2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

47 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

No snobbishness here mate, I don't mind the killers, I just don't feel they are a particularly strong headliner taking into consideration the other two (if correct). How would it of went down if they were headlining last year before they played that secret set? My guess is it would be a lot worse than now. So basically they are getting this gig primarily off the back of their performance as special guests at the last Glastonbury.

If you add an act like Macca to any of the three mooted to headline it would look better but those three together look kind of weak to me.

It might have been part of the deal, they were a big success last time (I saw chic). 

I agree their not as strong as those three we’ve mentioned, but there’s not been much serious chance (only dreams) the they’ve been on the cards. So as a generally poplar, crowd unifying headliner I’m happy above most of the other options (as summarised by dental, I think, above). 

Ususl rules about other stages apply. 

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Shut up you moron. Delighted The Killers are playing just to wind you up lol.

Youll not be happy if your ears start to work and you start to melt due to the soundwaves of death hitting you. Deafness can be a great affliction in times like these, think yourself lucky. 

My brother loves The Killers as well and went to Rock Werchter last year and said they weren't very good. Sounds like an off night, where some idiot who had no idea how to play drums asked to play drums and then obviously fucked it up and threw it all off a bit. Think Brandon ended up acting like a bit of a diva cos he was pissed off lol. They have someone from the crowd play drums on For Reasons Unknown at pretty much every gig these days and it's usually a cool moment for whoever has actually learned how to play the song, and it goes down really well.

I have seen them 5 times on the current tour and they were brilliant every time. And it does frustrate me a little bit how samey and obvious the setlists tend to be, but they have so many set staples because they have so many really popular songs that a LOT of casual music fans want to hear, and that will/would (I don't wanna get ahead of myself) suit a Glastonbury headline slot perfectly. It's a shame that I don't get to hear the likes of On Top or Losing Touch, which are better than yr Mr Brightsides, but The Killers are still as big as they are because Brandon Flowers is such a crowd pleaser. 

A lot of people on here absolutely cannot take personal opinion out of the equation when deciding who is/isn't a headliner. You can't claim that this is a weak booking after you had no issue with Radiohead being booked, who are undeniably inferior in terms of the number of well known songs, and the crowd they would pull, and also equally if not more past their prime. (That isn't to say the Radiohead set wasn't great, it was, 2nd best all weekend behind that secret set in the JP tent.)

There's clearly gonna be someone else sick on at the same time anyway so who even cares. 

UTSK

Edited by Odessa
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Odessa said:

You can't claim that this is a weak booking after you had no issue with Radiohead being booked, who are undeniably inferior in terms of the number of well known songs, and the crowd they would pull, and also equally if not more past their prime. 

Good post, but *hard* pass on the above. Really, dude? Yer gonna go there?

1 hour ago, Username taken said:

There’s a reasonable chance that the man on the street would know more Killers songs that Radiohead songs. Not sure the average festival goer would though

Of course they would. Everyone bar an actual Radiohead fan knows more Killers songs.

• Upvote 3