2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s unbelievable that at the glastonbury festival that some idiots would rather attend a performance that they so violently hated when there are so many other acts they could have been at. I just don’t understand that. What were they expecting, that he would just do Mumford covers instead of his usual set? Some folk just don’t deserve tickets.  once the whole line up is finalised we will decide where to go well in advance. In all the years I have never been disappointed .  

Just don’t understand that people are happy wasting their Glastonbury experience on an act they clearly don’t like. 

I had no interest in seeing Kanye so I followed my friends to Dead Mouse (who I had never listened to) and had a great time! 

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, twattery of the highest order. The same people would never even dream of doing it with Damon Albarn or Thom Yorke's wives, but they consider Kanye fair game. Wonder why that is...

Probably because their wives wouldn't put themselves in the same position(s) as Kim K.

I'm not condoning the crowd's behaviour in any way, shape or form,  but it's like he almost invites it. Can you imagine if Maga hats were about then and he turned up wearing one ? He's got more than a few screws loose, he seems like an arsehole and he's married to a media whore.

I have zero respect for him and it's nothing to do with his music, I detest Stormzy's music as much but I have respect for him, he's doing good and I hope he smashes it on the pyramid.

Thom Yorke and Damon Albarn have always seemed like nice people to me and I know nothing about their private lives because they're not splashed all over every bloody magazine craving money and attention.

• Downvote 14

17 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

I'm not condoning the crowd's behaviour in any way, shape or form,  but it's like he almost invites it

"I'm not condoning it but here are reasons why he totally deserves it". Come off it, Morrissey and the Gallagher's are total c*nts, but apparently we can just forget about that cause people rate their music? 

Yes he is a particularly unlikable character, but that doesn't condone that kind of treatment, the horrid flags and the racism for christ sake!

Edited by thrillhouse188
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I can’t stand Kanye and have actively avoided details about/have no interest in Kim... so I wasn’t on that stage that night.

Anyone that was there out of anger is clearly ridiculous, whether there reasoning was not, partially or entirely race related. I fear most of it would have been the latter.

1 minute ago, Username taken said:

I quite like a lot of Kanye's tunes and have no real opinion of him as a guy.  But I thought his set was horrendous.  A real shame as he has a good 10 -15 absolute BANGERS, which with a bit of stage production and showmanship could have smashed it out of the park.

Doesn’t help that rap/hip hop is notoriously difficult to do well live, especially on a massive stage to tens of thousands of people.

12 minutes ago, Username taken said:

I quite like a lot of Kanye's tunes and have no real opinion of him as a guy.  But I thought his set was horrendous.  A real shame as he has a good 10 -15 absolute BANGERS, which with a bit of stage production and showmanship could have smashed it out of the park.

It must felt different being there but I have watched the tv coverage a couple of times and thought the set was brilliant. A really powerful performance imo. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Doesn’t help that rap/hip hop is notoriously difficult to do well live, especially on a massive stage to tens of thousands of people.

Yep. If you're going to engage a crowd of that size you need to throw the kitchen sink at it.  Live band, gospel singers - the works.

Standing on a massive stage like that with your mate over in the corner on his iPod is unlikely to draw the audience in

Just now, Username taken said:

Yep. If you're going to engage a crowd of that size you need to throw the kitchen sink at it.  Live band, gospel singers - the works.

Standing on a massive stage like that with your mate over in the corner on his iPod is unlikely to draw the audience in

I didn't watch him, but I was walking across the back of the Pyramid field making my way from the moody Blues to Suede and I had to stop for a second and admire the balls on him on stage on his own under a huge lighting rig.

10 minutes ago, Username taken said:

*The Spicy Take Haver has logged on*

I thought Kanye's stage setup worked very well and I'm glad he didn't make loads of concessions to Real Music™️isms. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yeah I can’t stand Kanye and have actively avoided details about/have no interest in Kim... so I wasn’t on that stage that night.

Anyone that was there out of anger is clearly ridiculous, whether there reasoning was not, partially or entirely race related. I fear most of it would have been the latter.

It is indeed ridiculous behaviour for anyone to attend a set out of anger or to bring someone down but I don't think these suggestions that it's pure racism are reasonable. Whilst there might have been people being racist (didn't see it myself, crowd near me was fine) but seems much more likely to me that's it's because a lot of people, if not most, think he's an arrogant knobhead and wanted him to fail because of that. I think the obvious explanation that the flag was made to distract him and annoy him is more likely that it being racist, but it's still abhorrent and quite pathetic behaviour for non-racist reasons.

1 hour ago, TheNoise said:

Probably because their wives wouldn't put themselves in the same position(s) as Kim K.

I'm not condoning the crowd's behaviour in any way, shape or form,  but it's like he almost invites it. Can you imagine if Maga hats were about then and he turned up wearing one ? He's got more than a few screws loose, he seems like an arsehole and he's married to a media whore.

I have zero respect for him and it's nothing to do with his music, I detest Stormzy's music as much but I have respect for him.

A few points I would like you to clear up

Can you clarify what you mean by ‘brings it on himself’? 

Why would his very clear mental health issues make him an ‘arsehole’?

Why did you choose to use Stormzy as an example and not any other band you don’t like? 

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It is indeed ridiculous behaviour for anyone to attend a set out of anger or to bring someone down but I don't think these suggestions that it's pure racism are reasonable. Whilst there might have been people being racist (didn't see it myself, crowd near me was fine) but seems much more likely to me that's it's because a lot of people, if not most, think he's an arrogant knobhead and wanted him to fail because of that. I think the obvious explanation that the flag was made to distract him and annoy him is more likely that it being racist, but it's still abhorrent and quite pathetic behaviour for non-racist reasons.

FWIW I wasn't suggesting that the flag was racist, more what he does is likely to offend the "real music" brigade, who, rather than just go and watch something else like a rational human being, would prefer to just act like twats.

16 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

But Liam Gallagher gets a free pass?? ??

No one has topped that moment where Kanye flew over my head on a crane. NO ONE.

That moment where we thought he packed it in then we saw him elevated over the crowd. Fans around me going nuts. Fantastic stuff. That’s how you headline a festival!

yes he’s got a screw loose, yes he needs help, yes he is surrounded by bad influences and yes men. But when Kanye wants to be he knows how to perform and create like no other.

Edited by Matt42