit naff. I won’t be watching but it’s an understandable mainstream choice in my opinion with what’s on offer and the Stormzy ‘risk’ they’ve taken with the mainstream rock lot. 

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, Robofish said:

The Cure played at my first Glasto. In 1986. Lloyd Cole played, and at the end of his set said ‘looks like rain’ or something. The Cure came on and it lashed it down for the rest of the night. Our tent blew away. We had to sleep in my Cortina. Good times. I don’t know why I quoted the message above. I think I maybe felt temporary affinity with the parents of lighthouse. 

Think I too must be at least old enough to be one of @lighthouse's parents. Also I can't name as many Zep songs off the top of my head as chatty's 7 year old. 

Kylie is getting the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Give over with the media whore shit. Dude can go naked and not be told he's a slut. Try to remember that women do make up some percentage of contribution to this forum. 

We desperately need an announcement or Simpsons posts cos these past few pages suck. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Give over with the media whore shit. Dude can go naked and not be told he's a slut. Try to remember that women do make up some percentage of contribution to this forum. 

We desperately need an announcement or Simpsons posts cos these past few pages suck. 

giphy-2.gif

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Does your mum know Stormzy though?

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Men and women can be media whores.

It doesn't mean actual whores.

I am a woman.

I can't explain to people who won't listen so here's a link: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/media_whore

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, lighthouse said:

The Cure isn't really a jump and flail around kind of band. (Thank god!)

A Forest is always a huge, unbeatable live moment. Collective chills whenever that bass comes up. Personally I love the climax of From The End Of The Deep Green Sea or Disintegration. Immense. These epics are the exact opposite of dull.

Thanks! I enjoy importing setlists from setlist.fm to Spotify. Any particular Cure-list you can recommend?

37 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

Men and women can be media whores.

It doesn't mean actual whores.

I am a woman.

I can't explain to people who won't listen so here's a link: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/media_whore

It's still a loaded term to use in defence of the people weaponising a woman's sexual history as a means of attacking her husband.

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

And whilst we're calling out the bullshit can the Kylie discussion move beyond phwoar/too old to phwoar.

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Well that's not fair, she's had 24 years longer than me to get ready.

She'll probably edge it though judging from my dad (no offence Priest16)

Upvoted for the suggestion you're a 17th generation eFestser. The first forum was distributed on scroll by carrier pigeon.

**Priest1 Unrolls scroll**

"Ye hath been verily making up shit with thine imaginary imagination"

?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

13 hours ago, Jake9502 said:

Recon the lack of announcements is due to them scrambling to get a decent line up? Like from what we know it’s lack lustre and abit embarrassing to say there’s been 2 years and most of the big acts played 2017 on smaller stages ? 

There's no "lack of announcements" the amount they've announced so far is consistent with most years recently.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

There's no "lack of announcements" the amount they've announced so far is consistent with most years recently.

Yet every year the impatience grows exponentially. With the current underwhelming prospect of The Killers as the last headliner I can now patiently wait for the non Pyramid line up to start appearing next month.

Whilst there does appear to be a dearth of interesting 'headliners' about this year, there are loads of decent acts around below that level. I have genuinely good feeling about the strength of the 'undercard' this year.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

Yet every year the impatience grows exponentially. With the current underwhelming prospect of The Killers as the last headliner I can now patiently wait for the non Pyramid line up to start appearing next month.

Whilst there does appear to be a dearth of interesting 'headliners' about this year, there are loads of decent acts around below that level. I have genuinely good feeling about the strength of the 'undercard' this year.

Yeah I'm pretty unhyped about the rumoured headliners this year (across most stages, although we've still got tons to come) but getting pretty excited about some of the possible undercard acts. Also hoping for some of those 'well I wasn't expecting that' acts to pop up on the lineup also - they're always fun.

• Upvote 1