2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

23 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

That was one of the most toxic crowds I've ever been in. I had people around me just shouting out horrific racial abuse; n-word, c-word, you name it. It was incredibly disheartening and lead to me getting in multiple shouting matches with people around me that almost resulted in full on fights. 

It’s unbelievable that at the glastonbury festival that some idiots would rather attend a performance that they so violently hated when there are so many other acts they could have been at. I just don’t understand that. What were they expecting, that he would just do Mumford covers instead of his usual set? Some folk just don’t deserve tickets.  once the whole line up is finalised we will decide where to go well in advance. In all the years I have never been disappointed .  

21 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

??? It really did bring out the worst in people, nasty undercurrent to a lot of the crowd in the build up, which is why I pushed as far forward as I could and luckily ended up in a spot of the crowd where everybody was there to have a good time and loved it. Sorry to hear you had to experience that.

Similar experience.   There were a LOT of people there who were just excited at the idea of seeing him fail so they could be proved right.   So many people complaining that he shouldn't be headlining or they don't know his songs and yet they were still there.  Very, very odd.

I moved around until we found some people who were there for the right reasons.   

47 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

That was one of the most toxic crowds I've ever been in. I had people around me just shouting out horrific racial abuse; n-word, c-word, you name it. It was incredibly disheartening and lead to me getting in multiple shouting matches with people around me that almost resulted in full on fights. 

OMG! I am genuinely shocked by this. Why would you bother going FFS! I hope that doesn't happen with Stormzy :(

42 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Surprised by that.  We were about halfway back and the general vibe from most around us was that we were excited to see what Kanye did.  Most people were still up from Pharrell.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the first few tunes, but then there was something of an exodus as he began to struggle. 

That was the same where we were nearer the back, not the toxic atmosphere described by a couple of others. 

We did indeed join the exodus after a bit.

46 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah I was there on the Jarvis night, it was amazing seeing the wiry lad grinding away up there. Cherry on top for me.

Went to the Manchester show on the same run as that York Hall show, but they didn't do the boxing ring there, just yer normal festival stage. Was a decent gig but nothing exceptional, reckon that was to do with sight lines being poor, sound not being particularly loud and bit muddy, and the fact that the venue was a dirty ditch I have no affection for.

Was that Castlefield? I was there and loved it.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was that Castlefield? I was there and loved it.

Others on here (maybe even you), have took me to task on this many times before, tried to get me to revise my stance on Castlefield toilet bowl. But I will not be swayed. Still bought a ticket for The National tho, and got a beady little eye on that Janelle show and all.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Others on here (maybe even you), have took me to task on this many times before, tried to get me to revise my stance on Castlefield toilet bowl. But I will not be swayed. Still bought a ticket for The National tho, and got a beady little eye on that Janelle show and all.

Interesting, I've always loved CB - all the way back to the days of DPercussion.

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

OMG! I am genuinely shocked by this. Why would you bother going FFS! I hope that doesn't happen with Stormzy :(

Unfortunately it will, people are all too happy to go watch people crash and burn or to have a hand in it. As long as there is no 'comedian' appearing on stage making him having to restart a part of his set.

To quote a line out of The Dark Knight : "some people just want to watch the world burn"  it's sad. If you don't like an act why go spoil it for people that do.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

No fucking way! That's just awful! I hope a lot of punters had some stern words with those misogynistic assholes

Aye, twattery of the highest order. The same people would never even dream of doing it with Damon Albarn or Thom Yorke's wives, but they consider Kanye fair game. Wonder why that is...

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It won’t happen for Stormzy. He’s about the most family friendly rapper after Will Smith. People don’t wanna bring him down or watch him fail, they’ll just go somewhere else if not interested.

He did get a lot of hate on social media though when he was announced 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, twattery of the highest order. The same people would never even dream of doing it with Damon Albarn or Thom Yorke's wives, but they consider Kanye fair game. Wonder why that is...

:( And then claim it's just that his "style of music" doesn't have a place at Glastonbury...

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Neil has had word it's The killers and the cure. Not confirmed though.

Cool, that's all the confirmation I need. Hopefully there is someone strong against The Cure. Saw them in 2012 and was unimpressed. Might watch Stormzy, definitely watch The Killers