2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

10 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

These were the words I used 'like he almost invites it'.

You know the way that some people would love to smack Justin Beiber in the face ? Like his behaviour almost invites it.

I didn't say KW deserved the type of abuse he got, nobody does. Does he deserve adoration ? Hell no. He supports a right wing racist president - and yes, the irony has been pointed out to him - that alone should tell you something about him.

Kanye West *has an opinion - UPROAR

you've got Pete Townsend in ur display pic mate. 

5 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

Recon the lack of announcements is due to them scrambling to get a decent line up? Like from what we know it’s lack lustre and abit embarrassing to say there’s been 2 years and most of the big acts played 2017 on smaller stages ? 

Tbf Killers only on a smaller stage cos was a secret set

No way they're anything other than headliner size normally

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

By implying she asked for it you were defending the misogyny.

?????????????? I never implied she asked for it ?

I said 'media whore' meaning she takes money from all types of media without having any discernible talent.

I've no idea what was on the flag mentioned, but from what was said it was an image from an x-rated video she made, but I never said she deserved it. 

I'm not sure how, as a woman, I'm defending misogyny - that is something I would never do.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You said "Probably because their wives wouldn't put themselves in the same position(s) as Kim K" which implies that she deserves it.

No it doesn't, it implies that their wives wouldn't put themselves in the position that KK did so the same abuse wouldn't be possible.

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It’s not a stretch to have both opinions of thinking the flag was appalling and that KK is a talentless vacuous waste of space.

Yeah this. I dislike Kanye. I strongly dislike KK. But I hate any racist misogynist more. 

Sure I read somewhere that there were other stages people could go to if they didn't like.

22 minutes ago, blazingstars said:

Tbf Killers only on a smaller stage cos was a secret set

No way they're anything other than headliner size normally

I agree but when you think they played in 2017 now headliners, stormzy played other in 2017, now headliner, LG played 2017 now subbing, the cure, haven’t been relevant since who knows when,. I just think surely they must’ve looked at the line up and though is this 2017 but bumped up! Or just a lack lusture line up, I’m hoping for some ‘wow’ acts or acts who don’t tour every week on the line-up, that’s would be goodn all said and done though, I’m still buzzing for glasto and can’t wait for June!! Think I just expected more ? but I suppose the full line up will be out soon! Maybe there are no announcements and the next will be a poster drop maybe? ?

no-one heard anything from that woman on twitter since?

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Yeah this. I dislike Kanye. I strongly dislike KK. But I hate any racist misogynist more. 

Sure I read somewhere that there were other stages people could go to if they didn't like.

He’s infuriating, but he’ll always get a pass from me for his tunes.

9 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

No it doesn't, it implies that their wives wouldn't put themselves in the position that KK did so the same abuse wouldn't be possible.

Come on. Kim Kardashian's actions do not make other people's misogyny acceptable. Saying that it's possible because of something she's done is a dangerous blame game. Legitimises awful behaviour. Done. I'm out 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What do you think slut-shaming is....?

Ummm, shaming somebody for being a slut ?

Hey, it's worked for her, good on her. She had the balls (not literal) to make a tape which was 'leaked' to the media, it made her more famous. I'm not shaming her for it.

48 minutes ago, Jake9502 said:

I agree but when you think they played in 2017 now headliners, stormzy played other in 2017, now headliner, LG played 2017 now subbing, the cure, haven’t been relevant since who knows when,. I just think surely they must’ve looked at the line up and though is this 2017 but bumped up! Or just a lack lusture line up, I’m hoping for some ‘wow’ acts or acts who don’t tour every week on the line-up, that’s would be goodn all said and done though, I’m still buzzing for glasto and can’t wait for June!! Think I just expected more ? but I suppose the full line up will be out soon! Maybe there are no announcements and the next will be a poster drop maybe? ?

no-one heard anything from that woman on twitter since?

Out of the three acts announced so far, Kylie is pretty exclusive as is Janelle Monae (I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong as I'm not aware of how much she has played over in the UK recently but didn't think it was a huge amount). And Stormzy is an up-and-coming talent. There's strong rumours Janet Jackson is on the bill, a great coup for the festival if true and also an exclusive booking. The Cure would also be a fairly exclusive booking for the festival given their lack of UK dates (did I just defend the G's booking of The Cure... fuck I did). 

In any case once the full line up drops I'm sure you'll be buzzing, and if not then you certainly will be by the time you're on the farm! :D

Edited by djdavejohnson
Typo
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Lots of people dissing The Cure for not being relevant. A lot of people hoping for Macca, FMac, Led Zep, Queen with Adam Lambert, Madge etc. Any of those still relevant?

The Cure are a great band with a dozen or so absolute bangers. Worthy at Worthy. 

You missed the killers from your list ;)